South JO CO DU Event

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

South JO CO DU Event

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:59 pm

Guys,
I am part of the South Johnson County Ducks Unlimited Committee (old Olathe Chapter). Our annual event is next Saturday the 18th from 5 to ???. I know a couple of guys from the forum have expressed interest in going so I was going to reserve a forum table if some of you would like to attend.

Our event is at the KC Gift Mart at 115th and Metcalf in OP. Cost is $35 per ticket and we have special free gifts if you would be interested in a table for a large group please PM me. At this event there should be something for everyone and a great place to meet several other guys. I have worked with several DU committees’ and these guys run one of the smoothest events I have ever been part of.

We got some great donations this year from local and national venders and if you want to leave with something you should not have too much of a problem. Your $35 provides a 1 year DU membership magazine included, dinner and drinks (soda for the kids). There will be 6 or seven games (back jack, cover up, pluck a duck and so) you can get involved with and as usual over 50 raffle items and loads of silent and live action items. This year we will have a full 16 foot duck boat and trailer as part of the live action that was donated by a local business. We also have one of the best black lab pup's I have seen in a while.

Trust me I know not everyone agrees with DU or supports them, it's just a personal choice for me to give back to a sport I love. So please don't send any hate mail or phone calls but please feel free to call me at 913-620-1073 if would like a Saturday out with friends or if you want info... Hope we can get at least 10 guys by next Monday evening from the forum there so I can save a table. I am also posting this in a few other places FYI...

Nick
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby porochi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:51 pm

Can you pay at the door or need to pay in advance?
porochi
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:25 pm

I'm planning on this, Springer. Maybe got KC Duckslayer as well. Still working on a few "non-DHC" folks, but nothing certain yet. C'mon, local metro area - let's make this a DHC event... :salude:
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:13 pm

I think we are getting close to a table, we only need a few more. If you can get my your name and Address by PM before Monday afternoon I will have a packet waiting for you at the check in door. I need to know if we have enough for a table by Monday.

Sound like this will be a good time.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:26 pm

Ok,
Things are really coming together. I still need couple of more guys to reserve a table with. Hope you can make it. :salude: All I can say is come thirtsy...

Nick
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting