Turkey

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Turkey

Postby big_countryks » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:44 pm

Buddy and I went for a quick goose hunt this morning just north of his house. Didn't see any geese, but we scared the hell out of a hen turkey and his dog went chasing after it. Can I say that i kinda wish the dog would've caught the turkey? Anyway just got me that much more revved up for Spring Turkey even thought I got a couple months to go. How bout this damn cold now that duck season is over. Saw more ducks today than I have all season!!!
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:25 pm

Our turkey population is way down. I have only seen one family group all winter. Never even pulled the trigger on one. Biologist here says we had a really poor hatch. I sure haven't seen many this fall.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

fires

Postby jdbuckshot » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:08 pm

all there fires are going to make for some good spring growth. if the populations i down now, its going to be way down by may 31 :pissed: :pissed:
jdbuckshot
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:31 am

I've seen a few turkeys out around, but not as many as I usually seem to see. Big_Country no geese to be found huh? I haven't been out that way for a couple weeks now, and well, I am at work today so I am done with all the waterfowl for the season. I am ready to go out and get my first turkey with you this year! :salude:
Captain16
hunter

Postby big_countryks » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:52 am

Oh no Captain...lot's of geese to be found, just not to be found where we were :toofunny:

We saw some huge flocks movin, but no where close to where we were. Be ready when April rolls around I'll show you what Turkey Hunting is all about.

Tom
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:16 am

Yeah, I know how that goes. Always the wrong spot at the wrong time. I know I am ready to go get a turkey! I've seen them around, so hopefully they stay around till april!
Captain16
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting