Teal Opener????

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Re: Teal Opener????

Postby cyoung24 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:We hunted a place with nice habitat. We were the only people hunting it. I really thought it would be full of ducks with the cold weather a week or so earlier.

There have been many teal seasons with no evening temps in the 40's, yet we have still shot plenty of ducks those years. I was really surprised to not have teal around. We had several groups land on us right before shooting time. Then just at shooting time we had a group land and shortly after had a single drop in. Other than that we didnt see any more activity.

That photo alone was worth the trip, nice shot. I went out and only shot 2. I could have shot more but the wood ducks were so thick and the fog made me pretty nervous to pull the trigger. Probably gonna give it a go this wknd too. Maybe the front will push some more down.
:sniper: :evilbanana:
cyoung24
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:06 am

Hunted five days so far this year. Pretty average season....
mudpack
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 am

Yet to see a teal while hunting. Saw one dove yesterday and 2 wood ducks. I almost wonder if they haven't blown on through already. I have heard reports coming out of Louisiana that they have more BWT down there presently than they have seen in years. Been out looking every day this week.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby cyoung24 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:41 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:Yet to see a teal while hunting. Saw one dove yesterday and 2 wood ducks. I almost wonder if they haven't blown on through already. I have heard reports coming out of Louisiana that they have more BWT down there presently than they have seen in years. Been out looking every day this week.

I've heard the same thing. I think this front that just moved though has or will push the rest of them out of here.
cyoung24
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:17 pm

I am going to be out looking again this afternoon. If I don't find anything I will quit wasting gas money. Put 100 miles on the truck the last few days looking for teal or doves. Also put in a mile or so in the boat. They are talking heavy rain Saturday and Sunday, and a few inches in the right spots could make things very interesting. Wont make the farmers happy at this point though.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby cyoung24 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 pm

I've put in well over a hundred but I use the wife's car, 38mpg. I'll probably go out saturday morning and if it sucks I'll probably be done till big duck season. I don't mind the rain though we need it.
cyoung24
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:18 am

Went out Wednesday. The only thing I saw flying was the wasp that stung me twice. Pretty piss poor down south here.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby radfordc » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Three teal hunts so far and one BW killed. Not much to get excited about.
radfordc
hunter

Teal Opener????

Postby DanJeffandJack » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:06 pm

radfordc wrote:Three teal hunts so far and one BW killed. Not much to get excited about.

I'm sitting in the same position. Two hunts at two different places only 1 bird to show for it...
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Ya'll are lucky, I haven't been able to go out yet, some one shoot one or two for me haha
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Sorry to hear the bad reports guys... We shot 60 Teal since Tuesday. Limits all around. We've been rotating ponds. Today was th toughest day by far. The fog made it tough. Took till ten to shoot ouut 12.
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby radfordc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:25 am

As always, being on the X counts for everything.
radfordc
hunter

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:19 am

Mallyard wrote:Sorry to hear the bad reports guys... We shot 60 Teal since Tuesday. Limits all around. We've been rotating ponds. Today was th toughest day by far. The fog made it tough. Took till ten to shoot ouut 12.

Ouch salt in the wound :sad:, I'm just messing of course, I'm glad yall are killing 'em. :biggrin:
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:45 pm

I am done with teal. Hunted and scouted for 6 days and killed a grand total of 1 gwt. Went out tonight and never fired a shot. Allergies are going banannas. We need 8 more inches of rain on top of the 2 we got last night. Gonna work more OT get some stuff paid off I guess since there is not much else to do.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby cyoung24 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Same here I'm done. Didn't even make it out this weekend. Between the baby being up all night and allergies too. Felt like crap all weekend. The success stories are few and far between. For there being so many more BWT this year compared to last it seemed like a bust. I think they just kept going south with the lack of water. Hopefully its not a sign of what's to come for big duck season. We're making our plans for our trip out west in a month hopefully we get more rain otherwise there's not gonna be anything worth going out for.
cyoung24
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting