Wilson, Kanopalis?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Wilson, Kanopalis?

Postby Tuff » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:49 pm

First of all, forgive me if I spelled Kanopalis wrong, Just curious as to how much luck, if any, of you guys had at either of the two lakes. I am originally from East Texas, and was thinking about buying a boat for next season. I don't expect specific details but didn't know if it would be worth my time and money. My other question would be how often a guy would get to go out with the wind being like it is here. A little different than the Pineywoods of East Texas.
Tuff
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Pheasant near wilson. Lots of Sandhill cranes too. Haven't ever duck hunted it though.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:49 am

:welcome: 12dollar! I have never hunted either one either. Fishing has been great at both lakes, but as far as duck hunting I have never hunted nor have I heard any hunting reports from either lake. As far as wind, that is a great question. Sometimes you get lucky and you can take your boat out a week at a time without getting blown off, othertimes, well you know!
Captain16
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:19 am

Wilson is spotty. Sometimes there are tons of birds and then this season there wasn't nothing. In early season there is usually plenty of hooded mergansers but that's a one bird deal. Also it's hard to hunt. It seems like there is always some pheasant hunter trying to hunt right next to you, we had them walking 20-30 yards from our goose spread. I hunt mainly cause it's close to me. that and cheyenne bottoms was dry this year. I have never hunted Kanopalis
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby Riverjumper » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm

I have been up to Kanapolis before, but not to hunt. 12dolla, I'll hook ya up with good places around the area :cool:
Riverjumper
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting