New guy intro

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

New guy intro

Postby Eiko87 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Hey everybody,

New to the state board and the forum as well, friend of mine told me about this so I figured I would give it a try. Just moved to Lenexa KS from texas, Was born here and my family moved and now I was transfered back for my job. I'm 23 and have only been duck hunting a few years. How is everybodys teal season going?

Excited for the weekend, gonna fill the truck up and start scouting. hopefully I can find some half way decent places holding water. Don't have anybody to hunt with here, So if i find any decent holes, anybody up for a hunt before teal season ends? Look forward to talking to ya'll
Eiko87
Newb

Re: New guy intro

Postby sself » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Eiko87 wrote:Hey everybody,

New to the state board and the forum as well, friend of mine told me about this so I figured I would give it a try. Just moved to Lenexa KS from texas, Was born here and my family moved and now I was transfered back for my job. I'm 23 and have only been duck hunting a few years. How is everybodys teal season going?

Excited for the weekend, gonna fill the truck up and start scouting. hopefully I can find some half way decent places holding water. Don't have anybody to hunt with here, So if i find any decent holes, anybody up for a hunt before teal season ends? Look forward to talking to ya'll

Would you happen to work at Eiko in Lenexa or is the name just a coincidence?
sself
hunter

Postby Eiko87 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 pm

haha na, thats actually my German Shepherds name. Good guess though...didn't know there was such a company around here. Did not know what else to use as a screen name
Eiko87
Newb

Postby sself » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Eiko87 wrote:haha na, thats actually my German Shepherds name. Good guess though...didn't know there was such a company around here. Did not know what else to use as a screen name

Yep, huge lighting company.
sself
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Welcome to Kansas.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Eiko87 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks guys, How is teal season going around this part of KS?
Eiko87
Newb

Postby fowlhunter » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:47 pm

So far not worth a crap! LOL! We need rain bad. Welcome to the site.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby cyoung24 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:05 pm

:welcome:
Teal season has been ok for me. Only been out once and shot 2. Foggy and lots of wood ducks made it tough to id birds, still good to get out and pull the trigger.
:sniper: :evilbanana:
cyoung24
hunter

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 pm

WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Welcome to the forum!
I hope you enjoy your time on here. Be carefull what you post, we've got some type happy, opinionated, anti-internet scouting members! :beer:
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby soot87 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Welcome. I'm newer to the site too. I've knocked down two already this season. Listen Mallyard guys around here don't like internet scouters even if that's not what you're trying to do. I'm always down to meet new hunters. I'm 26. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a hunt.
Bang Bang, Splash Splash
soot87
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 am

yep i am all over the keyboard with threats, welcome to KS, just don't be looking for or giving spots away on here and you will be fine. If you want help in a certain area ask someone that my be from the area in a PM most will help you out or at least point you in the right direction.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 96
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:48 am

duckdozer wrote:yep i am all over the keyboard with threats, welcome to KS, just don't be looking for or giving spots away on here and you will be fine. If you want help in a certain area ask someone that my be from the area in a PM most will help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

All of that is true unless your name is Chad B______. :biggrin: :lol: :bow: :hi: :hammer: :thumbsup: :beer:
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby mudpack » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 am

Welcome to Kansas waterfowl hunting. Replace the Texas plates on your truck ASAP.
The 2011 teal season here seems to be feast or famine....mostly famine.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Eiko87 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Texas plates are off the truck already. Lol but i did hear the JO on my licence plate will probably not work in my favor?

Not going to internet scout, never heard of it but assume its somebody asking for spots on here.

I got out and scouted today, Stopped at a gas station on my way there, which was fairly close to the lake I was scouting. Couple guys saw my DU sticker on my truck and came over and started talking about ducks and what I was out doing, I just said scouting and walked inside to get a drink, I came out got in my truck and continued on my way. once I got to the first marsh I wanted to scout i soon realized they were following me and putting points into their GPS. When I confronted them about it they just said they were out scouting too lol. I headed out and they did the same, I just started heading home, Once they figured out i was not going anyplace they wanted to go they turned around, I did the same and headed back out to scout. Saw a few small groups, but nothing like I was hoping for.
Eiko87
Newb

Postby Pini88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Eiko87 wrote:I got out and scouted today, Stopped at a gas station on my way there, which was fairly close to the lake I was scouting. Couple guys saw my DU sticker on my truck and came over and started talking about ducks and what I was out doing, I just said scouting and walked inside to get a drink, I came out got in my truck and continued on my way. once I got to the first marsh I wanted to scout i soon realized they were following me and putting points into their GPS. When I confronted them about it they just said they were out scouting too lol. I headed out and they did the same, I just started heading home, Once they figured out i was not going anyplace they wanted to go they turned around, I did the same and headed back out to scout. Saw a few small groups, but nothing like I was hoping for.

:welcome: must of been around juco that is the only way they know how to scout around there :biggrin:
Pini88
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 am

wlecome to the site and the part about being followed is weird...never had that happen to me. :welcome:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Welcome back. You just learned the exact reason I do not put stickers on my truck. I don't want thieves knowing what might be in there. Also want people to be guessing what I am doing. The spot I teal hunted tonight you wouldn't know if I was scouting for deer or duck hunting. Used to be some citidiots follow me around in my old truck, so I have done away with all stickers.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Packer lakerfan4 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 am

Ppl are stupid
Last edited by Packer lakerfan4 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Packer lakerfan4
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 am

Figured that you were the same person when you said somethin about German shepards.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 96
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Welcome to Kansas and to the Forum . I think you will find Lenexa a nice place to live .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby matte » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:16 pm

matte
hunter

Postby Bgold » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

Welcome back..... packerfan... :hi:
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"

Retrieves by Gunner: 23
Bgold
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Dear denizens of the Kansas forum,

It has come to my attention that you recently have a raging douchebag in your midst (besides jensen). See OP and below*. I would like to formally offer my services in the future in dealing with matters of this type. If you'll kindly review most posts in the Honey Hole, you'll find that I have a particular penchant for meting out punishment to the deserving in a most inventive and comical way. Though I don't hunt in Kansas and the little I've seen of the state as I drove through to go ski in Colorado reminded me of a scene from "Children of the Corn," I would be more than happy to lend you my services in the present venue.

Sincerely,

WTN10

Preacher1011 wrote:*Or would you want it deleted because you got butthurt and made up an new account Eiko87? Yes, I know you have another account.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Next

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting