teal hunt

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

teal hunt

Postby takem7 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:20 pm

A little teal hunt four guys and four limits

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
when in doubt empty the magazine
takem7
hunter

Re: teal hunt

Postby cyoung24 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Nice job, did better than me and most others from what I've heard.
:sniper: :evilbanana:
cyoung24
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:51 am

Seems like most teal hunters have given up on them for this year. I've been out the first weekend and every weekday but one since it opened and the lack of hunter activity has been remarkable. I know there is no water, but come on guys!!!
mudpack
hunter

Postby cyoung24 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 am

mudpack wrote:Seems like most teal hunters have given up on them for this year. I've been out the first weekend and every weekday but one since it opened and the lack of hunter activity has been remarkable. I know there is no water, but come on guys!!!

I would have been out this past weekend but a 4 week old combined with allergies/cold kept me sidelined all weekend.
:sniper: :evilbanana:
cyoung24
hunter

Postby takem7 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 am

We only have a couple spot that are private and have really been taking it easy on them. only been out three times and shot three limits, all the public places that have water seem like they are occupied every day. So needless to say they are probably all burned up.
when in doubt empty the magazine
takem7
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 am

cyoung24 wrote:I would have been out this past weekend but a 4 week old combined with allergies/cold kept me sidelined all weekend.

I hear ya'. Worst year for allergies in a LONG time. Kickin' my behind, I tell ya'.
mudpack
hunter

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 am

Nice job takem, We did extremely well towards the beginning of teal season. The numbers slowly tapered off and we didn't to so hot the last weekend. It sounds like a lot of guys have been struggling this year. I hunt pretty much all over the state and the water is pretty scarce in parts. I haven't been out to the further east part of the state yet, but it sounds like they are pretty dry that way? I think this is going to be a year of lots of fuel consumption.lol. Might have to put some miles on the get the birds. We already have been traveling quite aways just for teal. Hopefully we get a good soaker over much of Kansas so when the big ducks get here they have a place to hang out. Good luck to everyone this season.
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm

For me, the teal numbers were low week 1 and 3. In week 2 there was a huge spike in numbers with a cold front hitting wed/thursday.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting