WI-KC new to your board

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

WI-KC new to your board

Postby C_man05 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Hello all, to say the transition from small town (Cadott) WI to Lenexa KS has been easy would be a lie...Its good to see fellow waterfowlers in the area. To say my scouting thus far was a bust would be an understatement but as the weather turns and birds start moving down determination(and gas) will overcome. I look forward to great hunts in KS as well as getting to share the experience and knowledge with the rest of you.

Good hunting
chad
C_man05
Newb

Re: WI-KC new to your board

Postby T Man » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:04 am

If this is fudgepacker laker fan again, I will punch a kitten with my foot

If not, welcome!
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby duckdozer » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:54 pm

:lol:

If you are not that guy welcome
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby river rats » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 pm

I dont know if packer could come up with a backstory that complex so hopefully this guy is real. welcome.
river rats
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:14 pm

river rats wrote:I dont know if packer could come up with a backstory that complex so hopefully this guy is real. welcome.

I would say he is more than capable of coming up with a good story.....

MojoKiller wrote:New here, duck hunting for the last 4 years. From baldwin city KS. Hope to get to know some of you guys. Site looks like it has some "interesting" memebers and conversations here! Screen name comes from my first duck hunt about 4 years ago...aimed for a mallard that was coming down in front of the mojo, Duck flared and mojo well...Died!

Like I posted in the honey hole, I have been lurking for awhile so I am aware of the individual you are talking about and I have read some of the later posts he made. But I can assure you I am not him I will post a picture late of the TWO teal I got all season. My parents don't hunt but they raised me a whole hell of a lot better than. hat guy acts. Only dog I have is a 5 month old lab I am training. I do not appreciate the comparison but understand why you guys are quick on the draw.

Eiko87 wrote:Hey everybody,

New to the state board and the forum as well, friend of mine told me about this so I figured I would give it a try. Just moved to Lenexa KS from texas, Was born here and my family moved and now I was transfered back for my job. I'm 23 and have only been duck hunting a few years. How is everybodys teal season going?

Excited for the weekend, gonna fill the truck up and start scouting. hopefully I can find some half way decent places holding water. Don't have anybody to hunt with here, So if i find any decent holes, anybody up for a hunt before teal season ends? Look forward to talking to ya'll

Texas plates are off the truck already. Lol but i did hear the JO on my licence plate will probably not work in my favor?

Not going to internet scout, never heard of it but assume its somebody asking for spots on here.

I got out and scouted today, Stopped at a gas station on my way there, which was fairly close to the lake I was scouting. Couple guys saw my DU sticker on my truck and came over and started talking about ducks and what I was out doing, I just said scouting and walked inside to get a drink, I came out got in my truck and continued on my way. once I got to the first marsh I wanted to scout i soon realized they were following me and putting points into their GPS. When I confronted them about it they just said they were out scouting too lol. I headed out and they did the same, I just started heading home, Once they figured out i was not going anyplace they wanted to go they turned around, I did the same and headed back out to scout. Saw a few small groups, but nothing like I was hoping for.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TomKat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:41 am

Welcome aboard cheesehead. You might do well to hire a guide service your first season? Just an idea. We are getting close to the start of the migration...
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby MojoKiller » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm

I will save him the headache, and say right now. It's not me
MojoKiller
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:10 pm

C_man05 wrote:Hello all, to say the transition from small town (Cadott) WI to Lenexa KS has been easy would be a lie..
chad

Welcome to Lenexa Chad . It`s a nice place to live . My son and I raced our Late model asphalt stock car in Wisconsin numerous times and we met a lot of great people there. Cheese-heads know how to party . One thing your gonna like about waterfowling here in Kansas is it never really locks up. We hold birds through the last days of the season. Good hunting ! :welcome:
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 am

MojoKiller wrote:I will save him the headache, and say right now. It's not me

Ahhhh! Hes talking to himself in third person now!!

Ha ha ha ha, welcome back Mojo
T Man
Super Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting