hunting around leavenworth

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

hunting around leavenworth

Postby triggertime » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm getting stationed their and hopeing to hunt some ducks. And info on the ms river and public land around thier. Can't wait to get thier. Gotta be ducks around their.
triggertime
hunter

Re: hunting around leavenworth

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:40 am

Thanks for your service, but I have spent way too much time finding my spots to hunt to give them up over a public internet forum :no: :no:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby triggertime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:26 am

I just want to no if u can hunt the ms and if thiers refuges on it. I don't need ur gps coordinates. I just want info on the river that's all.
triggertime
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 am

Well, in the first place you are not going to be on the MS (mississippi) river, you are going to be in the MO (Missouri river)

Also, be very careful as cyber scouts are generally hated on here. Good luck and remember that the MO has drowned many, many people.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby triggertime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:30 pm

I ment the mo river sorry. And their again I'm not wanting to know ur coordinate just wanting to know rules and if their refuges on the river and information like that. I use to hunt the mississippi so I know how it works their just wondering if its similar. Pm me if udont want to tell me were everyone can see it. Just looking for a bit of guidance.
triggertime
hunter

Postby sself » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 pm

triggertime wrote:I ment the mo river sorry. And their again I'm not wanting to know ur coordinate just wanting to know rules and if their refuges on the river and information like that. I use to hunt the mississippi so I know how it works their just wondering if its similar. Pm me if udont want to tell me were everyone can see it. Just looking for a bit of guidance.

www.kdwp.state.ks.us
sself
hunter

Postby radfordc » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 pm

When you get here join the Rod and Gun club on post and the local DU chapter and you will be told all.
radfordc
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:55 am

TomKat wrote: Good luck and remember that the MO has drowned many, many people.

If you are going to hunt the Missouri pay heed to what Tomcat is saying. It can be very treacherous . Many times you will be throwing out blocks in knee deep water and take that next step and you will be over your head, waving goodbye to your buddies as the river carries you away.
As far as remaining legal while hunting the river; There is an imaginary line that runs down the middle of the river so you will be required to have a license from the state on the particular side of the river you hunt . There are no reciprocal agreements between Missouri and Kansas on this issue . Double-dipping ; If you hold license in both states Mo./Ks. you are not allowed by Federal law to shoot a limit in Ks . then go to the other side of the river and continue hunting in Mo.. These provisions were explained to me in detail by a judge in Platte Co. Mo. at a cost of $80.00 I am passing them on for free. Good luck and good hunting and please stay safe out there.
P.S. Again thank you for your service to our country and I hope you enjoy your stay with us here in Kansas.

A morning hunt on the Missouri River.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:00 pm

I will also add that the current and under tow of the MO is much stronger than it looks. I have been on the bank fishing and seen huge trees pop up out of no where, released for no reason from the under tow. BE CAREFUL on that river.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby ksgoose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:41 am

I wouldn't limit myself to hunting only the MO. Kansas has lots of other public land that you can use.
ksgoose
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:03 pm

ksgoose

Let him figure that out on his own, dont be posting it on the internet.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby chingon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:34 am

Its already posted on the internet: http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/.

Public land is public information.
chingon
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:34 pm

chingon wrote:Its already posted on the internet: http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/.

Public land is public information.

:thumbsup:
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 am

ksgoose wrote:I wouldn't limit myself to hunting only the MO. Kansas has lots of other public land that you can use.

Chances are, you and I are never going to hunt together. I have been wrong on these matters before, you may be a great fella. But your #3 post got us off on the wrong foot.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby sself » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 am

TomKat wrote:
ksgoose wrote:I wouldn't limit myself to hunting only the MO. Kansas has lots of other public land that you can use.

Chances are, you and I are never going to hunt together. I have been wrong on these matters before, you may be a great fella. But your #3 post got us off on the wrong foot.

You're ate up. If you think that Kansas having public land, like every other state, is a big secret, you're incredibly naive.
sself
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 am

sself wrote:
TomKat wrote:

You're ate up. If you think that Kansas having public land, like every other state, is a big secret, you're incredibly naive.

And we know I am not naive. I would like to have then entire state to myself to hunt, with no other humans :) Ya gotta have dreams.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby sself » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 am

That's dreaming big!
sself
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 am

I know it. What I dont like about public hunting are sky busters, being elbow to elbow, and having people set up way to close to my spread. It can be good, but ya gotta pick your days...
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby sself » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 am

TomKat wrote:I know it. What I dont like about public hunting are sky busters, being elbow to elbow, and having people set up way to close to my spread. It can be good, but ya gotta pick your days...

I hunt all public and the majority of it is on weekends. IF i'm lucky i'll get one hunt on private land per season. I've never really had to deal with elbow to elbow, I just try to stay away from the popular places. I've had a few skybusters ruin groups of birds but thats nothing a few beers won't cure that night.
sself
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting