Crappie

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

Crappie

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Anyone around Cedar Bluff know what the Crappie fishing will be like this year. The last couple of years have been slow. I remember a about 6 years ago we use to pull 13 to 16 inch slabs all day long? That place was so much fun after it filled up. Just wondering if anyone has the skinny.

Looks like Keith S. and Kirwin might be the new Cedar Bluff if we get any rain in the next two years...

Also wish I could get to Kanapolis... catch whites all day long...
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:42 pm

Yeah, I have never made it out to Cedar Bluff before, but sounds like it has been a hot lake the last couple of years. I hope they get some rain out that way before it ends up like it was awhile back. Kanapolis I have heard has been doing real well. Also very low, as I guess they only have one boat ramp usable right now. I am usually fishing Milford or Cheney, haven't been out this year though. Went fly-fishing toay for some trout in a State stocked stream here in Wichita, caught and released over 20 trout. Very fun day I must say!
Captain16
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting