South east boys good luck

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

South east boys good luck

Postby Quacker smacker 30 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:24 am

Good luck boys looks like its gonna be a rough season unless we get some rain. Been scouting and not looking good for the opener gonna be hard to hide with the water being so far from cover. Im sure someone has em lined out good luck guys
Quacker smacker 30
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 pm


Re: South east boys good luck

Postby duckdozer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 am

The only ppl in the se zone that matter are neosho and mdc, the rest of us don't matter. That.is the way I feel about them throwing the zone on is with no vote from the hunters
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
User avatar
duckdozer
hunter
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:31 am
Location: crashing through the lies and disinformation

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby Quacker smacker 30 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

I kinda like the new zones because I hunt both so it just extends the season a week. But with the water sow low might be spending more time in the deer stand or pheasant hunting. I hunt out of a blind boat on main lakes normally but thats not gonna happen this year.
Quacker smacker 30
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Less than 10 miles from home and I can hunt both. Doesn't do us here any good to be in the SE zone because we are usually frozne around the 2nd week in Dec.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
User avatar
ks_waterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: T-Pain's Boat

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby cyoung24 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm

duckdozer wrote:The only ppl in the se zone that matter are neosho and mdc, the rest of us don't matter. That.is the way I feel about them throwing the zone on is with no vote from the hunters

I mostly hunt MDC and I don't like the new zone. All it does is shorten the season a week for me. MDC is frozen by December. Usually I would go south and field hunt mallards when it freezes but with the drought good fields are gonna be hard to find and the few there are will have cash being thrown at them by all the outfitters.
:sniper: :evilbanana:
User avatar
cyoung24
hunter
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 pm
Location: Gardner, KS

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby T Man » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:13 pm

duckdozer wrote:The only ppl in the se zone that matter are neosho and mdc, the rest of us don't matter. That.is the way I feel about them throwing the zone on is with no vote from the hunters



I hunt neosho primarily, and I hate the new zone....
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:19 pm

T Man wrote:
duckdozer wrote:The only ppl in the se zone that matter are neosho and mdc, the rest of us don't matter. That.is the way I feel about them throwing the zone on is with no vote from the hunters



I hunt neosho primarily, and I hate the new zone....

Neosho folks were pushing it big time. One vote away from having it pushed back till Nov 19th, and if the one commish would've been there we wouldn't open till Nov 19. Better get the word out.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
User avatar
ks_waterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: T-Pain's Boat

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby Pini88 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Hunt basically neosho and have mixed feelings about the new zone, the 19th i feel will be way to late, so hopefully this year is about perfect im all for them getting rid of the split though.
Pini88
hunter
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Kansas

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:46 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:
T Man wrote:
duckdozer wrote:The only ppl in the se zone that matter are neosho and mdc, the rest of us don't matter. That.is the way I feel about them throwing the zone on is with no vote from the hunters



I hunt neosho primarily, and I hate the new zone....

Neosho folks were pushing it big time. One vote away from having it pushed back till Nov 19th, and if the one commish would've been there we wouldn't open till Nov 19. Better get the word out.



We do have birds stick around after the season, but I would have almost rather seen our season start at the end of Oct like usual, have the split be a week longer, and then give us an extra week at the end of the season. That way we could hunt water that wasnt locked up for a week longer.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 am

I wish they would lower the bird limit to 4 or 5 and extend the season. October 1 - January 24 (NO BREAKS)
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:49 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:I wish they would lower the bird limit to 4 or 5 and extend the season. October 1 - January 24 (NO BREAKS)

Nobody would pump any marshes that early. You can't get moist soil vegetation matured that early in the Eastern part of teh state.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
User avatar
ks_waterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: T-Pain's Boat

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 pm

ks_waterfowler wrote:
EcatMagoo wrote:I wish they would lower the bird limit to 4 or 5 and extend the season. October 1 - January 24 (NO BREAKS)

Nobody would pump any marshes that early. You can't get moist soil vegetation matured that early in the Eastern part of teh state.



Not everyone needs pumped marshes to find ducks. There are normally plenty of ducks to hunt in October and that includes the eastern part of the state.
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:
ks_waterfowler wrote:
EcatMagoo wrote:I wish they would lower the bird limit to 4 or 5 and extend the season. October 1 - January 24 (NO BREAKS)

Nobody would pump any marshes that early. You can't get moist soil vegetation matured that early in the Eastern part of teh state.



Not everyone needs pumped marshes to find ducks. There are normally plenty of ducks to hunt in October and that includes the eastern part of the state.

I know your retard. Hope you die in a car wreck. I am done with the **** board. To many retards weekend warriors like Ecat kill 50 ducks a year and think they are hot crap and know a thing or two. **** DHC. I am out. **** ban me and ecat go to hell.
Last edited by ks_waterfowler on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
User avatar
ks_waterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: T-Pain's Boat

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 pm

lol..you hope I die in a car wreck because I want to be able to hunt in October....wow, that's a bit of an overreaction dont you think ?
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby ksgoose » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

sir there is no way that you could classify the amount of ducks in southeastern kansas during october as plenty of ducks. plus the dates you gave are not federally allowed.
ksgoose
hunter
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm

ksgoose wrote:sir there is no way that you could classify the amount of ducks in southeastern kansas during october as plenty of ducks. plus the dates you gave are not federally allowed.


Do you know the exact number of days a region is federally allowed to have open for duck hunting? Id give up January days to get October days. My only point was I wish we could hunt in October.
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby ksgoose » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 pm

the limit for the southeast zone is 74 days
ksgoose
hunter
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby sself » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

Damn dawg, you're not supposed to mix alcohol with your prozac...
sself
hunter
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 am
Location: Kansas

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby WF1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:48 pm

There are so many more ducks in January than there are in October its not even funny. I've had some of my best hunts ever in the 2nd split.
WF1
hunter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:01 am

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby EcatMagoo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm

WF1 wrote:There are so many more ducks in January than there are in October its not even funny. I've had some of my best hunts ever in the 2nd split.


point taken....I just WANT to hunt in October!!! I can't stand not being able to hunt during that month.
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby WF1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:47 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:
WF1 wrote:There are so many more ducks in January than there are in October its not even funny. I've had some of my best hunts ever in the 2nd split.


point taken....I just WANT to hunt in October!!! I can't stand not being able to hunt during that month.


Ya the itch gets real bad during October for sure. Glad there is the early zone!
WF1
hunter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:01 am

Re: South east boys good luck

Postby deadduck479 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 pm

ah Ecat someday u will learn to duck hunt and understand how it works until then keep hoping for a early October season :lol:
deadduck479
hunter
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:36 pm


Return to Kansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests