Boat ramp etiquite rant/vent

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Postby T Man » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 am

Went hunting today and when we came back to the boat ramp, there was already a boat there. Not a problem, they beat us there, so I didnt mind waiting a few minutes....10 minutes later, they are still trailer in the water unloading gear out of the boat into the back of the truck, while the boat is halfway up on the trailer. I sat for 15 minutes for these guys to finally get their boat on the trailer and pull off the ramp. Took me all of 2 minutes to get my boat on the trailer, and out of the water. Bottom line? If someone is waiting on you at the boat ramp, its not time for amateur hour. Have everyone in your group expediting the process of getting the boat trailered and unload your gear when you are out of the water. :thumbsup:
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Re: Boat ramp etiquite rant/vent

Postby mudpack » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:01 pm

There are self-centered folks everywhere....why is it they have to concentrate on the duck marshes? :rolleyes:

What they did was plain rude. I would have asked them, after about 5 minutes, can I HELP YOU MOVE YOUR GEAR SO YOU CAN CLEAR THE RAMP???!!! In a nice way, of course....... :yes:
mudpack
hunter

Postby Gooseman77 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 pm

cool story man :huh:
Gooseman77
Newb

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:51 am

T man, if i wouldnt of been there to witness this i might believe it, but being my truck and my boat was the one on the ramp, i saw the whole thing, and i will give u that it prob take a solid 10 min to get my 17 ft boat on the trailer straight bc how un even and shallow the ramp is, and the guy inside the boat was strapping down my go devil and brough expensive gun out of boat qs he came out to avoid bouncing them around while we came up the ramp, and i apoligize that [quote][/quote]this one particular time it happened to take a few extra minutes, im sorry that my delayed boat loading ruined your hunt, as for how fast u loaded ur boat congats u did well vey nicely done but keep in mind the size difference its a lil harder to man handle a boat like mine, and on the last note if i see a guy havin a hard time i try to help not complain then run to the internet and talk smack, if u really thot i needed to be told how to be proper at the ramp, blake and i talked for a lil bit u could of confronted me then im pretty easy to get along with as long as a guy is personablen
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:46 am

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:T man, if i wouldnt of been there to witness this i might believe it, but being my truck and my boat was the one on the ramp, i saw the whole thing, and i will give u that it prob take a solid 10 min to get my 17 ft boat on the trailer straight bc how un even and shallow the ramp is, and the guy inside the boat was strapping down my go devil and brough expensive gun out of boat qs he came out to avoid bouncing them around while we came up the ramp, and i apoligize that this one particular time it happened to take a few extra minutes, im sorry that my delayed boat loading ruined your hunt, as for how fast u loaded ur boat congats u did well vey nicely done but keep in mind the size difference its a lil harder to man handle a boat like mine, and on the last note if i see a guy havin a hard time i try to help not complain then run to the internet and talk smack, if u really thot i needed to be told how to be proper at the ramp, blake and i talked for a lil bit u could of confronted me then im pretty easy to get along with as long as a guy is personablen

Who brings a expensive gun duck hunting and doesn't want it to get beat up?
Your statement is really hard to read please use spell check next time thanks. Just a few things that made it hard to read, I would imagine that is why it took you so long to load out.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:01 am

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:T man, if i wouldnt of been there to witness this i might believe it, but being my truck and my boat was the one on the ramp, i saw the whole thing, and i will give u that it prob take a solid 10 min to get my 17 ft boat on the trailer straight bc how un even and shallow the ramp is, and the guy inside the boat was strapping down my go devil and brough expensive gun out of boat qs he came out to avoid bouncing them around while we came up the ramp, and i apoligize that
this one particular time it happened to take a few extra minutes, im sorry that my delayed boat loading ruined your hunt, as for how fast u loaded ur boat congats u did well vey nicely done but keep in mind the size difference its a lil harder to man handle a boat like mine, and on the last note if i see a guy havin a hard time i try to help not complain then run to the internet and talk smack, if u really thot i needed to be told how to be proper at the ramp, blake and i talked for a lil bit u could of confronted me then im pretty easy to get along with as long as a guy is personablen

I asked 2 or 3 times If I you guys needed help, tried shining my lights to help and got ignored by your buddies. If the ride to and from the blind and your hunt didnt kill your gun, It will probably be alright coming out of the water. I wasnt "smack talking" as I offered no names, or even locations of the event, I didnt even know it was you, hell I dont even know who you are. Ive put big boats on trailers on that ramp before, and while it is not easy, it is doable.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby hunter-morris » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 am

yea but what really gets me going . Guys will sit on the ramp and untie and prep the boat for launch. I have seen guys hold up other hunters who are ready to launch but cant because they are in the way. When I arrive everything is in the boat except the guns. I can launch in less than five minutes and off and going. :biggrin:
hunter-morris
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:02 pm

hunter-morris wrote:yea but what really gets me going . Guys will sit on the ramp and untie and prep the boat for launch. I have seen guys hold up other hunters who are ready to launch but cant because they are in the way. When I arrive everything is in the boat except the guns. I can launch in less than five minutes and off and going. :biggrin:

I hear ya'.
Most people can launch or retrieve even an 18footer by themselves in 5 minutes. With two or three guys it takes half that long.
The OP says they unloaded (implying all?) their gear before pulling out, the guy with the boat says one gun. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Either way, if someone else is waiting, yank the boat on the trailer, yank the trailer into the lot, get out of the way, and THEN unload the boat.
I don't have everything in the boat when I arrive at the launch ramp, but I do have everything in the boat when I back 'er down into the water. Takes 60-90 seconds, and I'm pulling into a parking spot.

If it took 10 minutes to get the boat aligned on the trailer, then guidons need to be installed on the trailer. Hopefully, by the time Nelli goes out again, he/she will be better prepared to deal with the foreseeable issues. To his/her credit, he/she DID apologize, and I don't think it was sarcasm.

As for "confronting" in the lot afterwards, sounds like it was the perfect time to NOT do that. Only hard feelings could have resulted. Better to just let it slide and vent, harmlessly, afterwards. Lesson here: do unto others....
mudpack
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Okay my spelling sucks bc i have a touch screen phone and sausage fingers, sorry but its just the way it is, and i am startin to believr this site is for new guys that think they kill ducks, i know for a fact tman is a newbie, but he can definatly chat on forums with the best of em! As far as launching boat i can do that no prob and most times loading it is just as quick and easy, and anyone
That claims they never had a boat give them a hard time loading is full of crap or hasnt loaded many boats, i personally have :: boat :no: hunted for 8 plus years and most time it goes smooth loading but there is always that one time, and to the guy that mentioned :no: beatin up expensive guns, get off the tit fella, i payed the 1500 for my benelli and i take good care of it.
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Okay my spelling sucks bc i have a touch screen phone and sausage fingers, sorry but its just the way it is, and i am startin to believr this site is for new guys that think they kill ducks, i know for a fact tman is a newbie, but he can definatly chat on forums with the best of em! As far as launching boat i can do that no prob and most times loading it is just as quick and easy, and anyone
That claims they never had a boat give them a hard time loading is full of crap or hasnt loaded many boats, i personally have :: boat :no: hunted for 8 plus years and most time it goes smooth loading but there is always that one time, and to the guy that mentioned :no: beatin up expensive guns, get off the tit fella, i payed the 1500 for my benelli and i take good care of it.
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Tman, one other thing u claim to loading all these boats but until u get a real duckboat and part ways with ur motorized sled dont tell me how to load my boat.
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 am

Who cares how long you have been hunting and how much you paid for your overpriced stoeger, it is still in production not like it was a Stevens SXS or Ithica Mag10, no way you catch me putting those in a duck boat anyways. This isnt a site for ppl that think that they kill ducks, because I know for a fact that most of the ppl on here kill ducks all the time. Also most of them dont worry about thier "Nelli" to take it out the boat on the ramp, it is just a gun.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby sself » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 am

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:Okay my spelling sucks bc i have a touch screen phone and sausage fingers, sorry but its just the way it is, and i am startin to believr this site is for new guys that think they kill ducks, i know for a fact tman is a newbie, but he can definatly chat on forums with the best of em! As far as launching boat i can do that no prob and most times loading it is just as quick and easy, and anyone

8 years ain't saying much. You're practically a newbie too.
sself
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 am

sself wrote:You're practically a newbie too.

:lol3: ...I was thinking the exact same thing. :thumbsup:

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:until u get a real duckboat and part ways with ur motorized sled dont tell me how to load my boat.

So, if someone has a bigger boat and an "expensive" gun (it ain't) , he is above reproach from those lesser mortals he encounters on the marsh.
Perhaps he should change his name from SimplyPerfect to Sovereign Master of the Marshes?
mudpack
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:06 pm

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:Okay my spelling sucks bc i have a touch screen phone and sausage fingers, sorry but its just the way it is, and i am startin to believr this site is for new guys that think they kill ducks, i know for a fact tman is a newbie, but he can definatly chat on forums with the best of em! As far as launching boat i can do that no prob and most times loading it is just as quick and easy, and anyone

You dont know anything for a fact because you dont know me. I havent made one personal accusation on here, you are the one who got bent out of shape and butt hurt because I said something. Granted my 5 years of duck hunting experience doesnt make me a master of the marsh as you apparently are, but I know a thing or two. This whole thing has nothing to do with the hunt though, so your not quite so clever attempt at diverting it that way is apples to oranges. I could load my 17' bass boat by myself (thats a fiberglass boat with a 110 johnson and MUCH wider AND heavier than your 16' boat) in less than 5 minutes. Ive done it on the trolling motor alone in less than 10 before. All I was saying from the beginning was that if you are going to hog the ramp, everyone needs to be working toward the goal of getting the boat on the trailer. I saw 0 of the 3 of you at the stern of the boat trying to work it onto the bunks. The ramp is shallow enough that no one would have been over their waist in water to get it on there.

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:Tman, one other thing u claim to loading all these boats but until u get a real duckboat and part ways with ur motorized sled dont tell me how to load my boat.

Is this a way of comparing dicks? My boat is 2' shorter than yours. Big damn deal, which one of us came up to the boat ramp with birds that day? I shot five, if I remember right, you guys shot none. I have a boat I am able to load on my trailer in a short amount of time, and it does exactly what I want it to do for what I use it for...the size of the boat means nothing partner, other than the fact that you paid more for yours than I did for mine, which is the argument of the little man.

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote: i payed the 1500 for my benelli and i take good care of it.

I paid 1300 for mine. This is why I take my case with me, and when im done hunting, I put it in the case, so that way it can get banged around the boat and not damaged.

Im ok with letting this all go. Were gonna see each other out at neosho, and Id rather it not go poorly. Our mutual friend seems to think youre halfway decent, so I am inclined to think you are that way as well, but next time, if you need help, ask, and motivate and help your guys to get the boat on the trailer, instead of standing in the bed of your truck.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Wow, u killed 5 that night, way to go, im not gonns tell u how many we killed this season for one u will call bullshit, two other pplvon site will try to say they killed more and crap will get crazy bout who kills more ducks, and my gun is in a case, and ur makin fun of my name bc u think its gun, little do u know its actually the name of my hrch,sr dog. Good work fella!
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 pm

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:Wow, u killed 5 that night, way to go, im not gonns tell u how many we killed this season for one u will call bullshit, two other pplvon site will try to say they killed more and crap will get crazy bout who kills more ducks, and my gun is in a case, and ur makin fun of my name bc u think its gun, little do u know its actually the name of my hrch,sr dog. Good work fella!

Ive killed more than 5 this year.....And did it without double dipping. Just chill out and let it go man. Had you not said anything in the first place no one would have known it was you...had I known it was you I wouldn't have said anything, but you keep digging this hole deeper
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 pm

I have no shame in it, i dont care if ppl know i had a hard time loadin my boat one time, u just think it was very cowardly of u to come post stuff on here, but then again thats todays way of doing things i guess my old school and military background tells me to face problems face to face not go run and tell the world how bad other ppl are, thats the prob with the intenet is evryone is ten ft tall and bullet proof. Neway this is over as far as im concerned, all i ask is if u have a problem with wat i do ask me dont talk crap on here. Im not gonna try to fight someone just bc they have different perspective or way of doing things.
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:41 pm

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:I have no shame in it, i dont care if ppl know i had a hard time loadin my boat one time, u just think it was very cowardly of u to come post stuff on here, but then again thats todays way of doing things i guess my old school and military background tells me to face problems face to face not go run and tell the world how bad other ppl are, thats the prob with the intenet is evryone is ten ft tall and bullet proof. Neway this is over as far as im concerned, all i ask is if u have a problem with wat i do ask me dont talk crap on here. Im not gonna try to fight someone just bc they have different perspective or way of doing things.

I never once said or directed anything towards you bud. Had you not said anything, no one, not even myself would have known you were the guy I was talking about. If you want to talk it out like big kids, send me a PM, ill shoot you my number and we can settle this, otherwise im out
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby FowlPwrcat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Nelli

First off pump the breaks.
Second, its hard to read your slang
Lastly, all that Tman was trying to say is get the hunting buddies to help or dont be too proud to ask for help. Everyone makes mistakes but pride should not get the best of someone. Ease up brosef, if not, i would probably pay to watch your pissing contest go on at the boat ramp.

oh and :welcome:
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
FowlPwrcat
hunter

Postby Goosegetter50 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 pm

last saturday 30mph cross wind at the ramp loaded my 18ft. blind boat strapped it down loaded the truck and on the road in 5 min
Goosegetter50
hunter

Postby DanJeffandJack » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Sounds like tman had a perfectly logical complaint.
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby DanJeffandJack » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Goosegetter50 wrote:last saturday 30mph cross wind at the ramp loaded my 18ft. blind boat strapped it down loaded the truck and on the road in 5 min

:hi:
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321588640.148378.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321588640.148378.jpg (19.9 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby Bgold » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

I has expensive gun and real duck boat and I'm not a douche bag. Give me a gold star please
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"

Retrieves by Gunner: 23
Bgold
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm

I love my $150 mossberg. I can beat the hell out of it and not have any guilt in the process! :yes:
EcatMagoo
hunter

Next

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting