Boat ramp etiquite rant/vent

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Postby Bgold » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

I beat up my sbe2. It's a duck gun so that's what I use it fir
Foamy Log Blind@ ProStaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a Log"

Retrieves by Gunner: 23
Bgold
hunter

Re: Boat ramp etiquite rant/vent

Postby hovey » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:24 am

Yep :lol: . Ive used mine as a paddle, a hammer, etc. its amazing the uses you can get out of a gun. And mine still shoots like new.
hovey
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am

EcatMagoo wrote:I love my $150 mossberg. I can beat the hell out of it and not have any guilt in the process! :yes:

I love my $1600 Xtrema2. I feel no guilt about subjecting it to the rigors of waterfowling....that's why I bought it.
Last edited by mudpack on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mudpack
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:02 pm

mudpack wrote:I love my $1600 Xtrema2. I feel no guilt about subjecting it to the rigors of waterfowling....that's why I bought it.

Sounds like my sbe II! I mean my over priced stoeger. :umm: You ready for next week dozer?
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby duckdozer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:27 pm

fowlhunter wrote:
mudpack wrote:I love my $1600 Xtrema2. I feel no guilt about subjecting it to the rigors of waterfowling....that's why I bought it.

Sounds like my sbe II! I mean my over priced stoeger. :umm: You ready for next week dozer?

I thought you would like that, hell yea I am ready!!
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby Bgold » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:50 am

still waiting on that gold star!

Bgold
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:23 am

I wish I had gotten to this party earlier.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:46 am

mudpack wrote:
EcatMagoo wrote:I love my $150 mossberg. I can beat the hell out of it and not have any guilt in the process! :yes:

I love my $1600 Xtrema2. I feel no guilt about subjecting it to the rigors of waterfowling....that's why I bought it.

I love my $1300 Benelli M2. I have had it in the mud so bad I couldnt see the camo on it. Thursday I dropped it in the water. Of the 4 guns that were there, it was the only one that didn't freeze up (2 of those were pumps) I have no guilt about using it as the tool that it is.

Its all a state of mind. When my fancy camo gets worn smooth, I am going to get out the krylon and touch it up.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Bgold » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:48 am

TomKat wrote:
mudpack wrote:

I love my $1300 Benelli M2. I have had it in the mud so bad I couldnt see the camo on it. Thursday I dropped it in the water. Of the 4 guns that were there, it was the only one that didn't freeze up (2 of those were pumps) I have no guilt about using it as the tool that it is.

Its all a state of mind. When my fancy camo gets worn smooth, I am going to get out the krylon and touch it up.

The thing I find most funny is that a Benelli treated like that often times will out last a "work horse" pump that has been babied. By far!

Bgold
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Bgold wrote:.

The thing I find most funny is that a Benelli treated like that often times will out last a "work horse" pump that has been babied. By far![/quote]

What about a benelli pump? :tongue:
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby Bgold » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Jones co Ducker wrote:
Bgold wrote:.

The thing I find most funny is that a Benelli treated like that often times will out last a "work horse" pump that has been babied. By far!

What about a benelli pump? :tongue:[/quote]

lol... I dont know all that much about the Benelli pumps. I was mainly talking about the Benelli semi's.

Bgold
hunter

Postby Indawoods » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 pm

simplyperfectbenelli wouldn't last 2 trips to the launch in south Louisiana without having his rudeness pointed out to him and returned ten fold. Topwaters at the launch learn in a viciously Darwinian manner how to quickly load and get the fridge out of the way, or they suffer for their learning disability.

There is no excuse for three guys to take ten minutes getting a boat on the trailer. Ever.

Lazy inconsideration grates my very last nerve.
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby talltimber » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:31 am

Indawoods wrote:simplyperfectbenelli wouldn't last 2 trips to the launch in south Louisiana without having his rudeness pointed out to him and returned ten fold. Topwaters at the launch learn in a viciously Darwinian manner how to quickly load and get the fridge out of the way, or they suffer for their learning disability.

There is no excuse for three guys to take ten minutes getting a boat on the trailer. Ever.

Lazy inconsideration grates my very last nerve.

Absolutely X2 Makes my ass itch worse than the 'roids
talltimber
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:50 am

an argument between topwaters....always entertaining
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Interesting that we have so many OOS'ers on the Kansas forum. I don't mind, it's just interesting.

How many of you Kansas residents lurk on other state's forums??

I don't.

Perhaps we Jayhawks are just more interesting..........?
mudpack
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:53 pm

mudpack wrote:Interesting that we have so many OOS'ers on the Kansas forum. I don't mind, it's just interesting.

I don't.

It's like watching two cats fight each other from either side of a glass door.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby fowlhunter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:06 am

Botiz630 wrote:
mudpack wrote:Interesting that we have so many OOS'ers on the Kansas forum. I don't mind, it's just interesting.

I don't.

It's like watching two cats fight each other from either side of a glass door.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The sad part it is that it's true
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:12 am

Thats it???? so this is how its gonna end???? No winner, DRAW..
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby champer196 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:21 am

This cracks me up. You only had to wait 10 or 15 minutes to load your boat? Try going to a busy ramp in the summer time and wait on the part time boaters to load their boats. You would go into cardiac arrest because you would be so upset! On the other hand though, the ramp is no place to put gear away and tie down boats. Get it on the trailer and get out. Tie it down and put away gear away from the ramp. Common courtesy.
champer196
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:46 am

Huntfish12 wrote:Thats it???? so this is how its gonna end???? No winner, DRAW..

No Tman is def right and justified in what he said :hammer: Tman wins
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby T Man » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Jones co Ducker wrote:
Huntfish12 wrote:Thats it???? so this is how its gonna end???? No winner, DRAW..

No Tman is def right and justified in what he said :hammer: Tman wins

Nobody won. A buddy of mine has been hunting with nelli and says hes a pretty good guy. Now were butt hurt toward each other over something that could have been resolved easily.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TBS » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 am

Seems like every time I read this forum, I'm reminded why I quit posting here. You young guys will someday understand why many of the more experienced waterfowlers roll our eyes at most of the pissin' arguements you guys have on this board.

Just ask Mudpack, most ethical and curteous hunters will go out of their way to get on and off the boat ramp as fast as possible, especially if someone else is waiting. The beefstick measuring contests about who kills more ducks and this and that only serves to label you as young, nieve, and arrogant.

I can second the comments by the guys from LA. When I lived in TN, one boat ramp would offload 30-40 boats in about an hour and a half......no BS, watched it happen time and time again. But, when some topwater showed up and didn't know the peckin' order, he got an earfull, and was helped off the ramp and put in the back of the line. Lesson here, is get your crap ready BEFORE backing onto the ramp.

The future of duck hunting in KS is bleak due to the limited waters and excessive hunter numbers, but at the very least we should learn to be curteous and thoughtful of others. If you have the "me against the world" attitude, and you think you are the best duck killer in the world, get yourself some perspective, you have no friggin' clue! Everybody had to learn somehow, but in my day we ate some humble pie once in a while. You guys should learn some humility, it would go a long way to give others a better opinion of you.

Good day,
TBS
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:47 pm

TBS wrote:Seems like every time I read this forum, I'm reminded why I quit posting here. You young guys will someday understand why many of the more experienced waterfowlers roll our eyes at most of the pissin' arguements you guys have on this board.

Just ask Mudpack, most ethical and curteous hunters will go out of their way to get on and off the boat ramp as fast as possible, especially if someone else is waiting. The beefstick measuring contests about who kills more ducks and this and that only serves to label you as young, nieve, and arrogant.

I can second the comments by the guys from LA. When I lived in TN, one boat ramp would offload 30-40 boats in about an hour and a half......no BS, watched it happen time and time again. But, when some topwater showed up and didn't know the peckin' order, he got an earfull, and was helped off the ramp and put in the back of the line. Lesson here, is get your crap ready BEFORE backing onto the ramp.

The future of duck hunting in KS is bleak due to the limited waters and excessive hunter numbers, but at the very least we should learn to be curteous and thoughtful of others. If you have the "me against the world" attitude, and you think you are the best duck killer in the world, get yourself some perspective, you have no friggin' clue! Everybody had to learn somehow, but in my day we ate some humble pie once in a while. You guys should learn some humility, it would go a long way to give others a better opinion of you.

Good day,
TBS

Why did you even post anything else then, if this was solved two days ago. And you played the wise high and mighty card. whos arrogant now?

Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby TBS » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Jones co Ducker wrote:
TBS wrote:Seems like every time I read this forum, I'm reminded why I quit posting here. You young guys will someday understand why many of the more experienced waterfowlers roll our eyes at most of the pissin' arguements you guys have on this board.

Good day,
TBS

Why did you even post anything else then, if this was solved two days ago. And you played the wise high and mighty card. whos arrogant now?

No high and mighty card here. Just common sense and decency. Unlike many of you, I don't read this board daily, so forgive me for commenting on a thread you had forgotten about. :bow:
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:27 pm

TBS wrote:
Jones co Ducker wrote:

Good day,
TBS

No high and mighty card here. Just common sense and decency. Unlike many of you, I don't read this board daily, so forgive me for commenting on a thread you had forgotten about. :bow:

If you had common sense you would have been more thorough in your reading before commenting :umm: Im just bustin your balls man :beer:

Jones co Ducker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting