UK v. KU Game Thread

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

UK v. KU Game Thread

Postby DeathCommander » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 am

How you all look this year? Obviously Taylor is strong in the post, what about the others?
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Re: UK v. KU Game Thread

Postby quackattack1991 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 am

DeathCommander wrote:How you all look this year? Obviously Taylor is strong in the post, what about the others?

Obviously you know nothing about KU's team. Tyshawn Taylor is a point guard who will have no post prescence. Robinson, a pre-season all-american on the other hand, is a strong post prescence. I go to KU, and while I am an LSU fan, I watched the game vs Towson and was impressed with KU's offense. The big issue heading into the game was wether they could limit the turnovers and get enough points from enough people, they did both. That said, I could care less about the KU-Kentucky game. Lawrence is loaded with a bunch of liberal hippies who probably don't know duck hunting exists. Most people on here I would assume are KSU fans.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 am

quackattack1991 wrote:
DeathCommander wrote:How you all look this year? Obviously Taylor is strong in the post, what about the others?

Obviously you know nothing about KU's team. Tyshawn Taylor is a point guard who will have no post prescence. Robinson, a pre-season all-american on the other hand, is a strong post prescence. I go to KU, and while I am an LSU fan, I watched the game vs Towson and was impressed with KU's offense. The big issue heading into the game was wether they could limit the turnovers and get enough points from enough people, they did both. That said, I could care less about the KU-Kentucky game. Lawrence is loaded with a bunch of liberal hippies who probably don't know duck hunting exists. Most people on here I would assume are KSU fans.

I was thinking of Robinson, just got the names mixed up thanks for correcting me. Its so hard to see the substance of a team when playing this early in the year against far lesser opponents. Tuesday should be interesting. I see a lot of turnovers, silly passes, and jitters in the first half of this game. Two top 5 programs in MSG in prime time will be a blast. Im taking UK by 8
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:51 am

quackattack1991 wrote:

WRONG

ROCK CHALK!!
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am

Whos test scores did Coach Cal pay to have fixed this yr?
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

quackattack1991 wrote:

you are pretty sharp-

I live in the SHADOW of Lawrence, in the Kaw river bluffs...everyone up my way has a KSU flag up and flying, and ditto the city of Topeka.

REAL KU fans would support that God awful football team better than they do...
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby DanJeffandJack » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:39 pm

duckdozer wrote:Whos test scores did Coach Cal pay to have fixed this yr?

HAHAHAHA
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:57 pm

TomKat wrote:
quackattack1991 wrote:

you are pretty sharp-

I live in the SHADOW of Lawrence, in the Kaw river bluffs...everyone up my way has a KSU flag up and flying, and ditto the city of Topeka.

REAL KU fans would support that God awful football team better than they do...

You are right unless we dont like the coach and want him gone, I havent liked the hire since day one, his claim of fame was taking a mac team to 7-5 and a bowl game one yr. Whoopt'd-do I could do that, how the hell are you going to recuit kids these days with no girls and no phones during season??????? BYE BYE you nebraska idiot.
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
duckdozer
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 pm

[/quote]You are right unless we dont like the coach and want him gone, I havent liked the hire since day one, his claim of fame was taking a mac team to 7-5 and a bowl game one yr. Whoopt'd-do I could do that, how the hell are you going to recuit kids these days with no girls and no phones during season??????? BYE BYE you nebraska idiot.[/quote]

More importantly how are you going to recruit when you go 5-18 over a two year span. As much as KU wanted to try and become a football school after '07, it will never happen. KU doesn't have the cash, support, or interest to be a football school. Basketball will always be in the limelight and take the money from the big donors. Their success in '07 was merely a product of their schedule and mark my words will never happen again. If I was a recruit who had interest from KU and KSU yet had no ties to either school I don't know why you wouldn't go to KSU. At least they have pride, tradition, and a history of sustaining success. KU will never be more then a middle tier team if they are lucky. Kind of like Iowa State.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby jimmyash » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:33 pm

quackattack1991 wrote: If I was a recruit who had interest from KU and KSU yet had no ties to either school I don't know why you wouldn't go to KSU. At least they have pride, tradition, and a history of sustaining success. KU will never be more then a middle tier team if they are lucky. Kind of like Iowa State.

K state doesnt exactly have a great track record for success. We have 100 more wins all time, and K state only had 4 winning seasons from 1935-1988. The bill snyder era is really the only thing that has brought success to KSU football. 12 of their 14 bowl appearances have been under snyder. But yes, a recruit would be a fool to choose to play for gill instead of snyder. Snyder is a hell of a coach.
jimmyash
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:54 am

duckdozer wrote:Whos test scores did Coach Cal pay to have fixed this yr?

That would be a great argument if Cal had ever actually been found guilty of any charge against him personally cheating....

Its hard to deal with Cal taking all the best recruits every year Im sure Bill Self is probably getting a little butt hurt..
We will see how it shakes out tonight, Anthony Davis is going to make Robinson look like a 6-0 ft. statue. Watch how far above the rim he gets.
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

UK v. KU Game Thread

Postby jimmyash » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 am

It's also probably hard to recruit the best players year in and year out and never win a championship. Don't underestimate Robinson, he plays a lot bigger than 6'9.
jimmyash
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Let's not jump to conclusions he has only been here 2 seasons... Taking us to a improbable final four with an average team. running through the number one seedes Ohio st. Should tell you everything you need to know about his on the floor coaching.
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Ohio st was and always will be a joke of a #1 seed they play in a crap confrence, their highest competition is a team that thinks scoring 50 pts is getting you into a shootout, wisconsin. Of course they are going to look tough, Nebraska will look tough in the big 10 in basketball. Coach Cal is a known cheater and has been caught many times before. Rock chalk!
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
duckdozer
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:09 pm

What ever makes you feel better, neither you or the ncaa can provide evidence. We will see tonight..
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Man do a little research he's been in trouble everywhere he's went, maybe not him but something went wrong with the programs he and ran everywhere
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
duckdozer
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:15 pm

jimmyash wrote:
quackattack1991 wrote: If I was a recruit who had interest from KU and KSU yet had no ties to either school I don't know why you wouldn't go to KSU. At least they have pride, tradition, and a history of sustaining success. KU will never be more then a middle tier team if they are lucky. Kind of like Iowa State.

K state doesnt exactly have a great track record for success. We have 100 more wins all time, and K state only had 4 winning seasons from 1935-1988. The bill snyder era is really the only thing that has brought success to KSU football. 12 of their 14 bowl appearances have been under snyder. But yes, a recruit would be a fool to choose to play for gill instead of snyder. Snyder is a hell of a coach.
If your an 18-20 year old kid coming in out of high school or JUCO, the only era you have lived in or know about is the Snyder era. Taking that into effect it makes KSU looks way more appealing then KU.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

I've been watching the unfold and I am a major UK fan...by blood is blue BUT I have to agree, it is going to be hard to take a team all the way and win a championship with a bunch of one and done's...granted each year has gotten better BUT still got a lot to work on....as for the Coach Cal and testing scores BLAH BLAH....He's innocent until proven guilty.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:06 pm

duckdozer wrote:Man do a little research he's been in trouble everywhere he's went, maybe not him but something went wrong with the programs he and ran everywhere

Once again, no charge has ever been placed on him. Until then, no harm no foul...We live and breath Kentucky basketball here, if something went on, the press would be all over it. He’s clean. Winning a Championship requires a mix of leadership and talent. We have both. Im not calling it right now but if I had to put my life savings on one team it would be Kentucky.
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:34 am

The only thing that I would put my money on is that Kentucy has a player with the biggest unibrow EVER in NCAA history!!!

anthony-davis-unibrow-530x338.jpg
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
duckdozer
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:18 am

Robinson wasn't seeing much of it, he was busy gettin crammed on
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 am

DeathCommander wrote:.We live and breath Kentucky basketball here, if something went on, the press would be all over it. He’s clean.

You mean the same way that Penn State fans heard about the child molestation charges immediately? Coverups happen to save face and keep the money rolling in, plain and simple.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby DeathCommander » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:51 am

T Man wrote:
DeathCommander wrote:.We live and breath Kentucky basketball here, if something went on, the press would be all over it. He’s clean.

You mean the same way that Penn State fans heard about the child molestation charges immediately? Coverups happen to save face and keep the money rolling in, plain and simple.

Not when you have someone like Cal that has had outside investigations done on programs he has been involved in. Our AD knew about all of this when he hired Cal, and the fact that he is still here means everyone is walking the line. There are plenty of media outlets here that would be on him like white on rice if he even got close to the “grey area”. Penn St. is much different because they were the pinnacle of integrity. No one ever even questioned the program. Much different with Cal. He has a spotlight on him 24/7, not only from the local media but nationally as well. The fact that he continues to recruit and win on a high level by walking that line is a testament to his greatness and understanding of the modern game. Kids love playing for him, and he is probably the greatest motivator in the game today. Dicky V agrees. It was evident in the Second half last night. We were night and day better.
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:59 am

heres one for yah
Attachments
self-brow.jpg
He said, “Guard the one with the brow"
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:00 pm

DeathCommander wrote:Robinson wasn't seeing much of it, he was busy gettin crammed on
Hard to see much of anything when your getting double and triple teamed. He still put up 12 points and had 11 rebounds and if he could have finished a few times may have had 6-8 more. So now you just sound dumb, and I don't even like KU.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Next

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting