i think there down

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

i think there down

Postby yellowlab » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:30 pm

on saterday shot 11 with my dad and saw about 100 greenheads so i think it is about time...
did anybody else see pretty good numbers this weekend... how did you guys all do...
still don't think the lot of the geese are down yet just scattered numbers
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Confirmed

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:25 pm

Yeah, Yellow - I was stuck in Oklahoma for the weekend, but got out Friday before I left, and up this way, South of KC area, there were LOTS of high fliying migrating bunches. Too nice a day for us to get any of them down, but there were big high bunches on the move. We watched them all morning, nothing working, but many on the move.
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:51 pm

They must not be stopping here. Saw lots of mallards, but they are so freaking decoy shy from getting shot at that they don't even look at us. Those greenheads you saw Yellow lab probably came from the refuge cause the hunting pressure is extreme. Have seen a few new birds but nothing to get excited about yet. This week however could get interesting.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:38 pm

if it gets cold i think this weekend could be a blast ... was a lil warm today but if any cold weather comes about the weekend could lead to death on duckys just hope i can shoot something more than a bunch of hen gadwall... nothing agains them would just rather shot greenheads (only got one on last hunt)
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm

Jumped a pond and me and the little brother shot 5 with 4 shots. If they would've stayed 30 seconds longer we both would've limited out off of the jump.
Jumped another pond a couple days ago and killed 14 with 9 shots. Would've limited if we would've brought extra shells up the dam. Drake bluebills surfacing then looking around like what happened. Also found a pond with mallards and widgeon on it. Flushed them off and they never came back.

Birds are way too decoy and call shy right now.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:50 pm

we definately need some good cold weather to bring em down. IF it does, I'll have a decision to make, duck and goose or pheasant and quail. Probably pheasant and quail. Anyone else ready for p and q to open?
duckplucker
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:54 pm

Yes, DP, but mostly because there are SO MANY nice puddles to jump ducks and geese where I hunt them! :salude:
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting