The first ever KSMO Fishing Tournament

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

The first ever KSMO Fishing Tournament

Postby kcduckslayer » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 am

KSMO Fishing Tournament

When: Saturday June 10, 2006
Time: At safe light
Where: Hillsdale Lake, Hillsdale, KS
Registration: Please email ctharp@crtconsulting.com for the entry form
Questions: Please email ctharp@crtconsulting.com
Entry Fee: $35 for Boaters and $25 for non boaters

Fish

We will be fishing for Bass. You can use any artificial lure, which means no live bait.

Bag Limit
(5) Bass over 18 inches.

Boats:
You can use anything that meets the requirements of the State of Kansas. This means proper registration and insurance if required.

Prizes*
*Based on 5 Boaters and 5 non boaters
Prizes will be announced once the event is closer and we know how many people are going to show.
We are hoping to have a mixed grab bag that is at least equal to your entry fee for all that attends.
Boaters
1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place

Non Boaters
1st Place
2nd Place
3rd Place

Lodging
There are camp grounds at Hillsdale Lake. If you can let me know in advance I can reserve a camp site for you. There are also hotels available in Olathe which is approximately 20 minutes north of the lake. I know that there is going to be a couple of local guys staying at the camp grounds the night before. Here is the info for camping at Hillsdale

CAMPING
Camping is only allowed in the 200 designated camping sites in the Russell Crites Area. Approximately 99 sites have electric and water hook-ups available where a nightly utility fee is required. Two bathroom/showerhouses are available during the regular camping season, April15 - October 15.
• All vehicles require day-use permits while in state park permit area.
• All campers must have a nightly camping permit.
• Campers in an electric and water camping site must pay a utility fee.
• Fires are allowed only in designated fire rings.
• Only 3.2 cereal malt beverage consumption is allowed in state park and wildlife areas. No kegs or party balls.
• There is currently no target practicing allowed in the Hillsdale State Park or Wildlife Areas except as authorized by the Park or Wildlife Area Managers.
• Pets are required to be on a leash or confined to a cage or vehicle in all state park permit areas except while hunting in designated hunting

Regulations
1. TOURNAMENT TAKE-OFF AND WEIGH-IN TIMES, LOCATION, OFFICIAL CHECK POINT AND BOAT INSPECTION: Tournaments will begin at safe light on the day of the tournament, with the exact time announced at the Pre-Tournament meeting. Weigh-in will be at 3:00 P.M. for all tournaments. There will be only one site for check-out in the morning and check-in in the afternoon; said location to be announced at the Pre-Tournament Meeting. At the time of morning inspection, all competitors must be in full compliance of all rules set forth by Directors. All boats shall identify themselves at the weigh-in site by means of boat number and proceed IMMEDIATELY to the designated weigh-in area.
2. SCORING: Largemouth Bass, Kentucky Bass, and Smallmouth Bass will be counted. Dead fish will result in a .50 (1/2) pound penalty. If dead fish is the largest of the creel, that .50 (1/2) pound will be deducted from your big bass weight. Any bass under the tournament’s legal length limit presented for weigh-in will result in disqualification of that fish and two (2) pounds being deducted from total weight of remaining creel. Golden Rule will be the official measure board. Tournament limit will be five (5) bass per boat. No more than five (5) bass will be allowed in live well at any time. Contestants are not allowed to continue fishing until they have culled down to their five (5) bass tournament limit per boat.
3. LATE PENALTY: Anglers not at designated check-in site by official designated time will be penalized one (1) pound for each minute late up to a maximum of ten (10) minutes (pounds). Penalized weight will be deducted from the total weight of angler’s stringer. After the maximum of ten (10) minutes has been exceeded, angler will forfeit all points/weight for the day’s competition, yet will still receive ten (10) show-up points.
4. POINTS: Points will be awarded as follows: 100 to the boater and 100 to the non-boater in the first place boat; 99 for second; 98 third, etc. Individuals will be awarded one (1) point for each pound of weight caught by the team. Individuals will also receive ten (10) show up points.
5. TIES: In case of ties, standings will be resolved by combining the awards equally among the tied contestants. Trophy position shall be determined by lottery among those tied.
6. All boats must have a US coast guard approved personal floatation device for each person in their boat. You are also responsible for meeting the requirements of the lake regulations.
Last edited by kcduckslayer on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby hunter20046667 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:42 pm

well it sounds good to me . what ramp are we going to meet at ? hope to see a few of ya there . :salude: :getdown:
killem all let the cook sortem out, umm good
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:41 am

Does anyone have extra room on a boat for me? I would like to join someone in a boat and help split fuel if anyone needs a partner? Sounds like a great time! :salude:
Captain16
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:52 am

We can find ya boat to fish on.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:56 am

Good point, Caps. Might be worth mentioning to the not-so-tournament-savvy that it is a generally accepted rule to pay for half the boater's gas. This doesn't usually show up in the official rules, but is one of those unwritten rules that tends to pi$$ of boaters. And you don't want to [i$$ of the guy with his foot on teh trolling motor in a tournament...

And Slaya, we've talked, you can count me, and likely a boating partner in. Got a line on a few other "non-DHC" folks interested as well. I'll keep you posted via IM...
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:00 am

I will try to find some Wichita people, but having a hard time! You can plan on counting me in as well. Never have fished there, so really looking forward to it. Sounds like it is going to be a great time!
Captain16
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:35 pm

Duhhhh maybe,,,ill hafta wait and see as it gets closer,,,, May bring a boat if i trade...and if i dont.... then might need to chip in on a extry large boat...LOL... Fatweed weighs 265... LOL...oh...thats without lunch... hehehehe
Fatweed
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:05 pm

Fatweed i am sure we can find something for ya, even after lunch. lol
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:53 pm

Dang,,just found out i got a wedding to go to that day..??? may not go...dunno yet....
Fatweed
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue May 09, 2006 2:45 pm

OK I know the time is getting close. After talking this thru with a couple people, I have decided that the prizes will be as follows

Cash prizes

Boaters
1st 50%
2nd 30%
3rd 20%

Non Boaters
1st 50%
2nd 30%
3rd 20%

This is the money that is left over after the permit and food is purchase. 100% of your investment comes back to you.

If you have any questions about this please let me know

Thanks

CJ Tharp
kcduckslayer
hunter

we get a prize for fishing ?

Postby hunter20046667 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:35 pm

oh ya :getdown: :getdown: now thats what i call a great deal. get to fish an meet new people and eat and to top it off the chance to get a prize ! way to go CJ :salude: :thumbsup: is it time yet ?
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Wed May 10, 2006 5:52 am

And incase you guys didnt realize this is pretty much a DHC event. This is not getting marketed to anyone else becides you guys. Friends and family are welcome. SO the number of entries is up to us.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Mon May 22, 2006 6:40 am

Well we are 3 weeks out from the fishing tourny. I wanted to check in and see how many of you are still interested in coming out so I can get a good number of people that are coming out.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:04 am

I'm still very interested, but we have had 2 people that quit here at work so looks like I am hosed! :pissed: I am still trying and get out of working, but not looking too good. I know I am going to miss a good time!
Captain16
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Wed May 31, 2006 7:47 am

OK we are about 2 weeks away. I need to know who is coming. I need a good solid count.
kcduckslayer
hunter

whos comeing ?

Postby hunter20046667 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:35 pm

well Im stilll gonna be there ! olny ten days away,,,, gotta sharpen my hooks ,find my eating utinsiles,see if my ugly boat still floats,watch a good bass fishing vidieo for some tips on how to catch one, find out what time we eat so i can set my clock up a bit. Ill be there :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:44 am

Since no one besides hunter is really showing any interest I am going to call everything off.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:36 am

Sorry big guy, I just have to many things going on. Was a great idea though.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:51 am

No Problem, it works out better this way. May we can try again some other time.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:56 pm

yup,,twas good idea, and ive still got that wedding to go to... anyway.. we just hafta have an online tourney...heheh in other words...just fish ourselves..and post pics...hehehe... braggin rights or whatever... besides..need sumthin to do during the off season...
Fatweed
hunter

awww sh,,,,,, and I was looking forward to

Postby hunter20046667 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:25 pm

some good eats.... oh well maybe next time. guess Ill hav to go out an see about some tree rats for the frying pan instead. umm good with some gravy an taters. thanks slayer for trying :salude: :thumbsup:
hunter20046667
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting