Turkey Hunting anyone?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Turkey Hunting anyone?

Postby Captain16 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:31 am

Just wondered if anyone has been out spring turkey hunting and how they were doing? I made it out on Wednesday and heard a few, but no luck. Still trying to learn everything, great time though.
Captain16
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:17 am

Heck I am still just dreaming about turnkeys. I am so busy I havent even had time to think about it.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:55 am

Hopefully heading out Saturday to chase a couple down. I am sure there will be a story of some type. :toofunny:
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:12 pm

All ready got one about 20-22lbs with 2 beards one 10in. the other 3in. not to bad a bird. He was sure good eatin. :smile:
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue May 02, 2006 6:44 am

I made it out saturday. Heard them talkin all morning and had a hen circle me twice about 10 feet away. Other than that no luck. Hoping to get back out this week or weekend to sill the deal.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 pm

I was lucky enough to connect on the opening Saturday. Nice bird, not monster but 22lbs, 1 inch sp. and 10 1/2 b. That's my annual one and done. Anyone catching any crappie?

I will try and post pictures if possible.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

on catching crappies ,,,, an turkey hunting

Postby hunter20046667 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:04 am

been catching a few at hillsdale but for every keeper ya get ya put back a dozen nine an a half inchers ,,, its gona be great next year with all the short ones this year . clinton lake is where i have been getting the big slabs at for a few weeks now. iv been out one time to see about a turkey but had none come in ,,, but still have a few days to get one, but no damn mushrooms to go with it when i do!!!! anyone else finding any ? ok got to go an see if i can coax one in and then fish the nite shift at hillsdale.
killem all let the cook sortem out, umm good
hunter20046667
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting