Flocks on the move

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Flocks on the move

Postby duckplucker » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:12 pm

Went out hunting today (with yellow) and saw quite a few birds in the air. Just wondering what everyone else may have seen moving. I saw a little of everyting... ducks of different kinds, some canadians, and even a few snows. 1st day i've really seen much movement at all. :mrgreen: :getdown: :thumbsup:
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:57 pm

I noticed the exact same thing today here in town. Saw quite a few large migrating groups a mile high riding that strong north wind. I was so excited to see this as I have yet to see big groups of high flyers this year. Hopefully I can get out this weekend if I can find someone to go with me. :thumbsup:
mcn22
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:02 pm

I forgot to mention that the large flocks I was seeing were geese, canadians i believe. They were far enough away that it was hard to tell the exact species.
mcn22
hunter

incoming

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:54 pm

Hunted across the state line this morning, some private ground just into MO - saw large numbers - several thousand, as a guestimate - high flying, incoming flocks, mostly big ducks. Not much working, talked a couple small bunches down, but most were coming out of high formation, hitting the marsh with the rain. Nice big bunches. I was in between Schell-Osage and Montrose. Good to finally see something. Now if we could get 'em to cross the state line!
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:11 pm

...plucker you shouldn;t have left it got fun right after you left that weekend... you lil bro and i played havck on them big honkers lol. nice two man limit
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Trust me, i didnt want to leave... i'd have rather been hunting. :pissed:
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting