Flocks on the move

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Flocks on the move

Postby duckplucker » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:12 pm

Went out hunting today (with yellow) and saw quite a few birds in the air. Just wondering what everyone else may have seen moving. I saw a little of everyting... ducks of different kinds, some canadians, and even a few snows. 1st day i've really seen much movement at all. :mrgreen: :getdown: :thumbsup:
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:57 pm

I noticed the exact same thing today here in town. Saw quite a few large migrating groups a mile high riding that strong north wind. I was so excited to see this as I have yet to see big groups of high flyers this year. Hopefully I can get out this weekend if I can find someone to go with me. :thumbsup:
mcn22
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:02 pm

I forgot to mention that the large flocks I was seeing were geese, canadians i believe. They were far enough away that it was hard to tell the exact species.
mcn22
hunter

incoming

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:54 pm

Hunted across the state line this morning, some private ground just into MO - saw large numbers - several thousand, as a guestimate - high flying, incoming flocks, mostly big ducks. Not much working, talked a couple small bunches down, but most were coming out of high formation, hitting the marsh with the rain. Nice big bunches. I was in between Schell-Osage and Montrose. Good to finally see something. Now if we could get 'em to cross the state line!
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:11 pm

...plucker you shouldn;t have left it got fun right after you left that weekend... you lil bro and i played havck on them big honkers lol. nice two man limit
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Trust me, i didnt want to leave... i'd have rather been hunting. :pissed:
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting