looking to buy land

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: looking to buy land

Postby duckdozer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:19 pm

If you hunt in your own backyard things like this dont usually happen, Just Sayin.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
User avatar
duckdozer
hunter
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:31 am
Location: FEMA Region 7


Re: looking to buy land

Postby mudpack » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:21 am

Relax, Cline. We Kansans gotta' promote our "bad-boy" image. :yes:
There isn't one in a hundred who would actually prefer arson....... :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby quack_hunter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:21 am

rmb79 wrote:Might want to try Missouri. Way more ducks there.

Or you might want to see if Roy wants to sell that big island of his. Heard he needs money


Why do you boys hate Roy Carter and his Big Island so much? You can thank DU and their refuge for making it so great. Before that it was just average hunting as the ducks were spread out all over SE KS and SW MO. After the refuges were put in at Neosho Wildlife Area, it concentrated the ducks. Be sure to say thanks to DU with a big donation at the next banquet :yes:
quack_hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: looking to buy land

Postby Pini88 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:26 pm

I don't think most of us hate roy because of his land, I personally hate Roy because he is a prick!!
Pini88
hunter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby mudpack » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:01 am

:lol3:
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby EcatMagoo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:53 am

Pini88 wrote:I don't think most of us hate roy because of his land, I personally hate Roy because he is a prick!!


I have no opinion on roy because I dont know him. What has he done for people to consider him a prick?
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: looking to buy land

Postby quack_hunter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:28 am

EcatMagoo wrote:
Pini88 wrote:I don't think most of us hate roy because of his land, I personally hate Roy because he is a prick!!


I have no opinion on roy because I dont know him. What has he done for people to consider him a prick?


I don't know Roy either, but I know he gets a chunk of change to hunt that island now. I guess charging a price the market will bear makes some folks mad.
quack_hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:08 am

Pini88 wrote:I don't think most of us hate roy because of his land, I personally hate Roy because he is a prick!!



Youve been on here before pissing and moaning about Roy, but have never given a reason. Whats the matter? Cant afford to hunt with him?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby TomKat » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:46 am

Tommy, he charges $400 a day per gun to hunt it. I am ready if you are- (lodging is extra)
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby duckdozer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:39 am

T Man wrote:
Pini88 wrote:I don't think most of us hate roy because of his land, I personally hate Roy because he is a prick!!



Youve been on here before pissing and moaning about Roy, but have never given a reason. Whats the matter? Cant afford to hunt with him?



Who can!?
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
User avatar
duckdozer
hunter
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:31 am
Location: FEMA Region 7

Re: looking to buy land

Postby EcatMagoo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:47 pm

if he can get rich idiots to pay 400 a day to hunt i say, power to him. I don't have much of a desire to pay for hunt no matter what the cost, but it certainly wont make me mad of some guys charges 400 a day.
User avatar
EcatMagoo
hunter
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: looking to buy land

Postby mudpack » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 am

Here's my beef with Mr. Carter:
KDWP surveyed the hunters in SE Zone about dates they wanted, and the results of that survey led them to set the dates last year for that zone.
Mr. Carter wanted those dates changed to better meet his needs, obviously feeling that his one vote should outweigh all the other hunter's votes when it came to the commission's meeting/public forum. Problem is, he almost got away with it. It was that close in the commissioner's voting. I felt it was another case of $$$ taking precedence over the wishes of the resident hunters in the strange world of the KDWP&T.
Other than that, I don't know the man himself or his family.
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:10 pm

mudpack wrote:Here's my beef with Mr. Carter:
KDWP surveyed the hunters in SE Zone about dates they wanted, and the results of that survey led them to set the dates last year for that zone.
Mr. Carter wanted those dates changed to better meet his needs, obviously feeling that his one vote should outweigh all the other hunter's votes when it came to the commission's meeting/public forum. Problem is, he almost got away with it. It was that close in the commissioner's voting. I felt it was another case of $$$ taking precedence over the wishes of the resident hunters in the strange world of the KDWP&T.
Other than that, I don't know the man himself or his family.



What is your evidence of this besides speculation?

I am neither for, no against Roy Carter. Ive never met him, nor had a problem with him. I have never felt the impact of his guiding, and even though I hunt Neosho normally at least 3-4 times a week, Im not sure I could even tell you where his land is. Long story short, he hasnt affected me in one way or another. We needed our season pushed back down here anyway as the birds dont get here until well into the season. Yes, in most years the water locks up, so we move to fields. Do you even live in the SE zone?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby TomKat » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:37 pm

So yea or nae on going there?
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:40 pm

TomKat wrote:So yea or nae on going there?



Ill hunt wherever as long as youre paying the bill.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby Pini88 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:36 pm

T Man wrote:
mudpack wrote:Here's my beef with Mr. Carter:
KDWP surveyed the hunters in SE Zone about dates they wanted, and the results of that survey led them to set the dates last year for that zone.
Mr. Carter wanted those dates changed to better meet his needs, obviously feeling that his one vote should outweigh all the other hunter's votes when it came to the commission's meeting/public forum. Problem is, he almost got away with it. It was that close in the commissioner's voting. I felt it was another case of $$$ taking precedence over the wishes of the resident hunters in the strange world of the KDWP&T.
Other than that, I don't know the man himself or his family.



What is your evidence of this besides speculation?

I am neither for, no against Roy Carter. Ive never met him, nor had a problem with him. I have never felt the impact of his guiding, and even though I hunt Neosho normally at least 3-4 times a week, Im not sure I could even tell you where his land is. Long story short, he hasnt affected me in one way or another. We needed our season pushed back down here anyway as the birds dont get here until well into the season. Yes, in most years the water locks up, so we move to fields. Do you even live in the SE zone?



"Roy Carter, St. Paul – On new southeast (SE) Kansas duck zone, I run guide duck hunting outfit and deal with residents and nonresidents, but I can’t book a hunt until November 24, and in the current season recommendations, the first 3-4 weeks will be a wash. I’m not hear just to talked about Roy Carter but I’m hear to talk about the businesses in the area that are dependent on hunters coming to hunt on the Neosho Wildlife Area. I also own a restaurant in St. Paul and you can tell when the mallards are in. In know this is Kansas and the weather changes and sometimes we freeze up, but we’ll always have ducks. When if freezes, they use grain fields, strip pits and riffles on the river. Basically, it gets into tax dollars and sale of out of state hunting licenses. We like to hunt when ducks are in the area. There are other things, too, like at the local game management area, gives more time to get crops out of field to develop habitat. If those seasons could be set back and open say on November 19, it could be a huge shot in the arm for our area. We have some of finest duck hunting in country. We do hold a lot of ducks in January, so would like to hunt while ducks are there."
That's not nearly (late) enough," said Roy Carter, owner of Carter's Big Island Hunting Club and a steak house in St. Paul. "We need to hunt ducks when they're here."

Carter and others have long asked for a later season because mallards often don't migrate into the area until mid to late-November.

"In the past it may have been a 74-day season but it was turned into a 44-day season because they opened it so early," Carter said.

Brian Natalini, of Columbus, said he also prefers a mid-November opening.

"I've gone some when the seasons have opened (in the past) but it's mostly been to work the dog a little," he said. "There aren't enough ducks down here to get serious until about Thanksgiving."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2011/08/07/196493 ... rylink=cpy

I dislike him for my personal reasons but if you want evidence, its only a click away :no: If it freezes like it does at its usual time each year he will run ice eaters all winter, while everyone else is trying to shoot them in fields they will have no reason to leave the island. He doesn't care about anyone else in this area he only cares about the "big island", and what can make him the most money.
Pini88
hunter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Again, Being withing 20 minutes of where he is at, there is NO impact and NO evidence that CBI is holding all the birds. We kill them just fine busting out holes in frozen ponds or hunting them in fields. If you have ever hunted SE kansas you will find that many down here wanted the season pushed back so we could hunt in January. If you dont hunt in the SE zone why are you pissing and moaning about it?

I voted for it...if one vote was so important, would you care to whine about me voting for it as well?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby TomKat » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 am

T Man wrote:
TomKat wrote:So yea or nae on going there?



Ill hunt wherever as long as youre paying the bill.



Whats the matter? Cant afford to hunt with him?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :fingerpt: :fingerpt: :eek: :hammer: :hammer: :hi: :hi: :hi: :beer:


As you know, I am a thrifty fellow. I cant see burning 4 bills to do what I can do for free...
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:45 pm

TomKat wrote:Whats the matter? Cant afford to hunt with him?


Nope, but then again, im not on here cryng about him. Kind of funny considering im about the closest to his land...
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby Pini88 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm

T Man wrote:Again, Being withing 20 minutes of where he is at, there is NO impact and NO evidence that CBI is holding all the birds. We kill them just fine busting out holes in frozen ponds or hunting them in fields. If you have ever hunted SE kansas you will find that many down here wanted the season pushed back so we could hunt in January. If you dont hunt in the SE zone why are you pissing and moaning about it?

I voted for it...if one vote was so important, would you care to whine about me voting for it as well?


HAHAHAHAHA you are telling me that you busting a hole in a pond can compete with him running ice eaters to keep water open for weeks on end :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: this year was a freak year and no one can argue that, I agree the season should be pushed back, but if you think that it should be pushed back till the 19th you are crazy, we might have 2 weeks of refuge/pond hunting and then everything will be frozen solid. Since I hunt the southeast zone and neosho almost 3-5 days a week and live in the same town as you im pretty sure, I think its ok to voice my complaints
Pini88
hunter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Kansas

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Pini88 wrote:
T Man wrote:Again, Being withing 20 minutes of where he is at, there is NO impact and NO evidence that CBI is holding all the birds. We kill them just fine busting out holes in frozen ponds or hunting them in fields. If you have ever hunted SE kansas you will find that many down here wanted the season pushed back so we could hunt in January. If you dont hunt in the SE zone why are you pissing and moaning about it?

I voted for it...if one vote was so important, would you care to whine about me voting for it as well?


HAHAHAHAHA you are telling me that you busting a hole in a pond can compete with him running ice eaters to keep water open for weeks on end :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: this year was a freak year and no one can argue that, I agree the season should be pushed back, but if you think that it should be pushed back till the 19th you are crazy, we might have 2 weeks of refuge/pond hunting and then everything will be frozen solid. Since I hunt the southeast zone and neosho almost 3-5 days a week and live in the same town as you im pretty sure, I think its ok to voice my complaints


No, busting a hole in a pond isnt the same thing as running Ice eaters. Guess what, if I could afford one, or two, and the land to put it on, I would be doing the same thing. Quit crying about his unfair advantage and about how he alone pushed the dates back so he can line his pockets. Not every bird in SE Kansas is on his land. There is plenty left for the rest of us. You still have never answered my question on why YOU personally have this vendetta with him. If you didnt think our zone needed pushed back youre either a fool or you dont hunt nearly as often as you claim. I see more mallards when we are out goose hunting after duck has ended than I do nearly any other time during the season.

Jesus, its like listening to Alex Jones conspiracy theories around here
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm

I seem to have done just fine late season without ice eaters

Mid December
Image

Last day of season
Image
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:31 pm

none of you clowns no jack crap about duck hunting, or about roy carter, roy carter was sent to earth by God himself just to ruin all the lives of hunters in sek, he is pretty much the commander of all hunting, wether it be ducks,turkey, deer, squirrels or even snipes, yea thats right snipes! you all keep talking busting ice and everything else, but the the truth is you bust your @SS breakin ice while i hide in the playground equiptment at lakes side and decoy birds with bread....boom yall are jealous, dont deny it. and just for the record pini88 you have a small weiner. haha
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Pittsburg, KS

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm

SimplyPerfectNelli wrote:none of you clowns no jack crap about duck hunting, or about roy carter, roy carter was sent to earth by God himself just to ruin all the lives of hunters in sek, he is pretty much the commander of all hunting, wether it be ducks,turkey, deer, squirrels or even snipes, yea thats right snipes! you all keep talking busting ice and everything else, but the the truth is you bust your @SS breakin ice while i hide in the playground equiptment at lakes side and decoy birds with bread....boom yall are jealous, dont deny it. and just for the record pini88 you have a small weiner. haha


:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: looking to buy land

Postby Pini88 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 pm

T Man wrote:
Pini88 wrote:
T Man wrote:Again, Being withing 20 minutes of where he is at, there is NO impact and NO evidence that CBI is holding all the birds. We kill them just fine busting out holes in frozen ponds or hunting them in fields. If you have ever hunted SE kansas you will find that many down here wanted the season pushed back so we could hunt in January. If you dont hunt in the SE zone why are you pissing and moaning about it?

I voted for it...if one vote was so important, would you care to whine about me voting for it as well?


HAHAHAHAHA you are telling me that you busting a hole in a pond can compete with him running ice eaters to keep water open for weeks on end :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: this year was a freak year and no one can argue that, I agree the season should be pushed back, but if you think that it should be pushed back till the 19th you are crazy, we might have 2 weeks of refuge/pond hunting and then everything will be frozen solid. Since I hunt the southeast zone and neosho almost 3-5 days a week and live in the same town as you im pretty sure, I think its ok to voice my complaints


No, busting a hole in a pond isnt the same thing as running Ice eaters. Guess what, if I could afford one, or two, and the land to put it on, I would be doing the same thing. Quit crying about his unfair advantage and about how he alone pushed the dates back so he can line his pockets. Not every bird in SE Kansas is on his land. There is plenty left for the rest of us. You still have never answered my question on why YOU personally have this vendetta with him. If you didnt think our zone needed pushed back youre either a fool or you dont hunt nearly as often as you claim. I see more mallards when we are out goose hunting after duck has ended than I do nearly any other time during the season.

Jesus, its like listening to Alex Jones conspiracy theories around here



Did you read anything I wrote?????? I said the season needed to be pushed back, but pushing it back to the 19th is foolish. Do we need to get in a **** measuring contest posting pictures of ducks that we killed in December and January??

Nelli-go shoot more turkeys ya jackwagon.
Pini88
hunter
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 am
Location: Kansas

PreviousNext

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest