looking to buy land

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Re: looking to buy land

Postby T Man » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Pini88 wrote:
T Man wrote:
Pini88 wrote:
T Man wrote:Again, Being withing 20 minutes of where he is at, there is NO impact and NO evidence that CBI is holding all the birds. We kill them just fine busting out holes in frozen ponds or hunting them in fields. If you have ever hunted SE kansas you will find that many down here wanted the season pushed back so we could hunt in January. If you dont hunt in the SE zone why are you pissing and moaning about it?

I voted for it...if one vote was so important, would you care to whine about me voting for it as well?

HAHAHAHAHA you are telling me that you busting a hole in a pond can compete with him running ice eaters to keep water open for weeks on end :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: this year was a freak year and no one can argue that, I agree the season should be pushed back, but if you think that it should be pushed back till the 19th you are crazy, we might have 2 weeks of refuge/pond hunting and then everything will be frozen solid. Since I hunt the southeast zone and neosho almost 3-5 days a week and live in the same town as you im pretty sure, I think its ok to voice my complaints

No, busting a hole in a pond isnt the same thing as running Ice eaters. Guess what, if I could afford one, or two, and the land to put it on, I would be doing the same thing. Quit crying about his unfair advantage and about how he alone pushed the dates back so he can line his pockets. Not every bird in SE Kansas is on his land. There is plenty left for the rest of us. You still have never answered my question on why YOU personally have this vendetta with him. If you didnt think our zone needed pushed back youre either a fool or you dont hunt nearly as often as you claim. I see more mallards when we are out goose hunting after duck has ended than I do nearly any other time during the season.

Jesus, its like listening to Alex Jones conspiracy theories around here

Did you read anything I wrote?????? I said the season needed to be pushed back, but pushing it back to the 19th is foolish. Do we need to get in a **** measuring contest posting pictures of ducks that we killed in December and January??

Nelli-go shoot more turkeys ya jackwagon.

No need for a **** measuring contest, just trying to make a point that you can kill ducks, over locked up water without ice eaters.

Long story short, I have a problem with the blame it on roy attitude. He may be a douchebag, I dont know. If he is, he isnt the first, and sure wont be the last.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Pini88 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Completely understandable! we can agree to disagree on ole Roy :beer:
Pini88
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Awww how cute you ladies just kissed and made up ur practically bffs now, pini i already killed all the turkeys in the area, dont believe me? You should ask the legendary david evans, he already called me out on fb lol
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby SimplyPerfectNelli » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 pm

And you boys dont want a **** measuring contest bc dog would beat both of you, and shes a girl
SimplyPerfectNelli
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 am

T Man wrote:
mudpack wrote:Here's my beef with Mr. Carter:
KDWP surveyed the hunters in SE Zone about dates they wanted, and the results of that survey led them to set the dates last year for that zone.
Mr. Carter wanted those dates changed to better meet his needs, obviously feeling that his one vote should outweigh all the other hunter's votes when it came to the commission's meeting/public forum. Problem is, he almost got away with it. It was that close in the commissioner's voting. I felt it was another case of $$$ taking precedence over the wishes of the resident hunters in the strange world of the KDWP&T.
Other than that, I don't know the man himself or his family.

What is your evidence of this besides speculation??

No speculation involved. I was at the meeting. Is that enough evidence for you?
You might do well to listen to guys like Pini88, who have a mature perspective of this sort of thing. I know you are related to Roy, do you suppose that might color your opinion of him? Doesn't matter, I know what I saw and heard from Roy and his commercial chrony (who uses his waterfowling properties in the SEZone to entertain clients...in other words, duck hunting is a for-profit business for him, too). I understand lobbying to get what you want; that's what all the survey-takers were doing when they majority-voted on the dates set. But the majority, who are little guys voted in the dates. The same dates two guys talking $$ wanted changed.
mudpack
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:32 am

mudpack wrote:No speculation involved. I was at the meeting. Is that enough evidence for you?

Not really. I went to a Catholic church once for a wedding, does that make me an authority on the teachings of The Church?

mudpack wrote: You might do well to listen to guys like Pini88, who have a mature perspective of this sort of thing.

Are you saying I have an Immature perspective because I disagree with you even though I am presenting valid points of which you have not rebutted? Pini88 and I have come to an agreement on it.

mudpack wrote: I know you are related to Roy, do you suppose that might color your opinion of him?

Huh? Have I not made it clear that I have no idea who he is? I hadnt even heard of him until I joined DHC and saw all the moaning and groaning about him.

T Man wrote:I am neither for, no against Roy Carter. Ive never met him, nor had a problem with him.

T Man wrote: He may be a douchebag, I dont know. If he is, he isnt the first, and sure wont be the last.

mudpack wrote: I understand lobbying to get what you want; that's what all the survey-takers were doing when they majority-voted on the dates set. But the majority, who are little guys voted in the dates. The same dates two guys talking $$ wanted changed.

Again, you are pissing and moaning about a zone which you dont live in. More than 1 person voted on getting it moved back. I was one of those people.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TomKat » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:02 am

I dont mind the zone change. When we get thin on ducks I can go visit T Man and shoot some down there...and I dont have to pay Roy a penny. T-man, like all my Krew, is a thrifty fellow by nature. And he certainly seems to get the job done, with or with out Carters Big island. Actually, despite it.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby quack_hunter » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 am

So now, if I understand it right, roy is not a prick because he owns or controls alot of land, or because he charges alot to hunt his land, he is a prick because he wanted the season to run later and runs iceeaters??? :fingerhead:
quack_hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby duckdozer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Where did you come from and why are you here?
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 am

I think the Northeast should have its own zone. And we should be allowed to hunt ducks while running a e-caller during snow goose season. :nana:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 am

I dont think that would hurt the snow goose population one bit. We need more people to get after those snows during conservation season!!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby mudpack » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:15 am

T Man wrote:Again, you are pissing and moaning about a zone which you dont live in. More than 1 person voted on getting it moved back. I was one of those people.

I think you've missed my point, T-man. I have no vested interest in the SEZ dates because, as you've pointed out, I don't live there. I don't even hunt there.
Here's my point: the majority of hunters who DO live in the SEZ voted for the dates that were set. In a democracy, the majority rules when votes are taken. You were outvoted. I'm sorry you didn't get the dates you wanted, but the majority wanted other dates, so that's what you ALL got.
Then Mr. Carter and friend come to the commission meeting and say, in effect, "we don't care what the majority of the hunters living in my area want, I want something else and I'm here to convince you commissioners to give it to me." Then, THEN, they very nearly DO IT!
That's my beef: with Mr. Carter and friend for their audacity and with those commissioners for their willingness to throw out the majority's wishes and placate two whiners who were smart enough to show up at the meeting and put pressure on those commissioners. Another example of the KDWP&T giving precedence to money and lobbying over the average Kansas resident hunter.
Does that make sense?
(by the way, the comment about you being related to Roy was made tongue-in-cheek; I have no idea if you're related or not)
mudpack
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 am

Go look at Roy's web site. 25 grand to lease a blind for a season...that must be some good duck hunting.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby quack_hunter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 am

duckdozer wrote:Where did you come from and why are you here?

Me??? SE Kansas and was just wondering why pini88 thought roy carter was a prick. I have never met roy. Since DU invented the refuge system, I mainly exterminate skycarp.
quack_hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 am

quack_hunter wrote:

Me??? SE Kansas and was just wondering why pini88 thought roy carter was a prick. I have never met roy. Since DU invented the refuge system, I mainly exterminate skycarp.

How are you posting if you are suspended?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby duckdozer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:28 am

was wondering the same myself

SE zone sucks. yes I live in it I actually can hunt both sides of the line but there are never birds on the north side, we freeze up and the birds push to you guys we dont get to pound them in the fields like you do, maybe one or 2 hunts a yr. That is where my SE zone sucks is a legit complaint. Yes Roy is out to make his money, so there for by trying to get seasons regulated so that he can make more money makes him a prick in my eyes. Him and a guy that works for the Kansas Land Whoring Dept also known as KDWP&T formerly known as KDWP, are the ones responsible for trying to get the date pushed back to 19th, I have spoke with someone that used to work for the state around Roy's area and he confirmed this, the rest of the state commitee wanted it left alone.
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby quack_hunter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:45 am

TomKat wrote:
quack_hunter wrote:

How are you posting if you are suspended?

I just push the button that says "POST REPLY" and start typing. Actually, I got suspended for telling a guy something about dogs and peanut butter, I think. Anyway, I'm back. :yes:

Why does it say Dorothy under your name? Another wizard of oz pun? :fingerhead:

And duckdozer, the Kansas Dept of Worthless Pricks have screwed over many of the sportsmen of southeast kansas. Buying the mined land area and outlawing trot lines, swimming and pleasure boating (water skiing) and allowing DU to build the refuge at Neosho WA have effected me the most. At least they got rid of the cattle grazing on the mined land area and the area manager. Now they are allowing millions of dollars to be spent to protect motorists from driving off in the strip pits when guard rail would be good enough.
quack_hunter

Postby duckdozer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 am

I guess I don't understand how a DU refuge on a wma affects your hunting negatively.
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
duckdozer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:25 am

quack_hunter wrote:
Why does it say Dorothy under your name? Another wizard of oz pun? :fingerhead: .

Yes, David the Almighty :bow: :bow: :bow: bestowed that one me. He does that to anyone he wants to, with no regard for anything except what he thinks about it.

But thanks for asking.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby quack_hunter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 am

duckdozer wrote:I guess I don't understand how a DU refuge on a wma affects your hunting negatively.

I guess you have never been over to Neosho WA and seen all the ducks on the refuge pool. It completely changed the local flight pattern of ducks. They fly straight from Marias de Cygne to Neosho. It set ole Roy and his big bend island to be what it is today. There was good duck hunting up and down the state line until they built the refuge. You could build a blind there and sit everyday of season and your yearly total would not be a limit. :yes:

quack_hunter

Postby duckdozer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:32 pm

I personally like our refuge we have as it holds birds that then in turn go out to feed, I believe the same is for the WMA you speak of. I hear of way too many ppl killing out there for it to be a bad thing, I think that you like to pond jump and now with a refuge in place you cant do that. :lol3:
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
duckdozer
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 am

quack_hunter wrote:
duckdozer wrote:I guess I don't understand how a DU refuge on a wma affects your hunting negatively.

I guess you have never been over to Neosho WA and seen all the ducks on the refuge pool. It completely changed the local flight pattern of ducks. They fly straight from Marias de Cygne to Neosho. It set ole Roy and his big bend island to be what it is today. There was good duck hunting up and down the state line until they built the refuge. You could build a blind there and sit everyday of season and your yearly total would not be a limit. :yes:

If you cant shoot a limit at that wma, youre doing it wrong
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 am

I still want a February duck season so I can shoot them in the snow goose spread.
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby TomKat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:23 am

goodkarmarising wrote:I still want a February duck season so I can shoot them in the snow goose spread.

I would like to shoot them with Tommy sometime. :yes:

I know he kills ducks, and I am willing to go down there for round 2 if you are gkr :hi:
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:25 am

TomKat wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:I still want a February duck season so I can shoot them in the snow goose spread.

I would like to shoot them with Tommy sometime. :yes:

I know he kills ducks, and I am willing to go down there for round 2 if you are gkr :hi:

I'm down for it, long as he doesn't have the 2 trained ducks flying around in a circle over us every couple hours. :tongue:
goodkarmarising
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting