looking to buy land

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: looking to buy land

Postby quack_hunter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:56 am

duckdozer wrote:I personally like our refuge we have as it holds birds that then in turn go out to feed, I believe the same is for the WMA you speak of. I hear of way too many ppl killing out there for it to be a bad thing, I think that you like to pond jump and now with a refuge in place you cant do that. :lol3:

I think you like the duck park, because without it, you would have no place to hunt. :yes: What I miss is a duck blind and being able to leave your dekes out without having to worry about having them stolen. Next DU will help put in blinds and you can draw for them. Keep drinkin the kool-aid. :beer:

quack_hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby duckdozer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am

You probably are right because some OOSr would have came in and leased it all up by now you idiot.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby hnkr83 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:39 am

Thought I heard somewhere that one of the KDWP&T commissioners either leases land from or bought part of the island from Carter :huh:
hnkr83
hunter

Postby quack_hunter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:50 am

duckdozer wrote:You probably are right because some OOSr would have came in and leased it all up by now you idiot.

The ducks were scattered out enough that only a few places were even worth leasing and carter had nothng on some of the irrigation lakes up and down the state line. Just load up your mojos, oversize dekes, lots of shells and 30 inch shotguns complete with barrel stickers, head for the duck park for a full day of skyblasting. :yes: :yes: :yes:

And telling someone they are right and then calling them an idiot makes no sense at all. :fingerpt:
quack_hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby moduckhunter » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 pm

The "island" has several land owners that manage several hundreds of acres for ducks. These are clubs and/or private owners in addition to the small amount of land that Carter still operates his guide service on (in my opinion, the best properties on the island are owned by private clubs and individuals, not Carter). In fact, Carter sold alot of his former property to these individuals, including alot of the prime flooded pecan groves and green timber.

I know of two large pieces of property that are owned by individuals who live in Kansas City, three large pieces that are owned by individuals in SW Missouri, and another piece that has been a private duck club for several decades. These are all well over 100-200 acres each, and are all on the "island" (the island is technically where the Neosho river channel splits into the new (larger) channel and an older channel that completely surrounds a LARGE piece of land, hence the "island"). The "island" is directly south of the refuge......you can actually hear the shooting on the refuge if you are hunting the island, and vice versa.
moduckhunter
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 am

quack_hunter wrote:
duckdozer wrote:Where did you come from and why are you here?

Me??? SE Kansas and was just wondering why pini88 thought roy carter was a prick. I have never met roy. Since DU invented the refuge system, I mainly exterminate skycarp.

News flash: Ducks Unlimited did not invent the national refuge system. Roosevelt did.

Just thought I'd clear that up......
mudpack
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting