Were R the ducks?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Were R the ducks?

Postby Mallyard » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:01 pm

Man the numbers are decreasing rapidly. Usually were limiting out like crazy this time of year. Just havn't seen the numbers. Any helpful tips that you guys have used that worked this year. I usually hunt public ground. Maybe I should try some private ponds. I don't know... HELP :help:

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yellowlab » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:42 pm

" hiden" privet pounds off of public hunting is where i have been killing ducks lately might try taht... alot of birds moved last weekend maybeyou jsut had more leave and come in

hope you have some luck this weekend
yellow
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fatweed » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:14 pm

accordin to kdpw... for mchperson...huntin pressure has moved most of them off.... the wetlands... they aint stupid..hehehe they keep shootin at em that much and they go someplace else... *S*... there still plenty around and more comin down all the time....im thinkin next couple of days be a purty big push come thru... dont worry they havent gone or even begun yet...cuz for one thing there arent any snows around yet... theyll be here... might not stay long but theyll keep comin... *S*..patience.... and yeah try private...or like where they havent even came too yet...like the big lakes around.....that wetlands has been hit purty hard it sounds like.......
Fatweed
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:33 am

yes they have ........ I went out on thursday morn and we got 7 between 3 guys... I only got one but it was banded so it was worth only having one...... I'll post some pics soon.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby QUACKHEAD » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:55 pm

They are all hanging out at Quivera with the cranes!!!!
A bad day in the feild beats a good day at work, ANY TIME!
QUACKHEAD
Membership permanently suspended

Postby mcn22 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:24 pm

Speaking of that, Quivira is reporting 740,00 geese on the area!! Can this be true or is it a misprint? Seems like thats more than all of the other refuges and wetlands in kansas combined!
mcn22
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:44 pm

I gurantee it's true. Since there has been no hunting pressure thats were they all are. Quivera is known for it's numbers in waterfowl every year. Wish I could hunt it now, too bad some one had to shoot them cranes.

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:52 pm

Yesterday was the first day I haven't shot a limit. Had a hard time telling drakes from hens and I only shot 2 because I wanted the hens to live.

Shot the most beautidul drake widgeon I have ever seen. Its 2 middle tail feathers looked like a drake pintail's tail feathers. My buddy is gonna mount it.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:57 pm

Everything should be moving out pretty soon because it is getting colder. You guys should be ready. :salude:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:54 pm

yeah i think this frount we are getting right now will really start to bring numbers in
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting