Hey guys!

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Hey guys!

Postby Mallyard » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Ya'll geting ready for season yet? I've been buying goose deeks all summer. So how's the water level for everyone? I'm thinking I'll be phesant hunting the local marsh this year. Dry, dry, dry... :( Take care!

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:05 am

Yeah, slowing getting everything rounded up and trying to buy what I can hear and there. My wife and I have a baby due Sept 4th, so probably won't be too much time for hunting this year. Hopefully we can get some marsh drenchers here in the next couple of weeks, I know all of us could use a bit more rain, especially you up that way. I heard about Kanopolis lake and how low it is. Oh well, just a couple more months away and it will be shootin time! :getdown:
Captain16
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 pm

I went through cheyenne bottoms yesterday and it's terrible. Don't know if there will be much for duck hunting this year. Congrats on the baby. My wife had my little girl on June 10th.
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:50 pm

Thanks Fowl, first little one for my wife and I, so we are very excited. Yeah, it is getting very dry up that way. I know around Wichita here, I think we should be in pretty good shape water wise as long as we keep getting the rain we have been. Different story up north for you guys. Keep our fingers crossed and pray for some rain. I was hoping to be able to hunt Cheyenne this year, but may not work out to well.
Captain16
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:30 pm

You will still be able to hunt the bottoms, but you'll be walking for pheasants instead of trying to decoy ducks. My little girl is our second. My boy will be two in september. I can wait till they are old enough to take with me to the blind.
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting