duck hunting

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

duck hunting

Postby cONG » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:51 pm

anyone ready for this year of duck hunting im so excited and its only my second year and im thinking there going to be more duck this year and geese hope fulely we well get more rain and have a hard winter thos ticks eat me up turkey hunting or get someting that eat ticks that we can hunt :toofunny: the quil beter go up this year there good eating

to bad basketball on duck seaon mabe I quite and duck hunt everyday
cONG
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:42 pm

Ready? :toofunny: Not as ready as I would like to be but my gun, waders and deks are ready. My boat isnt my dog isnt. I bought a DOA double trouble yesterday so I can mark that off my list. Cabelas has them for $25 off.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:22 am

Yeah, I am falling behind already. I haven't gotten anything ready for this year. I know I am ready for the season to be here, but I sure do need to work on a few things. It is just right around the corner though. Sounds like it could be a decent year again, would really be great if we could get a bit more rain.
Captain16
hunter

not long till the opener

Postby hunter20046667 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:56 pm

well I think that most everything is ready,all that needs to be done is to get them stamps in my wallet and have the season open up. :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: and see it cool off a bit .hate to sweat in the waders ,cant tell if they are leaking or not . :salude:
killem all let the cook sortem out, umm good
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:23 am

I'm way behind. Had a kid in june and got a little side tracked. but hopefully by the time season rolls around i'll be back on top of things. That is if i can find some water to kill them in.
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

congradulations fowlhunter

Postby hunter20046667 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:23 pm

:salude: :thumbsup: on the new blind partner, hope mom an baby are doing fine .not to many days till the teal season ,they dont need a lot of water to pull them in .hope ya get some much needed rain out your way to make the season better for ya.
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:29 pm

I'm hoping to at least try getting one day of teal in. Last year I had no luck with them, but that was expected being my first year trying for them.

My wife and I are expecting our first on Sept 4th, so I have a feeling teal season will a "No-Go" this year! Maybe I could get the little guy started out early, take him along! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:31 am

Thanks hunter, they are both doin good. Growing like wild fire. Hey captain my wife was getting closeat the end of spring turkey so I had to keep my cell on. Maybe by early teal you'll already have your kid and get kinda adjusted. Good luck with everything! :thumbsup:
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby Captain16 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:39 am

Thanks, yeah, I am thinking the little one should arrive a couple of days earlier then the 4th, well, at least that's what doc is saying? I guess we, or I should have had a bit better planning on my part, a little earlier before the start of all the great hunting seasons! Oh well, next time I will do a bit better planning. She says she will let me go, but I haven't got that in writing yet! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:06 pm

I know how that goes. When that little one gets here though, you might forget about everything else for a couple of weeks. I know I did. Of cource Abby wasn't born during hunting season either. :laughing: :laughing:
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby cONG » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:09 pm

anyone hunt rivers and do good at it

on duck staps how old do you have to be before geting them and were would you buy them at do that cost alot too
cONG
hunter

Postby webfeet » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:59 am

i love huntin rivers, as far as being good at it if theres birds i kill them if theres not i don't, its all about finding a flight pattern where they don't have a choice but to use a river, permission can be tough to get though. we all might be river rats this year if we don't get any damn water. i dont know about age restrictions on stamps, i hate paying that much for em, but i guess everyone needs a taste of funds
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

got stamps just need the season to open

Postby hunter20046667 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:19 am

ok guys i picked up my stamps at walmarts ,they were 25.00 bucks .thats the hip stamp and both the state an fed. not bad now i can aford to get that box of steel shot i have been saving for :toofunny: it always makes me feel better when i have all my stamps in my pocket ,means the season is just around the corner :yes:
hunter20046667
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting