Hunting Trip

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Hunting Trip

Postby EMSduckhunter » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:36 pm

I am a south central Kansas duck hunter. A group of 4 of us want to make a trip the second weekend to northern Kansas. Just looking for some ideas. I have a fifth wheel so Lake camping will work. We would also rent a cabin if available. Thanks
EMSduckhunter
Newb

Postby Captain16 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:25 pm

:welcome: EMS Hunter. Glad to see another South Central Hunter join here.

As far as hunting up north, I have heard good things around Glen Elder lake up in northern KS. I'm not sure about the ducks up there, but have heard good reports on Geese on the lake and around in nearby fields. Milford Lake with their new wildlife area on the north side of the lake has lots of hunting opportunities in that area as well. Although I have never hunted either, I sure hope to make it to one of them this year. Once again welcome, great group of guys and gals on here.
Captain16
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:01 pm

Good to have you.

I know Cedar Bluff has some very nice cabin's you can rent for cheap if you are the first to ask. CB you will need a boat and some luck to get through to good hunting area but they always have good ducks. You might check the state website to see which lake have cabin's but I have used them and they are 1st class and less than 100 per night. Split 5 ways that if very affortable, and dogs are welcome.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:16 am

Glen Elder has some good duck and goose hunting if you can get permission from land owners or know where to go on the lake. I don't have either at this point but i'm working on it. I hunted some public land out that way last year but no luck. Seen lots of birds but none that came my way.

Have you thought about kirwin? Just an idea? I gotta good spot out there if it would ever get cold and nasty.
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting