Enjoying Kansas

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Enjoying Kansas

Postby topgun splash » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 am

Just thought I'd let the guy's know I'm getting settled in, got my bearings straight, been up to the Council Grove lake a few times, even got some dog work in this week! We are really liking it here, lots of really cool folks here. Duckdozer and Mallyard are go to guy's, and got to hang out with Dozer at the Emporia hunter's party.

Lots of things to do and see for the hunter, and I'm really impressed with the WIHA areas to hunt. You guy's are truely blessed with that, Calif. would never have anything close to that. I know it doesn't seem like it when your used to it, but Kansas hunters are fortunate with there prices on licenses, tags, stamps, and area's to hunt, believe me!

Kids are settled in school, and like it here very much aswell.

Had a group of 6 gaddy's go over the house the other day, and found a flock of about 100 woody's on a creek yesterday! Can't wait!

Steve
"Western Extreme Waterfowl" Making memories,one shot at a time!
Precision waterfowl calls pro staff
"It's like playin' cards with my Sister's kids, you nerve rackin' son's a bitch's!"
topgun splash
hunter

Re: Enjoying Kansas

Postby TomKat » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 am

Great, glad to hear it.

Hopefully we can get you a first rate winter experience sometime soon.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby John O`Neal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 pm

topgun splash wrote:Lots of things to do and see for the hunter, and I'm really impressed with the WIHA areas to hunt. You guy's are truely blessed with that, Calif. would never have anything close to that. I know it doesn't seem like it when your used to it, but Kansas hunters are fortunate with there prices on licenses, tags, stamps, and area's to hunt, believe me!
Steve

Glad the move turned out to be a good one for you and yours. I have always been envious of the long season you Californian`s enjoyed and never really thought about how lucky we had it here in the midwest. Hope you have a great season . Very few things match up to a snow covered cornfield and a sky full of Canada geese . ENJOY !

The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 am

Have had a blast meeting you and your family Steve, glad you are enjoying Kansas. While we are pretty strong against OOS'rs and ppl moving in on us you went about it the right way and hopefully others take to the way you have treated us as well. Cant wait for Oct 27th hopefully we can find some birds and get together. Did Kyle get ahold of you yet about the other job?
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby GETTER DONE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am

WARNING,AS THIS GUY HUNTING PARTNER FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS,BE AWARE HE WILL FILL YOUR EARS FULL OF MALLARD AND TURKEY CALLS, EAT YOUR LUNCH WHEN YOUR GETTING BIRDS,PASS GAS IN A DEER STAND AND SPIT DIP DOWN YOUR TRUCK. STEVE ENJOY THE NEW COUNTRY SEE YOU COME TURKEY SEASON. :thumbsup:
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
DRAKE WATERFOWL FIELD STAFF
PRECISION CALLS PRO STAFF MANAGER
TANGLEFREE PRO STAFF
GETTER DONE
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 am

GETTER DONE wrote:WARNING,AS THIS GUY HUNTING PARTNER FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS,BE AWARE HE WILL FILL YOUR EARS FULL OF MALLARD AND TURKEY CALLS, EAT YOUR LUNCH WHEN YOUR GETTING BIRDS,PASS GAS IN A DEER STAND AND SPIT DIP DOWN YOUR TRUCK. STEVE ENJOY THE NEW COUNTRY SEE YOU COME TURKEY SEASON. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:22 pm

GETTER DONE wrote:WARNING,AS THIS GUY HUNTING PARTNER FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS,BE AWARE HE WILL FILL YOUR EARS FULL OF MALLARD AND TURKEY CALLS, EAT YOUR LUNCH WHEN YOUR GETTING BIRDS,PASS GAS IN A DEER STAND AND SPIT DIP DOWN YOUR TRUCK. STEVE ENJOY THE NEW COUNTRY SEE YOU COME TURKEY SEASON. :thumbsup:

After spending the better part of 4-5 days with him showing him around and such I can see that!!! Cant wait till the opener maybe we will be able to get on and hammer something. :hammer: :hammer:
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby rmb79 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 pm

I take it then, that TS doesn't have any fowl life stickers on his rig? Better put out a description of the truck so he makes it on the safe list this year.
Go Pack, the Bears still SUCK!

Co-Founder of the S.B.A.M.F.W.C.
rmb79
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Yea, very little stickers on his rig lol! He will be a perfect kansan he shares our love for choad.
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
duckdozer
hunter

Postby topgun splash » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 am

First of all, we NEVER had to "Get birds" our dogs never missed a retrieve ( Our dogs are half brothers ) I ate your lunch while you slept. I told you, I DIDN'T FART! that was the cover scent Trophy Blend sent me! and last of all, it's impossible that I spit down the side of your truck, cause I left ALL my spit bottles in your truck, remember? you drank one once. LMAO!

Seriously though, if any of my new Kansas friends use, or would like to get Drake waterfowl equipment, Anthony has the best prices on all their line. 40-50% off right "T"?

I will miss you my brother, good luck today on the opener. maybe I can get a group together to come out that way someday. Make sure you post up some pic's here too. Semper Fi
"Western Extreme Waterfowl" Making memories,one shot at a time!
Precision waterfowl calls pro staff
"It's like playin' cards with my Sister's kids, you nerve rackin' son's a bitch's!"
topgun splash
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting