Marsh seat question

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Marsh seat question

Postby topgun splash » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 am

I was wondering how often hunter's here in Kansas use marsh seats. I know in Calif. it was a must for most refuge hunting, but hunting here is different.

The reason I ask is I designed a marsh seat for my boys and me, and it's been quite popular since. Over the years, I've been asked to either build some for guy's, or been asked for the design. Problem is, I'm afraid that if I give up my design, someone will produce it, or sell the design and make some good money off it.

It's a great design, cheaper than All the marsh seats on the market, and it adjusts and swivels. I made 3 for about $75.00, and have been asked by Refuge rats, waterfowl designs, and a couple others to give up the design, or mass produce it, and sell it. I never put this out to my Calif. hunters, simply because I did not trust anyone. I am not a good welder, but would love to build a couple more a see how they do.

Would anyone be interested in being involved in building a few more, and seeing where this goes?

Here's a picture of them:

Anyone interested, P.M. me, and we can get started!
"Western Extreme Waterfowl" Making memories,one shot at a time!
Precision waterfowl calls pro staff
"It's like playin' cards with my Sister's kids, you nerve rackin' son's a bitch's!"
topgun splash
hunter

Re: Marsh seat question

Postby EcatMagoo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Looks like a great design. We carry home made marsh seats with us on almost every hunt. But ours are just crappy little cut two by fours. Well done!
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby cONG » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:46 pm

:ditto: It cost me nothing and works good. But your is way nicer.
cONG
hunter

Postby 2bd » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:48 pm

looks like and avery marsh seat. except theirs has a hing on the seat. check it out.
2bd
hunter

Postby topgun splash » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I've seen, and used a avery. Avery has an aluminum swivel, 80% of them break, also they have alum. folding pegs, they break too.

The question was how often are they used out here,but your posts are noted. BTW- I made those 3 seats for about the cost of 1 avery seat.... Just saying. I think the cost was somewhere around $23.75 a piece. :thumbsup:
Last edited by topgun splash on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Western Extreme Waterfowl" Making memories,one shot at a time!
Precision waterfowl calls pro staff
"It's like playin' cards with my Sister's kids, you nerve rackin' son's a bitch's!"
topgun splash
hunter

Postby 2bd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:54 am

I have used mine quite a bit over the years. Pretty much anytime I am hunting in the marsh in water.
2bd
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting