BIG CHANGES TO DUCK SEASON THIS YEAR

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

BIG CHANGES TO DUCK SEASON THIS YEAR

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:28 pm

There are some rumors bouncing around that this year they are changing some duck regs.

"With approval of the Hunter's Choice regulations, hunters will have a five-duck limit instead of the traditional six that liberal regulations traditionally allow. Basically an aggregate limit, Hunter's Choice eliminates the "season within a season" for less abundant species such as pintails and canvasbacks. Hunters can have one mallard hen, one pintail or one canvasback in their five-bird bag."

Also hearing about a longer goose season. No complaints there.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby cONG » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:45 pm

cool longer geese season man nice thanks for the post

about the ducks it dozet mater i never get cheek out anyways
cONG
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:23 pm

Yeah, no complaints either about the possible longer goose season. Actually, no complaints on the five bird limit either. I think that is a good idea, maybe give the duck numbers a chance to catch back up to where they should be. I guess only time will tell.
Captain16
hunter

Postby waterfowl1964 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:53 pm

Duck numbers are'nt going to go back up until SD stops turning all their grassland into farm land.
waterfowl1964
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:56 pm

Yeah, unfortunately that is true. Sad to hear all the land being taken away.
Captain16
hunter

Postby webfeet » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 pm

each state in the central flyway was paired up with a neighbor and a coin was literally tossed to see which state stayed with the old regs and who has the new, it seems like a really sophisticated system,some would say KS lost the toss but i say we won, i wouldn't mind a fiver in all states without a coastline. they really need to let us shoot more canadians though
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby waterfowl1964 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:48 pm

Amen on the more Canadas. If they even stop around here this year. I'm not seeing much corn. Although they like beans too and the beans still look good. OK, don't start a waterfowl 1964 hunt or anything but I think this year I might voluntarily try to ease up on the ducks a little. Save some for the future.
waterfowl1964
hunter

Postby webfeet » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:20 pm

winter wheat is where its at and they always stop here,the ducks are what I'm worried about,i'm in a spot where if it rains i don't make much money, but the hunter in me wants to see it rain for forty days and forty nights :help:
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby waterfowl1964 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Oh, your an ark builder. I know what you mean. Paint contractor here. Hammer the geese, baby the ducks. Atleast for now.
waterfowl1964
hunter

Postby webfeet » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:41 am

likewise, i own Ketcham Painting Co., where's berryton? hope your making money this summer
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:16 pm

:withstupid: i really don't mind that i am more of a goose hunter anyways but don;t get me wrong i love hitting the ducks as well but i have slowed a bit the last couple of years i still organize some huge hunts with some of my buddies but not near as many for ducks
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting