Band

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Band

Postby cONG » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:59 pm

What doses everyone do to show off there bands. I dont wont to put it on my landyard. I dont have the duck to mount it to beside it was clean and in the trash, before we seen it.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
cONG
hunter

Re: Band

Postby EcatMagoo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I keep my two in my safe box and then I buy 100's of fake ones for my lanyard. :no:
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:23 am

I have three on my computer desk (I am looking at them right now), one is still in the shop where I clean the ducks (been there for two seasons, I'm lazy), and two are in a drawer somewhere (as I remember).
I do have the certificates framed and on my bedroom wall.
mudpack
hunter

Postby TBS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am

I think bands on a lanyard are pretty stupid.......basically because the icons in the "industry" do it. If it wern't for them, I'd probably be ok with it.

Here is what I've done in the past with duck bands.

I was lucky enough to get a few more over the past couple seasons, but I don't have any pics right off hand. Anyway, you get the picture.
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby Quakerattacker » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:33 pm

I have mine on my lanyard, I will tell you not to hang it in your vehicle because I have heard of idiot breaking in a vehicle to steal them. If you don't want to put it on your lanyard you can always wait until you kill a nice bird worthy of being mounted and stick it on it. Congrats by the way.
Quakerattacker
hunter

Postby cyoung24 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm

TBS wrote:I think bands on a lanyard are pretty stupid.......basically because the icons in the "industry" do it. If it wern't for them, I'd probably be ok with it.

Here is what I've done in the past with duck bands.

I was lucky enough to get a few more over the past couple seasons, but I don't have any pics right off hand. Anyway, you get the picture.

Great man cave, the only thing missing from the picture is a cold one. I've yet to be blessed with a band. Maybe this season. I've seen many collared geese this past summer all city birds.
cyoung24
hunter

Postby cONG » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:57 am

Nice looking mounts. What are the dates on your bands? Like how old
cONG
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Pretty sweet set up! My 1 goose band is on my lanyard....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby champer196 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I keep mine on my lanyard. Keeping them on the lanyard was popular waaay before all the"duck experts" on TV were doing it. But I must say that is a pretty sweet trophy room you have!
champer196
hunter

Postby Max4Holly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 pm

I just take the band and clip it to the side of my hat bill luckily I've only killed one band so far I think having more than a few on there would make me look like a d. Bag but I haven't seen anyone else around here do it.... most people probably assume it's fake anyway
Max4Holly
hunter

Postby Max4Holly » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:56 pm

I just take the band and clip it to the side of my hat bill luckily I've only killed one band so far I think having more than a few on there would make me look like a d. Bag but I haven't seen anyone else around here do it.... most people probably assume it's fake anyway
Max4Holly
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting