Fed up

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Fed up

Postby EcatMagoo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 am

I am so sick of local wildlife managers trying to make every single duck hunting hole easy to get to for lazy hunters.

Note to wild life managers: Stop mowing trails, building mounds that are eye sores, and telling everyone about all the hidden spots. If a guy is to lazy to find places without mowed trails or to incompetent to figure out how to hunt without huge man made mounds, they should just continue to set their lazy asses on the dikes like all the other bums. Please stop trying to make it so easy for them. Give those of us who are willing to bust our butts an opportunity to have a few places to ourselves.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Re: Fed up

Postby mudpack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 am

I hear and agree with you.
Unfortunately, refuge managers must respond to the majority of hunters. And the majority of hunters want it as easy as possible to shoot at a duck. Witness the number of hunters who are hunting 50 yards from their trucks......

Don't worry, there are still plenty of spots that take some work, some scouting, some effort to successfully hunt. Just don't set up too close to me. :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Postby FowlPwrcat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 pm

what they said...
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
FowlPwrcat
hunter

Postby OneLeggedDuck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Thinking about putting a camo wrap on my truck so I can just drive along the dikes and swat em on the water. Wait..theres no water. Looks like I can park right in the middle of the marsh now
OneLeggedDuck
hunter

Postby Goosegetter50 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:52 pm

EcatMagoo wrote:I am so sick of local wildlife managers trying to make every single duck hunting hole easy to get to for lazy hunters.

Note to wild life managers: Stop mowing trails, building mounds that are eye sores, and telling everyone about all the hidden spots. If a guy is to lazy to find places without mowed trails or to incompetent to figure out how to hunt without huge man made mounds, they should just continue to set their lazy asses on the dikes like all the other bums. Please stop trying to make it so easy for them. Give those of us who are willing to bust our butts an opportunity to have a few places to ourselves.

I dont know about anyone else but I hunt with a 67 year old man that cant get around very good and these mowed paths for the lazy asses you are referring to sure do make it alot easier for him to continue to hunt. Almost all of your post ecat rub me wrong you come across as a spoiled little bitch that has always got what he wanted after crying for a while. Everytime you post or reply to something it always about how you aren't benefitting from something. Myself I believe everyone should be able to hunt those areas in the backs of marshes that hold all the ducks even if it means mowing a trail for a guy that can barely walk in ankle high grass. My advise for you is to think before you run your mouth because you have pissed off a couple guys in our group that can't wait to come across you.
Goosegetter50
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Goosegetter50 wrote:
EcatMagoo wrote:I am so sick of local wildlife managers trying to make every single duck hunting hole easy to get to for lazy hunters.

I dont know about anyone else but I hunt with a 67 year old man that cant get around very good and these mowed paths for the lazy asses you are referring to sure do make it alot easier for him to continue to hunt. Almost all of your post ecat rub me wrong you come across as a spoiled little bitch that has always got what he wanted after crying for a while. Everytime you post or reply to something it always about how you aren't benefitting from something. Myself I believe everyone should be able to hunt those areas in the backs of marshes that hold all the ducks even if it means mowing a trail for a guy that can barely walk in ankle high grass. My advise for you is to think before you run your mouth because you have pissed off a couple guys in our group that can't wait to come across you.

Your post seems a bigtime over reaction but maybe my original post was an over reaction as well. I'll admit I was very frustrated when I made that post...... But I do understand that many opportunities should be available to all. My father is about 67 himself and I agree that access should be made available to multiple locations.

My point was that I feel certain wildlife managers are going overboard with making access too easy into every location. I think some places should be left wild and difficult to reach.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Goosegetter50 wrote:I dont know about anyone else but I hunt with a 67 year old man that cant get around very good and these mowed paths for the lazy asses you are referring to sure do make it alot easier for him to continue to hunt.

Your friend would have to stop hunting without mowed paths? I doubt it. (Perhaps every refuge should be nothing but handicap-accessable blinds?) In a year and a half I'll be one of those 67-year old hunters, and I sure don't want the refuges mowing paths for me. So, you're one of those guys who puts pressure on the managers to make it easy? :huh:

Easier to hunt? I think that is the point of Ecat's rant: making it easier to hunt is NOT necessary or desireable. It's easy enough now, without mowed paths and parking lots within 100yards of any spot on the refuge.....
Okay, my rant is done. :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Postby TBS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:21 am

mudpack wrote:
Goosegetter50 wrote:I dont know about anyone else but I hunt with a 67 year old man that cant get around very good and these mowed paths for the lazy asses you are referring to sure do make it alot easier for him to continue to hunt.

Your friend would have to stop hunting without mowed paths? I doubt it. (Perhaps every refuge should be nothing but handicap-accessable blinds?) In a year and a half I'll be one of those 67-year old hunters, and I sure don't want the refuges mowing paths for me. So, you're one of those guys who puts pressure on the managers to make it easy? :huh:

Easier to hunt? I think that is the point of Ecat's rant: making it easier to hunt is NOT necessary or desireable. It's easy enough now, without mowed paths and parking lots within 100yards of any spot on the refuge.....
Okay, my rant is done. :biggrin:

Well said mudack.

I regularly hunt with a gentleman who is 68 years old. He is more than willing to walk through some tall grass or mud to get away from other hunters. I think the issue here is that access should be made available to everyone. However, that doesn't mean access should be made available to everywhere.
Last edited by TBS on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:24 am

TBS wrote:[ I think the issue here is that access should be made available to everyone. However, that doesn't mean access should be made available to everywhere.

Well put. VERY well put.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting