Hunting Presure

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Hunting Presure

Postby kcduckslayer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:37 am

I was thinking about this last night while talking to my dog trainer on the phone. He said that every duck in the state is going to be on his property because he is the only one with any water (he pumps and hes in Oklahoma)

That got me thinking. You boys out in western kansas dont really have any water out there (I only know what you tell me) Does this mean that KC is going to have the extra pressure of the westerners?

And if things are dry enough in and around KC this is going to limit the number of marshes and places to hunt.

With all the added pressure, maybe I will sit this season out!!! Or just get a bullet proof vest and shoot back :toofunny:
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:50 am

I don't think you will see an increase from Western KS people. Most people west of Topeka hunt on Private land. I had never hunted public until I moved to KC.

What you will see is the same number of hunters hunting smaller areas. Most people don't care and will set up right on top of you. There will be more compatition for the same number of ducks... in a more concentrated area.
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:34 pm

Yeah, I don't really think you will notice any westerners up that way as well. Sounds like the only water around out here is the larger reservoirs or rivers that have some water in them. It is going to be interesting though if we don't get some pond filler rains out this way. People are going to be stacked and stacked on top of each other. Going to have do a bit more exploring this year I believe to find huntable waters were you don't have to worry about all the competition.
Captain16
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:48 pm

i don't know how far west you are talking about but way way west less waster is nice nice for some hunters if you have water you have birds some of the best hunts i had all year where out by dogde city...
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting