Drake LST Waders

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Drake LST Waders

Postby yellowflocker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 am

Has anyone here had experience with the Drake LST Waders?
yellowflocker
hunter

Re: Drake LST Waders

Postby browningA5 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm

ive had 2 pair, over last two years, they only have one HUGE problem the seams will stretch and start to leak. this is only problem ive ever had. besides that they are amazing, i ride 4 wheelers and ride in boat alot and have never put a hole in them. they are very tuff waders. just need to fix the seam problem.
wait, wait, wait, TAKE EM
browningA5
hunter

Postby TBS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:57 pm

browningA5 wrote:ive had 2 pair, over last two years, they only have one HUGE problem the seams will stretch and start to leak. this is only problem ive ever had. besides that they are amazing, i ride 4 wheelers and ride in boat alot and have never put a hole in them. they are very tuff waders. just need to fix the seam problem.

I agree. Other than leaking seams in the crotch area, they are great. Of course, I've yet to find ANY pair of waders that doesn't eventually leak at the seams. I pretty much plan on going through atleast 1 or 2 pairs each season. At the price they charge for waders, make dang sure you get a warranty or free replacement.

Good luck.
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:25 am

So really what you were saying is that they arent ough at all because they leak with NO punctures. STAY AWAY FROM THEM, I havent owned them because I have seen 4 pair leak 2-3 weeks into season. Buy Cabelas brand waders they are tough.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby yellowflocker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I am feeling a little gun shy on the deal. I want something that will last a long time if I am gonna buy it. Appreciate the replies. Have a great season!
yellowflocker
hunter

Postby hunter_ed » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 pm

I have owned a pair, and three of my buddies have owned a pair. Of the four pairs only one held up longer than one season. The pair that did last the longest went about a month into the second season and shot craps. NOT WORTH THE PRICE....
hunter_ed
hunter

Postby rank duck » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 am

how can waders that leak be considered "great" when the primary purpose of waders is to keep you dry?

Waders with a reputation - a widely known reputation - for leaking are garbage in my book!
'Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh!t by the clean end.'
rank duck
hunter

Postby NC hunter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 am

Two buddy's had them...they both leaked in the first season. They switched to Cabelas brand- which is what I use. Cabelas "Ultimate" waders- I have two pair- one pair is 5 years old and still not leaking, the other pair is 2 years old and still not leaking.....
NC hunter
hunter

Drake LST Waders

Postby DanJeffandJack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 am

Cabelas. Only waders that don't have a leaky rep
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby OneLeggedDuck » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:31 am

Replaced 2 pairs of them last season because the seams at the knees split open. Drake needs to do a better job engineering those if they expect you to pay upwards of $300 for a pair. Bought Cabelas brand - no leaks thus far.
OneLeggedDuck
hunter

Drake LST Waders

Postby Luladucks1 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:15 am

Cabelas warranty! No brainier!
Luladucks1
DHC Sponsor

Postby quackattack1991 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 am

Go with some Mack's PW waders.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby Goosegetter50 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:41 pm

I have a pair so far i haven't had any issues this is the second season, but i am kind of nervous reading some of these post. I have a pair of cabelas waders for back ups just in case. Heck just buy you a good pair of rubber boots for this year i havent found any water deeper than my ankle's.
Goosegetter50
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:01 am

You guys that say you go through 1-2 pairs of waders a season...how is that even possible? I am on my 5th or 6th season in my Red Head Bone Dry waders and have yet to have a problem. I hunt somewhere around 40 days a season and wear my waders every time I go out.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby billythekid » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 am

T Man wrote:You guys that say you go through 1-2 pairs of waders a season...how is that even possible? I am on my 5th or 6th season in my Red Head Bone Dry waders and have yet to have a problem. I hunt somewhere around 40 days a season and wear my waders every time I go out.

I was wondering the same thing... Maybe some folks are just bustin the seams a little too much. May be time to break down and get the stout waders.
billythekid
hunter

Postby TBS » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

T Man wrote:You guys that say you go through 1-2 pairs of waders a season...how is that even possible? I am on my 5th or 6th season in my Red Head Bone Dry waders and have yet to have a problem. I hunt somewhere around 40 days a season and wear my waders every time I go out.

I hunt about 70 days per season and wear waders EVERY time out. I'd say part of the problem is the way we hunt and the places we hunt. However, almost every single member of our group has leaky seams in the crotch area on just about every brand of waders we try. Cabelas, Hodgman, Lacrosse, Drake, and Macks PW.....all leak eventually.

I've found that many guys who join us for a hunt at one particular spot figure out their waders leak after standing in the water for a few hours. I've had several experiences where just walking a bit to set and pick up decoys guys rarely notice a leak, but stand in waist deep water for a few hours and even the smallest pinhole will get you wet.
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting