Old School

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Old School

Postby duckschooler » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:07 pm

I got to thinking how much this forum has changed since I first joined, so much negativity, bitching, gloom and doom. The reason I joined was to share my thoughts, successes, failures and any knowledge I had now the forum has done a 180 and no longer what it was intended for. I learned alot from reading everyone's posts tips, ideas, philosophies and experience used to be shared and if you didn't have anything nice to say you didn't reply. Posts were positive and everyone got along for the most part, now this forum has really changed. You can try to blame it on numerous factors but really is this a place to be negative and bitch and moan? Just on my soapbox but really I don't enjoy this forum like I used to. Has anyone else noticed this and by anyone I mean people that have been on here for 4 or 5yrs? Our state's duck hunting population is represented in this forum and really after looking at other states we are a bunch of whiny, hot heads with a hatred for any hunter that wasn't born here. I have out of state tags but lived here all my life, the automatic conclusions you draw just because of an OOS tag is ridiculous. Next time you see an OOS tag think of the person not the tag origin.
#flock'em
duckschooler
hunter

Re: Old School

Postby TBS » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:09 am

duckschooler wrote:I got to thinking how much this forum has changed since I first joined, so much negativity, bitching, gloom and doom. The reason I joined was to share my thoughts, successes, failures and any knowledge I had now the forum has done a 180 and no longer what it was intended for. I learned alot from reading everyone's posts tips, ideas, philosophies and experience used to be shared and if you didn't have anything nice to say you didn't reply. Posts were positive and everyone got along for the most part, now this forum has really changed. You can try to blame it on numerous factors but really is this a place to be negative and bitch and moan? Just on my soapbox but really I don't enjoy this forum like I used to. Has anyone else noticed this and by anyone I mean people that have been on here for 4 or 5yrs? Our state's duck hunting population is represented in this forum and really after looking at other states we are a bunch of whiny, hot heads with a hatred for any hunter that wasn't born here. I have out of state tags but lived here all my life, the automatic conclusions you draw just because of an OOS tag is ridiculous. Next time you see an OOS tag think of the person not the tag origin.

So, you start a thread to complain and whine about complaining and whining? :huh: I guess the good part is that we live in a free country and if you don't enjoy coming to this forum any longer, you don't have to.

I certainly don't speak for everyone, but I feel very few Kansans are anti-OOSer. You may percieve things that way, but I doubt it is really the core issue at hand. What I think many people have become frustrated with is the policies and actions of our elected officials that place little if any consideration towards the resident hunter and the management of the resource. They have made it clear through their actions over the past 4-5 years that the focus is "tourism revenue" not hunting, fishing, or any other sort of recreation opportunity. If you can look past the perception of anti-OOSer, you might find that many guys, myself included regularly hunt with guys from other states. I personally hold no animosity towards a waterfowler from another state. I do, however hold animosity towards KDWP$T and the current administration for their lack of attention to the folks in KS who elected them in the first place.

And, one last thought......If you live in KS and have for all your life, why do you have non-resident tags? Tax evasion perhaps? You might want to reconsider your criticism of others before you come on a public internet forum and admit you are breaking state law :hammer: ........just a thought, carry on!
Last edited by TBS on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 am

I'm afraid I have to agree with TBS.

You are complaining about complaining? :huh:

Four or five years ago, Kansans didn't have their elected representatives doing all they can to entice hunters from other states to come share Kansas' resources. Four or five years ago, half the trucks parked close to the good areas weren't wearing OOS plates. That's why the forum isn't the same as it was 4 or 5 years ago.
NONE of us like it, my friend. The way the state has changed, the way the world has changed, the way your forum has changed. If you don't care to participate in the change...to support it or to fight it...then feel free to try another forum.
It ain't the people here that's wrong, it's the world we find ourselves living (and hunting) in.
mudpack
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 pm

TBS wrote:
duckschooler wrote:I got to thinking how much this forum has changed since I first joined, so much negativity, bitching, gloom and doom. The reason I joined was to share my thoughts, successes, failures and any knowledge I had now the forum has done a 180 and no longer what it was intended for. I learned alot from reading everyone's posts tips, ideas, philosophies and experience used to be shared and if you didn't have anything nice to say you didn't reply. Posts were positive and everyone got along for the most part, now this forum has really changed. You can try to blame it on numerous factors but really is this a place to be negative and bitch and moan? Just on my soapbox but really I don't enjoy this forum like I used to. Has anyone else noticed this and by anyone I mean people that have been on here for 4 or 5yrs? Our state's duck hunting population is represented in this forum and really after looking at other states we are a bunch of whiny, hot heads with a hatred for any hunter that wasn't born here. I have out of state tags but lived here all my life, the automatic conclusions you draw just because of an OOS tag is ridiculous. Next time you see an OOS tag think of the person not the tag origin.

So, you start a thread to complain and whine about complaining and whining? :huh: I guess the good part is that we live in a free country and if you don't enjoy coming to this forum any longer, you don't have to.

I certainly don't speak for everyone, but I feel very few Kansans are anti-OOSer. You may percieve things that way, but I doubt it is really the core issue at hand. What I think many people have become frustrated with is the policies and actions of our elected officials that place little if any consideration towards the resident hunter and the management of the resource. They have made it clear through their actions over the past 4-5 years that the focus is "tourism revenue" not hunting, fishing, or any other sort of recreation opportunity. If you can look past the perception of anti-OOSer, you might find that many guys, myself included regularly hunt with guys from other states. I personally hold no animosity towards a waterfowler from another state. I do, however hold animosity towards KDWP$T and the current administration for their lack of attention to the folks in KS who elected them in the first place.

And, one last thought......If you live in KS and have for all your life, why do you have non-resident tags? Tax evasion perhaps? You might want to reconsider your criticism of others before you come on a public internet forum and admit you are breaking state law :hammer: ........just a thought, carry on!

my computer froze up this am with almost this exact post ready to post. :beer:
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby Quakerattacker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm

TBS wrote:

So, you start a thread to complain and whine about complaining and whining? :huh: I guess the good part is that we live in a free country and if you don't enjoy coming to this forum any longer, you don't have to

I couldn't agree more. I hunt out of state some and I don't blame people coming to our state. It is a two way street. I hope you all been killing birds I'm still waiting for the opener in the SE Zone. I hope my leases don't freeze up during deer season I'm going to get to hunt them like 3 times max before then.
Last edited by Quakerattacker on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quakerattacker
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Before you clown your own state, you should take a look at californias forum. I've learned to take it all in strideand have fun with it. If it's something nworthy of your time, just don't reply to it.
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting