i want to know how you did on dove hunting

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

i want to know how you did on dove hunting

Postby cONG » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:25 pm

so i went out sept 1 and got 8, lost 2 easy to do hunting on a sunflower field that ben brushed hoged. I like to go to a milo field i heard thay messed them up

how did you all do

Edited by kcduckslayer
cONG
hunter

Postby webfeet » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:33 am

three limits in three days for four guys, i go down to kay county every year for opening day/weekend, kinda a tradition of good ole okies, lots of shootin, and good scotch :salude:
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby webfeet » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:17 am

three limits in three days for four guys, i go down to kay county every year for opening day/weekend, kinda a tradition of good ole okies, lots of shootin, and good scotch :salude:
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Webfeet, where did you hunt. I used to live in Ponca City, which is in Kay county. :salude:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

oh-so-Ponca...

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:40 am

ohsobad -
Hey, my bro has a place down on Kaw... I've been contemplating scouting that for some possibilities on ducks. When I go down in the summer, I see some nice looking spots, but he's not much of a hunter so he hasn;t been able to tell me too much... get much flying through there using the lake? I have a place down there whenever I need it, just don't know if it's a ducky lake or not.
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Re: oh-so-Ponca...

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:29 am

KS_PuddleJumper wrote:ohsobad -
Hey, my bro has a place down on Kaw... I've been contemplating scouting that for some possibilities on ducks. When I go down in the summer, I see some nice looking spots, but he's not much of a hunter so he hasn;t been able to tell me too much... get much flying through there using the lake? I have a place down there whenever I need it, just don't know if it's a ducky lake or not.

Oh yeah...it has been pretty dag gome dry, but Kaw is fed by a large river (Arkansas) so they can raise the lake level pretty much any time they want to. Kaw will hold a pretty good population of birds. They drop the lake and fly sead millet up in the flat areas and then they bring the water back up into the millet for hunting season. Makes for some good shooting, but you do need a boat to get back up in there.
:salude:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby webfeet » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:01 pm

ohsobad, we typically hunt around peckham, people down there are alot easier about lettin guys shoot doves on their land than they are around here, as far as kaw goes its always been great huntin, just takes some scouting
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Webfeet, you plan on going hunting anywhere this week or weekend for dove or teal? I would like to join up with you sometime and hopefully get a few birds? I was thinking about heading out to Cheney today to see if I could find a few doves, but never had the chance.
Captain16
hunter

Postby webfeet » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:13 pm

captain, i can go dove huntin fri. evening, i have my daughters 4th sat and a wedding sat night, so sun morn might be rough, sun night is a go though for dove, i have a spot south of belle plaine thats fullproof just got home from there, shot a limit. haven't had time to scout teal so i don't know about that, wish i did though, halper911 might come through with something with the teal, he just got on with WFD and is in training and testing though, you might know something about that. since i have no idea about PM heres my email candice7403@sbcglobal.net, lets go kill something!
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:35 am

did pretty good opening weekend. i always go and hunt with my cousins we got all 75 between the five of us. (four of us were done early but the last one wasn't shooting very well so the rest of us sat back and had a couple laughs. over all it was a great hunt
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting