is there a better time of year?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

is there a better time of year?

Postby webfeet » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:41 pm

teal seasons over, big ducks are about to start, bow seasons in 5 days, so is turkey, almost a month away from cocks & quail, one good freeze away from good rabbit huntin, squirrels are beggin to be shot, trout fishin here in 2 weeks, and my annual trip to the white rivers 1 week away, playoff baseball (even though the mariners aren't there), college football: WA state has only lost one game, friday nights in derby (i know they're not gonna win a game again this year), shockers are practicing they're next run, i'm planning my trip back home for elk, seaduck, & grouse huntin. it truly is a time to look up to the heavens and thank God that we are men, a time to revel in the fact that we are husbands (ex-husbands in my case), fathers (captain being the newest), grandfathers, uncles, sons, and brothers in this world of politics, terrorism, war, and times of uncertainty, but at the base of everything we are a few who have 1 thing in common, we are able to go and kill what we need, a truly beautiful thing. so i tip my glass to us and all of our good hunts this year. what a good time to be something very few around the world are able to say. an american man. :salude:
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:21 am

Amen to that Webfeet! :salude: It is a truly amazing time of year as we somehow patiently wait for all of the great seasons to arrive. Weather is changing, trees changing, animals changing, all part of Gods great world!

Great time of year for Sports as well, well almost, if I could just get my Chicago Cubbies to finally make it to a world series, and well the Wildcats, if they could get Coach Snyder back, things would be all better! :toofunny:

Sounds like you are going to be a busy man the next couple of months Webfeet. Although a fun busy it sounds. I know things are going to be a bit busier this year with my wife and I with lil Garrett. He just turned one month old yesterday and I wish he was a bit older so I can get him into the blind, but I know my time will be here soon enough. What an awesome addition God has given us.

Good luck to everyone this year on their hunts and I look forward to hopefully being able to make it out with more of you guys this year on some hunts. Always remember.....keep it safe! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am

:salude: to both of you guys .... is a great time of the year
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hooper911 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 pm

quit typing so much and learn how to use those duck call i gave u!!!!
take em!!!!!!!!!!!!
hooper911
hunter

Postby webfeet » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:28 pm

quit sitting down to pee and we can have a serious conversation. are you gonna be able to come to arkansas on the 13th? and i think i gave you the call.
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting