Possible Dates for Upcoming Season

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: Possible Dates for Upcoming Season

Postby westksbowhunter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:44 pm

There were less hunters at St Paul last year than I can ever remember since I began hunting over there. I am sure the lack of water kept people from hunting but for the most part it was pretty enjoyable. Always a few idiots though.
westksbowhunter
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Guys, Ive read all the posts and all of you have valid points, BUT theres no way everyone can be happy, Id voice my opinion but its just that another opinion. I tend to lean towards what the professional biologists recommend. Im just happy that the Ducks have came back in population and we are allowed to shoot 6 birds although the limit isn't what waterfowling is all about, I remember the days of a 3 bird limit with no shooting of Cans, hen mallards, woodies and 1 goose was it. also getting that goose was as hard as pulling teeth and just to see a flock was a bonus, white geese where unheard of and the number of days was around 57. I think we are all a bit spoiled with the liberal limits and the number of hunting days I thought we would never see. Lets all agree to be better sportsman in the waterfowling world and to enjoy the rich tradition our former waterfowlers have passed to us
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby radfordc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm

OK...it's getting real now. Just bought my new duck stamps!
radfordc
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting