Anyone Turkey Hunting?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Anyone Turkey Hunting?

Postby Captain16 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:03 pm

Haven't heard anyone mention any turkey hunting yet, just wondered if any of you have gone, or even hunt them? I have been trying for the past year or two and haven't even seen one! :thumbsdown: Of course I see them all the time when I am driving, but never when I try and go hunting for them. My problem is that I always have to hunt public land, and it seems like that makes it a bit harder. I am still learning too, as I am trying to teach myself? Oh well, just wondered if anyone else has been out for the fall season?
Captain16
hunter

Postby wigeon1040 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:12 pm

I haven't been out in Kansas but I did a lot of Turkey hunting in Michigan, the tip I learned when hunting public land is once you have an idea of where you are going to hunt the trick is the night before you go out to the spot and put the birds to bed. It will give you a big edge to the others out there who don't do such a thing because you'll know where the birds are roosting, aka can set up right near them so you can be the lucky one to bag that big Tom. Good luck if you make it out :thumbsup:
wigeon1040
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:42 pm

i have never hunted public land so i can imagine that that would be alot harder. but as far being very hard to hunt i have never noticed this :thumbsup:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cONG » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:49 pm

i plan on kill me some dame hens theres way to many of them and there so stuped every time i think im going to kill this 2 year old bird its hendup i hate turkeys
cONG
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:45 pm

cONG wrote:i plan on kill me some dame hens theres way to many of them and there so stuped every time i think im going to kill this 2 year old bird its hendup i hate turkeys

:toofunny:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby webfeet » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:22 am

captain, get ahold of me, falls my centerfold, it'll have to be during the week though, my weekends are full of music right now :salude:
"why are they landing over there?"
"hold my gun, i can't steer"
WAR WAZZU!!!
webfeet
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:50 am

Normally we just shoot ours the opening weekend of pheasant season if their open... Easier to clean everything at once...
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:09 pm

webfeet wrote:captain, get ahold of me, falls my centerfold, it'll have to be during the week though, my weekends are full of music right now :salude:

Heck yeah, I would like to go out with a pro sometime to see how it's really done! I might be able to scrounge up some time next week. I will have to see what mom and baby have planned! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting