Low water

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Low water

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:15 am

I had the dog out at the local Res last night working her and man it's low. I threw out there bump as far as I could and she didn't even have to swim for it. She ran the whole way out to it every time. :thumbsdown: Where there was water two weeks ago there is 10 yards of mud. You won't be able to hid a boat out there or even get very far up into the north end of the lake because it's so shallow. Opener is going to crowded and interesting...
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:45 am

Yeah, I tell ya, it's not looking real good anywhere. I was hoping we would get some 2-3 rain days in a row to help out, but doesn't look like that is going to happen. Looks like we will have to wait for the spring thunderstorms to provide us with hopefully some rain for next year.
Captain16
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:58 am

that is about what it looks like most places around here too :thumbsdown: not pretty but i am sure we will make the best we can of it and it will be fun either way and i am sure the ducks will come in but crowds that is the big thing and is really going to mess with some places.
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hunter20046667 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:35 am

well guys it looks like this season might be interesting for sure .
with little or no water , the olny ones that are going to get on birds are going to be the ones that do thier scouting and are willing to go that extra yard to get to em . its going to seperate the real duck hunters from the want to be duck hunters ... so all you whinners just stay home for the opener an let us real hunters get on em :smile: im seeing ducks every where theres water .
killem all let the cook sortem out, umm good
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:20 am

Sounds like all of KS has a good chance of rain the next 2 days. Good chance of some Strong Thunderstorms in South Central KS anyways. Hopefully we get some good rain for this weekends opener. Is everyone ready to get out and get some birds?
Captain16
hunter

Postby hunter20046667 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:01 am

oh ya :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: we are ,theres been some more birds arriving this week at an area that im not allowed to tell :smile: i just hope they are not just restting then moveing on down the line .the water is low and theres not much to eat there ,so many things to do an no time to do it . :salude: :thumbsup:
hunter20046667
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:03 am

where there is water there will be birds and that is where I'll be :getdown:
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby SpringHill Duckman » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:46 am

Drove by a bunch of ponds this morning and they are full and overflowing with both Ducks and Water.... Things changed big over night. Now... will they stay until morning... :getdown: I think they will!!!!
You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!
SpringHill Duckman
hunter

Postby hunter20046667 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:56 am

oh ya we got us some water now guys :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
here in ottawa we had an inch an a half of rain last nite and more to come today . the pumps may just start running again at the marshes .
everyone have a good safe hunt tomorow and lets see some pics on here of the results. :salude: :thumbsup:
hunter20046667
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting