Good Luck this weekend!

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Good Luck this weekend!

Postby Captain16 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 pm

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone. Have a fun and safe weekend!
Captain16
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 pm

yeah, time to go lay in bed and at least try and sleep... a few hours to go, attending to the final details, coffee's on the timer... sinews of war carefully packed in the trailer, just enough room left for Spring Hill's goose decoys... I think I'm ready. GOOD LUCK LATE ZONERS! Look forward to hearing how everyone does tomorrow...
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:25 pm

Hey captain, how'ld things turn out for you?
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby Captain16 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Well, I didn't make it out to the Bottoms like I had wanted. They guys I ended up going with didn't want to head out there so we ended up going just west of town, and the four of us only ended up getting 3 redheads and 1 teal. Saw quite a few birds, just in huge flocks and we couldn't end up breaking any off of them. Guess the weather is just too nice right now. Ended up having a fun time of course, but more birds would have been nice as well. How did you end up doing?
Captain16
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:10 pm

I ended up staying close to home. My buddy and I ended up getting 1-shoveler, 2 gads, and 2 widgeons. Should of had more but it was nice just getting out. It's alot of work sometimes to hunt the bottoms sometimes it's nice to go out and relax. Even if you don't see as many birds. Glad to hear you didn't get skunked. :salude: Hope you have a little more luck next time though.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Hunted this morning...
Started off with a group of 6 widgeon hanging over the dekes at first light. One shot killed a drake widgeon and a hen widgeon. Next group to decoy was 4 gaddies. One shot and a nice drake was down. Then a group of 3 mallards, one more shot and a hen (oops) mallard hit the water. Took a little bit longer and a group of mallards decoyed. One more shot and a beautiful drake mallard hit the water. 7 shells to get 5 ducks wasnt too bad.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting