Michael Pearce: Wildlife and Parks Commission needs to repre

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: Michael Pearce: Wildlife and Parks Commission needs to r

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:36 pm

happyjack96 wrote:How does a guy like Budd get appointed anyway? It's obvious that he's had plenty of negative history within the state...why would our governor appoint him? There is way too much 'back room' chatter taking place I think......the dirty deals that are being negotiated throughout our government need to go. There is no other explanation as to why some of these people get appointed.

This was where I was educated. X amount of members have to come from the party not in power. Budd is a democrat. They did not know him so they go off of advice from senators, house members, etc. Kim said that when they took office a guy called and asked where to send the check. They had no idea what he was talking about. He said last time his wife wanted on the wildlife commission all they had to do was send a check. Thats likely the reason there were very few actually outdoorsmen on previous commissions. She did say it I knew any democrats or independants to have them send in there resume, and in the event they get re elected they can kick Budd to the curb. She also said the Secretary Jennison had a "come to Jesus" meeting with the Commissioners involved. Keep writing letters and emails. Lets get this grass roots effort rolling.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr43 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:26 am

MHO, the Idea of the SE Zone was a great one but the implementation was faulty. I am lucky, I am retired, not working, so I can travel, scout etc.... What about the average hunter that works 5 days a week, cannot scout much but has access to places he historically hunts up in the northern reaches and gets birds? I guess the average hunter can always use the internet and the waterfowl count to scout :lol3: I hunt a lot of the Northern fringes and some places south 20+ miles or so, yes they freeze up earlier than down south. I do lose hunting days up north. The Commission should have used Hwy 54 as the northern border, We would have had the best of both worlds. So we are stuck with this map for a total of 5 years. I for one am hoping they redraw the line when they can. So what line would you all draw on the map????
wtrfwlr43
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:09 pm

ks_waterfowler wrote:I sent a letter to the governor last week. I received a call today from the lady that deals with his appointments. Learned some things and educated her on some others. The commission needs to have x amount of the party in power, then x amount of independants/ other party. She is going to set me up with a phone conversation with Secretary Jennison. She did say if Brownback gets re elected that Commissioner Budd would not get reappointed.

Wow ! I will say you are relentless. It`s evidently not enough for you to flit from forum to forum calling names ,insulting people and creating controversy you have now taken up writing poison pen letters and trying to get the man`s job. I`m sure the puppet-master Michael Pierce is very proud of his little minion. But even for you this is a new level of viciousness and hopefully you have gone a bridge to far. It`s pretty serious s**t when you start putting your character assignations and lies in letter form and sending them to a man`s boss . Especially when the truth of the issue is exposed (and it will be ) and shows that Commissioner Budd represents a sizable and growing majority of the hunters with regard to the SE zone existence and hunting schedule . I will thank you though for posting Kim`s address it helped me make sure I got the information she needs to see, to the right person. Just so you know I have sent Kim Borchers a copy of the the entire Michael Pierce thread with all the posts including your posting up phony numbers in an attempt to make it appear as if Commissioner Budd was forcing the issue from a minority position . Deceitful at best. I also included a sampling of many of your more malicious name calling posts including your death wish post to Ecat . They will make great reading in the governors office and give Jennison some talking points when you get that call . I think they speak volumes to your character and credibility don`t you . I also copied all the material mentioned above to commissioner Budd`s KDWP mailbox . He deserves to know that you have taken your crusade to a whole new level and are coming for his job . I hope he marshals his sizable resources and political connections to come for your job . Don`t worry though I`m sure your safe I doubt he has any desire to be a security guard.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:38 pm

John , it appears youre a Budd supporter and that's fine, but, I think its more than the dates of the season that has some people upset. I personally could care less what the dates are in the Southeast area of the state, its the arrogance of Budd and Marshall that pisses me off. If Budd wouldn't of said , We can do whatever we want perhaps so many people wouldn't be asking for the removal. Hes not the first person to stick his foot in his mouth in a committee meeting and have to pay the piper later. Also this is a committee that is supposed to do the best for the Outdoors folks of Kansas and not a political arena where by they vote using the pat my back and Ill pat your system. We have enough of that BS in this country as it is.

You support Budd all you want, Ill support removeing him and perhaps even Marshall, if you want to bad mouth me as you have another member of this forum, have a nice day. You Johnson County fellows have bad mouthed us Sedgwick County Fellows for years ROFLOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr43 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:18 am

I too sent a letter to the Governor, a week or so before KSwtrfwlr. I know of several others that have. I talked to Kim also and let her know my frustrations with Commissioners Budd and Marshall. I told her it would be a waste of my time to talk to Secretary Jennison as KWPT must being feeling the same frustration as I was. It looked to me that KWPT was looking out for all hunters of the state and the Budd and Marshall just get what they want. I did not go to the commission meeting but I read the whole minutes that was posted just after the meeting. Read like a good ol' boys club.
John you can add me to your hit list also.
wtrfwlr43
hunter

Postby ksgoosekilr » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:54 am

Somebody must be off their meds....add me to the list as well
ksgoosekilr
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:56 pm

[quote
wtrfwlr43 wrote:John you can add me to your hit list also.

You support Budd all you want, Ill support removeing him and perhaps even Marshall, if you want to bad mouth me as you have another member of this forum, have a nice day. You Johnson County fellows have bad mouthed us Sedgwick County Fellows for years ROFLOL[/quote]

First off I have never bad mouthed any one on this forum, check the archives.I quoted him and called into question his behavior towards fellow forum members. If it was uncomfortable hearing then perhaps it will make him realize what people must feel like when he calls them retards ,morons,dickmunchs and all the other assorted names he directs at his fellow hunters. Putting a death wish upon a member of this forum because he had different opinion ,the guy is operating in a moral vacuum. I respect your right to your opinion regarding Budd /Marshall but am surprised at what sounds like support for this members activities . For the six years I have been a member of this forum he has operated with impunity insulting and name calling across a variety of waterfowl forums . I find it hard to believe that anyone could condone that type of activity. As far as the Jo. county remark goes I have no idea what you are talking about, I had no idea where you live and don`t harbor any parochial attitudes about where people reside . In fact Sedgwick County/Wichita holds some of my fondest memories from high school. We went to State tournament there three straight yrs . Wyandotte H.S. We had a blast there. As far as commissioner Budd goes I have never met him . I don`t know if his voice is to loud ,if you have been told he is arrogant , or if he has just rubbed you the wrong way, he is responsible for the inception and promotion of the SE zone and I support his work there. It is something I personally felt was desperately needed to accommodate a later migration pattern in the eastern portion of our state . It is obviously working as an ever larger percentage of hunters supported the later start ,straight thru January schedule . Utilizing the varied zone schedules hunters can hunt straight thru from OCT . to the end of January . I personally find that appealing. With regard to Marshall , as an avid goose hunter I also was disappointed to see Marshall`s motion approved . As has been pointed out it moved what was generally considered prime time days into a much less productive time frame . Perhaps thru solicitation and reasoning our commissioners will reverse that change for next season.
Wtrfwlr43 / ksgoosekilr There exists no hit list. Before you judge me or declare me your adversary go back thru any of my 400 plus posts and see if there is even one instance of me bad mouthing anyone . I would much rather share duck/goose hunting stories than engage in this political wrangling . When I joined this forum six years ago ks Waterfowler nailed me so hard in one of my first posts that the moderator had to step in and delete his post . A couple of members including Captain16 out of Wichita posted up and apologized for his actions or I would have probably quit right then. My infraction I recall was referencing an eastern Ks. reservoir that was enjoying some great hunting. I was green and didn`t know I was in forbidden territory . Instead of counseling me on the importance of not disclosing locations he went anal on me. If you`ve ever had your face slapped real hard you`ll know how I felt . I`ve been watching him go anal on other people ever since . Perhaps one day in the future you`ll become one of his victims and be forced to reconsider your views. Have a great day .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:23 pm

I have to say I am stunned that forum members are making "hit lists" type of statements about John. Its true that he has never verbally attacked anyone on this website before speaking out against one particular member who, in my personal opinion, should have been banned from this site a LONG time ago. John has always been the voice of reason and one of the most respected members of this forum.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby FowlPwrcat » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Doesnt sounds reasonable in this thread.

John, you frequently beat around the bush and never forget to mention how the creation of the SE zone helps us all follow and hunt the migration more effectively. Myself and many others will say the same.

THE ONLY THING people are saying is BS is the commissioners ATTITUDE! Not necessarily his policy.

Could be wrong but thats how i read it....

I am sure your a great guy, and you have a way with words, but lets focus on the issue here...
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
FowlPwrcat
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Here's my take on the SE zone. John mentioned it and I couldn't agree more. The SE zone allows Kansas duck hunters to hunt from mid September until the end of January with only 1 week off. If you live in the SE zone and you don't like it my advice is... "Go west young man... go west"
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm

John, I respect your opinion and support of Budd, BUT, there are several things that from my humble view point appear to me as bad mouthing the forum member. Your accusation of him,"taken up writing poison pen letters " to me, is unfounded, you have no idea what was written in the letter, unless of course you have a copy of it. Also, you're accusing him of calling people names and insulting them, Is your label of calling Michael Pearce a Puppet Master not name calling and insulting? Please note I neither know the forum member or wish to debate his past posts and the only thing Im doing is voicing my support of his cause to have Budd removed from the commission. As for my statement of Johnson county fellow bad mouthing Sedgwick county fellows, that goes from years ago in the political arena of the state, and the differences of ideas between state representatives from the two counties. It was meant as a jest that's why I followed with ROFLOL

As Fowlpwrcat states THE ONLY THING people are saying is BS is the commissioners ATTITUDE! Not necessarily his policy.

I am sure your a great guy, and you have a way with words, but lets focus on the issue here

From my position he summed it up perfect
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr43 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 am

John O`Neal wrote:
ks_waterfowler wrote: I think they speak volumes to your character and credibility don`t you . I also copied all the material mentioned above to commissioner Budd`s KDWP mailbox . He deserves to know that you have taken your crusade to a whole new level and are coming for his job . I hope he marshals his sizable resources and political connections to come for your job . Don`t worry though I`m sure your safe I doubt he has any desire to be a security guard.

John with this statement I thought you had a Hit List. To talk about taking away a man's way of making a living, WOW! I read the post and I know there are some issues here about past transgressions but now it seems there is a vendetta of sorts.

I am in favor of the SE Zone, it was and is a great thing for the hunters of this state. That being said I just believe the boundaries are just to far North. I know they can't be changed for a few more years. I hope when they can they will redraw the boundaries.
wtrfwlr43
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:29 pm

cluckmeister wrote:John, I respect your opinion and support of Budd, BUT, there are several things that from my humble view point appear to me as bad mouthing the forum member. Your accusation of him,"taken up writing poison pen letters " to me, is unfounded, you have no idea what was written in the letter, unless of course you have a copy of it. Also, you're accusing him of calling people names and insulting them, Is your label of calling Michael Pearce a Puppet Master not name calling and insulting? Please note I neither know the forum member or wish to debate his past posts and the only thing Im doing is voicing my support of his cause to have Budd removed from the commission. As for my statement of Johnson county fellow bad mouthing Sedgwick county fellows, that goes from years ago in the political arena of the state, and the differences of ideas between state representatives from the two counties. It was meant as a jest that's why I followed with ROFLOL

As Fowlpwrcat states THE ONLY THING people are saying is BS is the commissioners ATTITUDE! Not necessarily his policy.

I am sure your a great guy, and you have a way with words, but lets focus on the issue here

From my position he summed it up perfect

John with this statement I thought you had a Hit List. To talk about taking away a man's way of making a living, WOW! I read the post and I know there are some issues here about past transgressions but now it seems there is a vendetta of sorts.

I am in favor of the SE Zone, it was and is a great thing for the hunters of this state. That being said I just believe the boundaries are just to far North. I know they can't be changed for a few more years. I hope when they can they will redraw the boundaries.

Cluckmeister ; I can see how you could conclude that Puppet Master commentary is bad mouthing . It`s intended use was solely as a metaphor . I have read numerous negative commentary directed a Commissioner Budd that was based solely on remarks contained in Michael Pierce`s article . It`s use was to illuminate the fact that the characteristics referred to were based on Pierce`s personal opinion . It is obvious that Commissioner Budd and Outdoor Journalist Michael Pierce are shall we say experiencing difficulties in their relationship. I must admit I was unfamiliar with the ROFLOL acronym . I had to look it up in the urban dictionary . I use LMAO on those needed occasions. Can`t believe how many ducks you guys have in south central Kansas. We are envious here in the east. Have a great day .

Wtrfwlr43 ; No hit list , absolutely no vendetta . Would certainly rather be talking with you about hunting the duck or chasing geese . I have no desire to create enemies on this forum. I`m here solely because I enjoy sharing the common passion we have for water fowling. I find the controversy in question extremely distasteful as well as any form of name calling . I sincerely hope it`s done with . You have a great day also.
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:55 pm

John Ive had several emails from Michael Pearce and in almost every one hes always closed with saying that He welcomes opinions and discussions on the subject be it on his side or the other. In the issue of the Southeast Zone Im neutral, I can see the pros and cons of an earlier or later opener. What really bothered me was Budds attitude of. We can do whatever we want, which was pretty evident in the video of the meeting. His statement appeared arrogant and elitist from my view point. With that said, Im agree you, Id rather be talking about the great sport of water fowling. You mentioned all the great numbers of birds in our area, the geese have just arrived, I have about 3,000 roosting on a little lake a mile west of the house and almost every morning I have the pleasure of sitting on the patio, sipping coffee and watching all the various flights going out to feed. Heck with that in mind, its about time to put the duck decoys up, clean the dust off the SP10 and go Goosin

Good and safe hunting to you

Cluck
cluckmeister
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting