Teal opener

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Re: Teal opener

Postby mudpack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:10 am

Man, that is so cool. You are a lucky dad.
mudpack
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:38 am

It was fun. I wasn't expecting to see much so I didn't bring many shells. Was sitting at 4 teal with 2 shells left. A pair decoyed perfect and I finished the limit with my last 2 shells. Sometimes when things go so perfectly it almost makes you wonder about devine intervention.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 pm

I envy you and your experience with your daughter. My son is now 10 and has never shown the passion for being outdoors that your daughter is showing. I've taken him hunting and fishing and he just never seems to really enjoy himself.. He doesn't hate it but its a kind of take it or leave it thing with him. Several times he has made comments like, "I dont think im going to duck hunt when I get older" I'm just trying to play it cool and make sure he doesn't feel pressured to love waterfowl like I do. But it would be a crusher if he grew up and didn't want to waterfowl hunt.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:54 am

Don't feel too badly, Ecat. My two sons grew up not particularly caring for hunting. (maybe it skips generations: my dad was not a hunter, either...) They are fantastic young men now, with other "manly" interests, and I am very proud of both of them.
mudpack
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Forgot to tell ya'll's; one of the six BW's I got on Wednesday had a band. Banded in 2011 in Alberta. Thought that was cool.

Not many banded teal flying around. I got lucky.
mudpack
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:32 pm

mudpack wrote:Don't feel too badly, Ecat. My two sons grew up not particularly caring for hunting. (maybe it skips generations: my dad was not a hunter, either...) They are fantastic young men now, with other "manly" interests, and I am very proud of both of them.

If he doesnt duck hunt it wont be the end of the world. I have always just assumed he and i would be hunting partners like my father and I are. I'll adjust but it would be a disappointment.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 pm

You guys will find something to do together whether it is hunting, golf, working on cars, traveling, bowling, whatever.

I was fortunate to grow up enjoying the same thing my dad enjoys. Especially hunting and LSU football. The older I get, the more I realize how much that time means to him as there is less of it to go around. Just don't force him to choose something and you guys will find something naturally. :beer:
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting