Inconsiderate Idiots verses Good Guys

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: Inconsiderate Idiots verses Good Guys

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Damn weve got some people on here that just seem to always want to beat people up or pick there posts apart

TBS, I wont waste my time debating you on this site about the top hardcore hunters in Kansas and who they are or might have been. Lets just say Ive know hundreds of waterfowlers in my day and not one of them has gone to the extremes my old buddies and I did back in the day. From your view point though it either has to include every duck hunter in the state or be published where you can read it. .So I guess my opinion is like yours, worth what you paid for it. As for field trial dogs, Ive seen some that were great and others that while great at the trials wasn't worth a hoot in the marsh. They say a man has only one great dog in his life time the others are only good. The Chessie I spoke about was great, the other labs and Chessies were good. I hunted him 10 years and never lost one duck. He was hunted on every thing from deep water reservoirs to cattail filled Cheyenne Bottoms and Quivira. I said he was ONE of the best youd ever see , BTW 3 different game wardens told me he was one the best they had seen, but you will probably have something derogatory to say about that also.

a2ducks, we didn't use all 5 dogs at one time, we usually used 2 and took turns taking our dogs. The reason for 2 dogs was that when we would set 300 decoys , we would spread out over about 100 yards with big holes in the middle, hunt two groups of guys ,one group each having a dog. And on the subject of good dogs, I knew a guy that once had a pointer, this old pointer was so good, the guy had to use duck tape and tape one of the dogs nostrils shut to keep him from smelling two coveys at one time. Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

BTW I haven't gave mostly up on duck hunting in Kansas and moved on to greener pastures, as some people have, you cant shoot ducks in green pastures LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby TBS » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:58 pm

cluckmeister wrote:BTW I haven't gave mostly up on duck hunting in Kansas and moved on to greener pastures, as some people have, you cant shoot ducks in green pastures LOL

Well, most of us can't. But surely one of the top 5 hardcore waterfowlers in the entire state can! :rolleyes:
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Well now that I have thought of it, I have shot ducks in green pastures, had a super pond loaded with big crappie in it right in the middle of the pasture over by Fall River
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby TBS » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:09 pm

cluckmeister wrote:Well now that I have thought of it, I have shot ducks in green pastures, had a super pond loaded with big crappie in it right in the middle of the pasture over by Fall River

In June Flint Oak near Fall River hosted the state sporting clay championships. Lots of green pasture out there. Anyway, they had ducks all over the place, and on just about every pond........well, until the shooting started. :lol3:

Of course they are pen raised and don't offer much in the way of sport or fair chase. Anyway, it just goes to show if you look hard enough you can find a duck just about anywere! :thumbsup:
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting