Last day of the split= Best decoying action all year

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Last day of the split= Best decoying action all year

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:10 pm

Incredible is the only words to describe this mornigns hunt. We should've been done by 8 if our shooting was up to par. I have only seen ducks decoy this well twice. We had birds coming in from way up high with the wings cupped so much the tips looked crossed. I killed ducks standing in the decoys retrieving other ducks. I didn't even get a chance to kneel down. It was wicked crazy. Brother and I shot 3/4 of a box of shells a piece. Ended with 10 mallards. Should've each had a GWT too to round out the 6 bird limit. I think I can live with my 5 mallard limit. Unbelievable. My brother and I were in awe. Nobody killed anything until we were picking up.

Hunted the same spot the night before. Ended with 6 ducks but we could've shot limits if we wouldn't have ran outta shells. We created a monster because we killed 3 ducks in one volley and from then on out the brittany thought everything that decoyed should be dead.

Ken, you misses out man. Wow, we could've killed a 10 man limit if we would've had that many guys.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby big_countryks » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:48 pm

opens back up on the 22nd...how do the ducks act this late in the season? Am I better off with a small spread? Are they still call shy? or are they new ducks from up north now?
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting