Kansas Waterfowlers

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:08 pm

I saw some numbers today - and they were almost as numerous as the coots I drove through in the boat... Did catch a few decent bass on a very foggy morning - not a bad "scout" mission, being able to bass fish in a t-shirt this time of the year looking for ducks! Mostly local stuff, a handful of early divers on the big open water, a small bunch of mallards and a few woodies back in the creek areas. And a dozen or so bass, all under 3lbs... I have been scouting a few ponds I hunt most of the time and saw a significant increase about a month ago, but nothing new in the past couple of weeks. Mostly Gadwall, a few Widgeon...
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:11 pm

I have a friend that took my little brother scouting with him. I am stuck here in Hutch and cause of my EMT class will not be able to hunt opening morning. I won't miss it beacuse of the people mentioned before. Saw a ton of geese aaround Gardner when I was coming back from cabelas last weekend. I wanna shot at those geese.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Hey everybody! :salude: Another KS hunter in your presence. I'm pretty new to waterfowling but it was fun the few times i went last year so i picked it up. I like to hunt pheasant and some of the few quail left in KS, plus deer, turkey, dove sometimes, and whatever else i feel like. Great to know im in good company. :thumbsup:
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:37 pm

ken and ks_pj
yeah when we talk about joco's we aren't talking about your types and i hope you don't take affence ... infact two of the best waterfowlers i know live there but i am the same at ks_waterfowler... is someone is being a jack( ) in the feild no matter what kind of hunting if you find there truck 9 times out of en it says JO but anyways sorry for talkng ...(bad) on you all you guys don't sound like the type we are talkign about... gald to see that some city boys can hunt... pass it on to the kids :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fatweed » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:24 am

Yeah Ken its me... from last year and the refuge.. and our lil scoutin trip...got another guy from work hunts over that way... might hafta hook up sometime... but later on.....LOL... dunno if anymore have moved in this week..but i havent been seein much.... saw some hi flyers so i know there movin a little... but hehehe since im still pickin jalapenos outta garden... dont figure be too many birds around yet... LOL...hehehe speakin of jalapenos.... heheh senor...i gotta taco coot recipe that knock ur socks off.... LOL...
Fatweed
hunter

Postby ken h » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:35 am

BWAAHHAHAHAA Yellow, I am not from JOCO. I am over an hour away and grew up south of topeka. I have seen it for a long time that ground we used to hunt when we were kids have all been bought or leased by JOCO mostly and some OOS's for hunting.

Fatweed, glad you still kicking. Work for Coffey county now so schedule has changed.

Puddle, will check my emails later tonite.

Gotta go now and do some scouting.
ken h
hunter

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:44 am

Allright, Duckplucker, the burning question... What part of the state (what county!) do you live in?!?!?!?
:laughing:
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby ken h » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:50 am

Inquiring minds want to know. :tounge:
ken h
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:52 am

hey sorry ken ... i though you were... and ks_pj
duckplucker is from Lyon
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ken h » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:55 am

no problem yellow. Just got back from looking and seen a few birds this morn. Saw bunches of trucks out doing the same. Seen a boat out doing come scouting as well and stopped and talked to him to see what he saw as he was coming up to the boat ramp. Kinda funny as you'll never guess where he was from :laughing: :laughing: but hey, he was spending time looking on the water instead of on the internet.

Matt, not as much water on the south as I thought there would be, hardly any in some. The north looked real good and some ducks but gonna be crowded. Give me a holler or email tonite and I'll let you know what I found.

Ken
ken h
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:01 am

Lyon county. I mostly hunt out of county areas though.
duckplucker
hunter

Postby Bud » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:03 pm

I live in southern Miami county. We just moved here a little over a year ago from Texas. This is my second season hunting in Kansas, and my 31st hunting waterfowl.

My family and I really like it here!

Bud
Bud
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:34 pm

hey my older bro used to lives in miami and did a little hunting but he jsut moved ... where do you work you might have worked with him??? never know heck ks_waterfowler went to hight school with my cousin so you never know
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Bud » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:42 am

I work up in Overland Park. The 40 mile daily commute is worth it for the improved quality of life.
Bud
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:20 am

yeah i would have to agree ...
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:04 pm

ken h wrote:... Seen a boat out doing come scouting as well and stopped and talked to him to see what he saw as he was coming up to the boat ramp. Kinda funny as you'll never guess where he was from :laughing: :laughing: but hey, he was spending time looking on the water instead of on the internet. ...

Ken

Wow now i know miracles DO happen! :laughing:
duckplucker
hunter

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:33 pm

And I thought it was a missouri thing to make fun of the joco hunting gang. Do they only drive in the left lane in kansas also.

Frank
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:43 am

lol :toofunny: nice frank...
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

pothole capital of the midwest

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:36 pm

Now Frank, All JoCo madness aside - that's just them trying to avoid all the derned potholes - No state in the union takes less care of their roads than the great state of Missery!
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:44 pm

just kiddin about the joco boy's it was all in good fun.

as far as our roads thats what happens when you vote down the all the tax increases that hit the ballot for the last 20 years.

Frank
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting