Canadas are gone

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Canadas are gone

Postby wtrfwlr43 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:56 am

New to this forum. Been lurking for awhile. Had login/password problems, finally got it all resolved.
Been killing a some ducks Gadwal mainly. All of our local Canadas went into hibernation somewhere or the witness protection program. Haven't seen a canada in my hunting haunts since youth season. Looking forward to migrators showing up in some good numbers, both ducks and geese.
wtrfwlr43
hunter

Re: Canadas are gone

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 am

So far, I haven't seen many Canadas this season, but the whitefronts are starting to pass over my house, and I've been seeing flocks of specks here and there while hunting. These are good signs. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Hunted MVW this morning and saw several flights of specs fly over, also unless my coffee was spiked Id swear there were 9 Whooping cranes that flew right over me. These birds were all white except for black wing tips and way to big to be snows.. Also saw about 6 small flights of snow geese 6-10 birds in each group. Heard one lone Canada , but, never fear, its still about 3 weeks from major influx of Canada's, unless its gets really bad up North
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Joelseph » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:37 pm

cluckmeister wrote:Hunted MVW this morning and saw several flights of specs fly over, also unless my coffee was spiked Id swear there were 9 Whooping cranes that flew right over me. These birds were all white except for black wing tips and way to big to be snows.. Also saw about 6 small flights of snow geese 6-10 birds in each group. Heard one lone Canada , but, never fear, its still about 3 weeks from major influx of Canada's, unless its gets really bad up North

How'd the hunt go? Many ducks?
Joelseph
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:22 pm

we shot a few, passed up shooting a ton of those nasty tasting Spoonies, I rated it fair
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting