Swap a hunt. OK or AR for a Kansas hunt

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

Re: Swap a hunt. OK or AR for a Kansas hunt

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 pm

champer196 wrote:Glad you and your friends had some good hunts!

Thanks champer, really was a great week. Very envious of the resources up there
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:10 pm

thank makes sense. The lodge looks like a great place to hang out!!
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby Leggs » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:24 pm

This is one of the most ridiculous threads ever. The guy asked for help and was willing to payback with a hunt in an area he knew.

He worked to find the ducks and was rewarded with good hunts. All of the stay the hell out of our state comments sound like jealousy to me.

They sell out of state licenses for a reason. I live in ks and hunt in both Missouri and South Dakota. If you enjoy hunting some people like to experience new areas.

Congrats on a great hunt
Leggs
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Yep; nice cabin for sure.
Last edited by mudpack on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mudpack
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:24 pm

This is one of the most ridiculous threads ever.

Don't know if its the most ridiculous but its gotta be in the top ten for most confusing, LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 pm

cluckmeister wrote:This is one of the most ridiculous threads ever.

Don't know if its the most ridiculous but its gotta be in the top ten for most confusing, LOL

Hey I learned my lesson guys, if I ever report another hunt to you guys I'll make sure to list all of our full names, social security numbers, hunter IDs state of residence, where we're staying, what we're shooting, what size shot, Latin name for the birds shot, type of chew in my lip, what I ate for dinner, and type of call I blew to kill the ducks I did. Hahaha stop your belly aching. I'll give you my cell number if you are still wondering how this all went down. I think I was more than thorough for the average person, chill on the confusion bit, it's old....
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Leggs wrote:This is one of the most ridiculous threads ever. The guy asked for help and was willing to payback with a hunt in an area he knew.

He worked to find the ducks and was rewarded with good hunts. All of the stay the hell out of our state comments sound like jealousy to me.

They sell out of state licenses for a reason. I live in ks and hunt in both Missouri and South Dakota. If you enjoy hunting some people like to experience new areas.

Congrats on a great hunt

Thanks legs, if you ever want to travel south let me know, I'll have room in my boat.
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 pm

UofAduckman1987 wrote:

Hey I learned my lesson guys, if I ever report another hunt to you guys I'll make sure to list all of our full names, social security numbers, hunter IDs state of residence, where we're staying, what we're shooting, what size shot, Latin name for the birds shot, type of chew in my lip, what I ate for dinner, and type of call I blew to kill the ducks I did. Hahaha stop your belly aching. I'll give you my cell number if you are still wondering how this all went down. I think I was more than thorough for the average person, chill on the confusion bit, it's old....

No need for all that, just a ss number, bank routing number and your pin number

Wait, that wasn't racist was it?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TBS » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 pm

UofAduckman1987 wrote:

You got thin skin or what?

For a non resident fella that claims to want guys to be polite and respectful to him on our state forum you're doing your best to turn the rest of us off. Guys told you why there was confusion and you answered their questions so let it be. Keep trying to stir the pot and you will make more enemies here than friends. Is that what you want?
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:24 pm

TBS wrote:
UofAduckman1987 wrote:

You got thin skin or what?

For a non resident fella that claims to want guys to be polite and respectful to him on our state forum you're doing your best to turn the rest of us off. Guys told you why there was confusion and you answered their questions so let it be. Keep trying to stir the pot and you will make more enemies here than friends. Is that what you want?

Easy killer, thick enough. Dust had settled now you're the one doing the stirring. Obviously I'm not going to be getting help so "I'll fend for myself" haha
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby TBS » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Jump on in if you're wanting to test the waters. Your earlier post came across like you were trying to be Mr Nice Guy. Guess that's not the case?
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:45 pm

UofA, I read your post and knew exactly what you meant. Glad you were able to find some birds and enjoy a few good hunts. Don't worry about these clowns. Seems the longer they have been on the site the more butthurt they get about petty stuff.

I thought about extending an offer to you, but you fared far better on your own then you would of with us. We have seen the birds, just haven't been able to put it all together for a great hunt. Didn't want to disappoint you. Plus, us LSU fans might of had too much fun heckling you about last week's game. I will most likely be moving to Tulsa/Broken Arrow next fall for a job after graduation. I will keep your contact info and contact you when I get down that way. May have to get together for a hunt or two in the NE Oklahoma/ NW Arkansas area.

Geaux Tigers
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:01 pm

TBS wrote:Jump on in if you're wanting to test the waters. Your earlier post came across like you were trying to be Mr Nice Guy. Guess that's not the case?

Ok man, let me have it!
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby UofAduckman1987 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:05 pm

quackattack1991 wrote:UofA, I read your post and knew exactly what you meant. Glad you were able to find some birds and enjoy a few good hunts. Don't worry about these clowns. Seems the longer they have been on the site the more butthurt they get about petty stuff.

I thought about extending an offer to you, but you fared far better on your own then you would of with us. We have seen the birds, just haven't been able to put it all together for a great hunt. Didn't want to disappoint you. Plus, us LSU fans might of had too much fun heckling you about last week's game. I will most likely be moving to Tulsa/Broken Arrow next fall for a job after graduation. I will keep your contact info and contact you when I get down that way. May have to get together for a hunt or two in the NE Oklahoma/ NW Arkansas area.

Geaux Tigers

Ahh no harm in disappointing this guy, I've hunted the past few days in the freezing cold and only took home a couple birds, tough stuff but I always enjoy it. And jeez, talking about this season isn't even worth the effort of tapping these keys. Definitely get a hold of me when you get out that way. I'll be around
UofAduckman1987
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Quack. , I read your post and knew exactly what you meant. Glad you were able to find some birds and enjoy a few good hunts. Don't worry about these clowns.

Im certainly glad you understood the meaning of his posts, BUT just because a few other guys didn't, its no reason to call people names. If you would of read my posts you would of seen and understood why I questioned him about the limits, as I posted Ive read posts on the DU site where guys are bragging about shooting a 2 man limit and hunted by themselves.

You mentioned being butt hurt well , DONT put me in that group, I for one could care less about how many ducks he killed, how many you kill or have killed, I learned a long time ago, its not about the killing, or filling a limit. Its getting out amongst nature, having a bit of solitude away from the day to day routine life we all have. I have fun even if I don't pop a cap, getting a bird or two is a bonus. And finally, Someone mentioned jealousy in a post, the only guy Im jealous of is the one that gets out more often than I do. LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Fowlhunter22 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:51 am

UofA, I read your post as you meant it and congratulations on the hunt sounds like you had a blast with your family and that's all that matters. My family and I also hit into them pretty hard the week of thanksgiving, I would say we shot a 9 man limit but i would have to explain that we had 9 people hunting and post the pictures so you guys would believe. I didn't see this in time but next time I would be more than willing to have you hunt with me. Also, what part of Arkansas are you from? I have some family down there.
Fowlhunter22
hunter

Postby sarjrr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:22 am

Guys, I beat him up pretty good about it at first. It wasnt because of the thread being necessarily confusing or because of getting x-man limit. It was because apparently according to the original post he was coming in from out of state with no place to hunt, nobody with which to hunt, and looking for help. There is nothing wrong with that, and its cool he offered to reciprocate. It just seemed fishy when a few days later he had many limits of gadwall, wigeon, mallard, pintail, and specks and did it on every type of hunt in the state (pond, river, field). I think everyone would think it questionable if someone pulled that off not knowing anyone or where to go. Later we got the full story, and good for him. What was said in the first couple posts wasnt confusing, it was just missing some pieces that made me question the believability.
sarjrr
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:09 am

At UofAduckman1987, don't worry about mudpacker, he likes to accuse people of shooting over limits without hearing the full story.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby burns_312 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:43 pm

What's circle jerk this deal turned into. Some of you KS guys are really dumb.
burns_312
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 am

Guys need to chill out. Don't need the BS on this board. Getting pretty old!
dukhntr
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting