Central Kansas Outfitters

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby NCfowl » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Looking into booking a hunt out there. Anyone ever hunted with them or heard anything? Thanks
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am


Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Are you part of the banded nation?
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby quackattack1991 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:11 pm

My buddy guides for them. You won't be disappointed. They will put you on birds and they are a fun group of guys to be around.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
User avatar
quackattack1991
hunter
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby FowlPwrcat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm

I met a guide for them... He was on public ground walking around, water swatting ducks and coots on a day were only us 2 were on the marsh. Even after he shot a cripple and pointed his gun DIRECTLY at my direction ( the bird was about 50 yards out in the middle of us) we talked a bit. He began to talk about how a huge flock of pintails, also known as teal..., was working my spread pretty good. Maybe I'm blind... He also informed me that full chokes are the only way to hunt out there.

Other than that, I have not heard much.
Last edited by FowlPwrcat on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
Retrieves for 2014-15 Season: 13
User avatar
FowlPwrcat
hunter
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:14 pm

$1,195 per gun
(includes 3 hunts & 3 nights lodging

At this price I don't want to know them
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby gooshnr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 am

Chad Belding had nothing but good things to say about them on his TV show. Perhaps that's how you heard about them and you already know that.
gooshnr
hunter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby mudpack » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:04 am

NCfowl wrote:Looking into booking a hunt out there. Anyone ever hunted with them or heard anything? Thanks

There's a good chance you'll have a decent hunt. I've seen them hunting in the same public places I hunt. I don't know if they are among the current crop of waterfowl guides who believe that having the most equipment will compensate for any lack of skill, but they definitely have the equipment.
I'd say they have customers who are satisfied because, unlike many guide services, they are still around and booking hunts.
Best of luck with your Kansas hunts, and let us know how they went.

Oh, and one other thing: you didn't say WHEN you were planning to come out here to waterfowl hunt. I can tell you this: the geese are still here in big numbers, but the ducks have gotten pretty thin. We've had almost two weeks of daytime temps in the teens and nighttime temps in single digits, so field hunts for geese will be your best bet.
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 6086
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby TBS » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:07 am

If you do come and hunt with them, I recommend you stiff them on their fees. Guides who lease up thousands of acres and prevent the rest of us from having a chance to hunt those private lands without "paying for it" do nothing for me. I'd rather see them go out of business. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing harm upon anyone, but their business is in direct competition with the rest of us. The more acres they lease the more locals they alienate and push to the already crowded public areas. And, thats the last thing we need here........more pressure on the over-crowded public wetlands of this once great waterfowling state.

I see no reason to support or promote a guide/outfitter in this state who is not required to purchase licenses or pay fees. And that's not CKO's fault. Our state officials need to wake up!

If you come here to hunt, best wishes and travel safe.
IF I AGREED WITH YOU, WE'D BOTH BE WRONG.
TBS
hunter
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:34 am

I see no reason to support or promote a guide/outfitter in this state who is not required to purchase licenses or pay fees. And that's not CKO's fault. Our state officials need to wake up!


I fully agree, also a guide who profits from his service should not be allowed to use public grounds to get this profit.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby mudpack » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm

TBS wrote:I see no reason to support or promote a guide/outfitter in this state who is not required to purchase licenses or pay fees. And that's not CKO's fault. Our state officials need to wake up!


I agree. Outfitters/guides should be required to pay something (use fee, license fee, certification fee, etc.) for using public land (that would be land that belongs to you and me as well as the outfitter IF he is a resident) in a for-profit business.
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 6086
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby NCfowl » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 pm

After these reviews, think I'll look into Habitat Flats and stay out of there! Hats off :thumbsup:
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 pm

NCfowl wrote:After these reviews, think I'll look into Habitat Flats and stay out of there! Hats off :thumbsup:

I think Id hunt with the Missouri guys also, the areas they hunt are specatular
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby FowlPwrcat » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 pm

If you can afford that, that's a no brainer....
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
Retrieves for 2014-15 Season: 13
User avatar
FowlPwrcat
hunter
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby ducknado » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm

and if you can get in...HF books solid pretty quickly!
"not all those who wander are lost"
...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
User avatar
ducknado
hunter
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:11 pm
Location: KS

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby quackattack1991 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:22 am

Going to Arkansas or Missouri is your best bet if you aren't restricted to Kansas. You may spend a little more, but your hunt will be far better than anything you will see here. I make a trip to Arkansas once a year and have been to Mizzou in the past. It's incredible
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
User avatar
quackattack1991
hunter
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby WhackinanStackin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 pm

FowlPwrcat wrote:I met a guide for them... He was on public ground walking around, water swatting ducks and coots on a day were only us 2 were on the marsh. Even after he shot a cripple and pointed his gun DIRECTLY at my direction ( the bird was about 50 yards out in the middle of us) we talked a bit. He began to talk about how a huge flock of pintails, also known as teal..., was working my spread pretty good. Maybe I'm blind... He also informed me that full chokes are the only way to hunt out there.

Other than that, I have not heard much.

I believe your speaking of me? you were the one on your own hunting over maybe 1.5 dozen mixed species decoys? About 10 oclock, you failed to mention me and my hunting partner were hunting snipe not duck hunting and we were also wearing ORANGE! When we came over the dike we were approximately 70 yards from that raft of ruddy ducks, so we sat and waited, you seemed fairly new at the sport and if you have ever tried to shoo up ruddy ducks it is a lost cause they will simply swim away from you or dive. Oh and btw we never shot a coot that day! I do not shoot coots for they have an extremely greasy texture and bad flavor. As for my "pointing my gun directly at you" I never have done such a stupid thing, I watched a good friend of mine almost get shot, if the gun would have not gone click my friend would have lost his life and my cousin would have been a murderer (just to the fact of neither of them paying attention to where each other were) so I pride myself on safety. And as for the "teal" you are mistaken, it was a flock of wigeon and pintails, you know how I could tell from 200 yards away? because they decoyed vertically, not horizontally like teal do zipping in and out. They would cup, turn, and descend slowly, and also they were flying approximately 1/2 the speed of a teal, they were not one and done like a flock of teal and they also came straight over my head giving me a clear view of them, you need to work on your duck ID. As for the chokes, I use a long range Patternmaster and am very pleased with it, I informed you it is a good thing to have on public land for later in the morning when the skyblasting of the weekend warriors commences you are well prepared for when you must take long shots. I personally shot 19 limits of ducks and over 150 ducks altogether and 45 geese (5 banded) and I am 17, how many did you harvest this season? Also I did not say I was an Outfitter for them, I have hunted with one of the guides many times and have been to the lodge a few times is what I said. But as for the question of if CKO is worth it? In my book they certainly are, I have never heard unsatisfactory things of them, all the hunters that have booked a hunt with them have been very pleased. Sorry but I had to set the record straight, I don't like to be portrayed as a uneducated, unsafe marsh hunter.
WhackinanStackin
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby TomKat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 am

17? You are not old enough to legally own a firearm. If you disregard that law, what other laws do you ignore?

Do you wear Chode Belding jewelry?
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11497
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby WhackinanStackin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 am

It's funny you say that, you have a picture of the deliverance kid as your profile picture. I'm pretty damn sure you aren't very legal. But I am very legal, the only "illegal" thing I have ever done is water swatt a bird but who hasn't when the guys won't fly.As for your question about the jewelry, no I do not, men aren't suppose to wear jewelry. You must not be very intelligent for the fact that both my firearms are under my fathers name. Which is perfectly legal. Your just as inbred as your profile picture.
WhackinanStackin
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby TomKat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:40 am

Go outside and play. The adults are trying to talk.
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11497
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby WhackinanStackin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:14 am

I think I will. Just for the fact that you have nothing to respond with. I will be an "adult" in less than a month but yet I probably still harvested more ducks and geese when I was 15 than your best season.
WhackinanStackin
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby ksgoosekilr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 pm

One day you will see its not about the numbers you shoot......regardless Belding is an idiot
ksgoosekilr
hunter
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: KS

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby FowlPwrcat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Well this just got interesting! You sir, were the one i mentioned previously.

I did fail to give your credit as you were a nice guy. Boastful, but friendly. As far as hunting ethics go, not so impressed. A gun WAS pointed at me and the pattern of the BBs DID splash water in between you/your buddy and I. And if you didnt know, BBs skip on the water and thats how things can head south. Which this incident set the tone for my opinion of you.

If i were concerned with my numbers, i would not have been on that marsh in the early season in the middle of the day. I was simply enjoying my time getting to know a new marsh on my day of from school. I am a teacher if you did not know. And yes, I am new to the sport of jumping and skyblasting ducks. Actually, I never started that one, I decoy them close.

And for what its worth, you informed me that you had just been hired by CKO.

You are far more the waterfowl hunter i was at your age. I didnt hunt until college. Actually, this makes the whole story make more sense as i assumed you were a college student. Knowing me at 17, i would not have wanted to run into myself. I am guessing I would have a far worse taste in my mouth....Do yourself a favor and learn from your mistakes, i wish i caught onto that idea sooner. Your posts are almost as concerning as your actions.

So i withdraw my previous post painting a bad picture of CKO, however, i still recommend Habitat Flats WAY more...

BTW can someone please take away his shovel?
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
Retrieves for 2014-15 Season: 13
User avatar
FowlPwrcat
hunter
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Im wondering how this young mans partner was? If he was under 18 as well, they both were breaking the law according to the regulations I found.

On July 1, 2007, Kansas law made an apprentice hunting license available to those aged 16 and under 18 years of age. Apprentice hunters must hunt under the supervision of a legal certified adult.

Also, one day this young man will find out boasting about his number of kills means absolutely zilch except to other braggers.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby WhackinanStackin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Yes my partner was 26 and had a beard 6 inches long. I am not a mean or malicious person, but the one thing that makes my ignorant orange act up is the bad mouthing of my own person. I assure you I atleast was not the one who peppered you, like I explained I pride myself on safety especially at a wetlands which you know as well as me is the most dangerous place for waterfowl hunting. I also apologize for my hasty defense. But just to clarify, we wouldn't have been jump shooting ducks if we hadn't of been snipe hunting and had no duck decoys at the truck.
WhackinanStackin
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:37 pm
Location: South Central Kansas

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:10 pm

WhackinanStackin wrote:Yes my partner was 26 and had a beard 6 inches long. I am not a mean or malicious person, but the one thing that makes my ignorant orange act up is the bad mouthing of my own person. I assure you I atleast was not the one who peppered you, like I explained I pride myself on safety especially at a wetlands which you know as well as me is the most dangerous place for waterfowl hunting. I also apologize for my hasty defense. But just to clarify, we wouldn't have been jump shooting ducks if we hadn't of been snipe hunting and had no duck decoys at the truck.


Dang I cant resist this one. If he had a beard 6 inches long, how long was his spurs. I just crack myself up sometimes. LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Next

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests