Central Kansas Outfitters

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, yellowlab, dukhntr, cluckmeister

Re: Central Kansas Outfitters

Postby WhackinanStackin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Lol I did set myself up for that one... Haha but I think I gave everyone a bad first impression of myself and I apologize. But now that you say that it is about time to start killin some long beards!
WhackinanStackin
hunter

Postby radfordc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm

cluckmeister wrote:On July 1, 2007, Kansas law made an apprentice hunting license available to those aged 16 and under 18 years of age. Apprentice hunters must hunt under the supervision of a legal certified adult.

I think there is confusion here. Kansas has an apprentice license that allows deferral of the hunter safety course..."Effective July 1, 2007 individuals 16 or older may purchase a one-time deferral of the Hunter Education requirements by purchasing an Apprentice hunting license. Holders of Apprentice hunting licenses must hunt under the supervision of a licensed hunter age 18 or older."

If you're 16 and have completed the hunter safety course this rule applies, "Hunters turning age 16 MUST have completed a hunter education course before they may purchase their first hunting license.

All hunters age 16 to age 27, and all hunters age 12 to age 16 hunting alone, MUST carry proof of hunter education while hunting."
radfordc
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Radford, Thanks for clarifying the reg
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby mudpack » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:37 am

WhackinanStackin wrote:I do not shoot coots for they have an extremely greasy texture and bad flavor.

It sounds like you are repeating what you've heard others say....and not speaking from experience.
Coot are no more greasy than any other wild bird and, when properly prepared, are delicious. I've eaten coot.
mudpack
hunter

Postby WhackinanStackin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 am

No I am not, I have eatin coots a few different times, they have excessive amounts of fat that in turn if not completely cut off gives the meat the greasy texture. I have brined them and tried multiple marinades but none of them worked. I like merganser more than I like coot... lol
WhackinanStackin
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Next time you shoot a coot, skin it, breast it, wrap the breasts in bacon, then grill them over a hot open flame. That way all the fat is removed and results are pretty amazing. :thumbsup:
The only bad coot I've eaten still had the skin on......
mudpack
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:30 am

So the question is...does CKO hire high school students as guides?
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby WhackinanStackin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:51 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:So the question is...does CKO hire high school students as guides?

No, It was a deal that fell out unfortunately, I was going to be used as a scout mostly. I have hunted this area since I was 8 and know where I hunt and the surrounding 20 miles very well, I was told I would be used/needed but never was. I was going to be used as a driver like I said, just to look at fields that they were allowed to hunt and relay back which ones had the most birds.
WhackinanStackin
hunter

Postby WhackinanStackin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:58 pm

mudpack wrote:Next time you shoot a coot, skin it, breast it, wrap the breasts in bacon, then grill them over a hot open flame. That way all the fat is removed and results are pretty amazing. :thumbsup:
The only bad coot I've eaten still had the skin on......

In there lies the problem! About 2 years ago I caught a disease from a tick called alpha-gal I am allergic to all beef pork and lamb, if it doesnt swim or fly I cant eat it. But I can eat deer. Hints why I cook duck differently now.
WhackinanStackin
hunter

Postby T Man » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Lets play nice fellas.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby duckdozer » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:41 am

T Man wrote:Lets play nice fellas.

But but but......Sorry I was late to the party guys. What an easy target. I bet he has a flat billed hat. Wow 1/9 of the geese you shot were "BANDED", that is a complete BS story. Anyways how does aluminimum eat? Do you brine that was well? What kind of marinade and rub do you use on these "BANDED" birds you speak of, just a heads up only rooks and gomers care about bands. Dont get me wrong its cool and all but not the reason to be hunting CHOAD BALDING.
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 96
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting