water conditions

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

water conditions

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:48 am

Everyone can go ahead and relax because I am not asking for places to hunt or how the numbers are. Just wondering if the ponds are locked up in the SE part of the state. Supposed to be going to a co-workers private land an about a week to hunt his ponds.
LiquidA45
hunter

Re: water conditions

Postby T Man » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 am

Yup, but were supposed to thaw out a little bit the next few days. Id pack an axe just in case.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm

T Man wrote:Yup, but were supposed to thaw out a little bit the next few days. Id pack an axe just in case.

Ax would be a must in my opinion; I drove over to some private ground scouting it this morning and all 3 ponds had thick ice on them, Also didn't see any ducks so I think Ill just hunt the Milo stubble for geese , they were every where
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks, appreciate the feedback fellas.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Definitely will have to break ice. If you're lucky, it won't be as thick as it has.

On another note, know anyone hiring graduates in the Tulsa area?.... :lol3:
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 pm

quackattack1991 wrote:Definitely will have to break ice. If you're lucky, it won't be as thick as it has.

On another note, know anyone hiring graduates in the Tulsa area?.... :lol3:

What is your degree?
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Business Marketing with a minor in management. I would like to get into the oil and gas industry (doesn't everyone), but want to go to Tulsa moreso because I love the NE portion of the state.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 pm

quackattack1991 wrote:Business Marketing with a minor in management. I would like to get into the oil and gas industry (doesn't everyone), but want to go to Tulsa moreso because I love the NE portion of the state.

Not that I know it all, but like you said everyone wants in O&G. The guys that get those jobs are the Environmental/Safety guys and the Energy guys. From what my friends in O&G have told me, if you get on you are going out west or down south in Oklahoma to start with. THey typically start out as grunts in order to get respect from the old timers. Those older guys aren't going to listen to some "kid" who just graduated and is wearing a collared shirt telling them what to do. Tulsa and Bartlesville have the desk jobs but you won't get that out of school. Also, I don't know how the Marketing degree is going to stack up against the safety/energy degrees. If that is what you REALLY want I suggest trying to get some energy education under your belt. TU produces a lot of employees for that sector and surprisingly Northeastern State University has a Environmental Health and Safety degree that lands a LOT of jobs with big oil companies. Conoco just flew my buddy down to Houston from Tahlequah for a job interview.

Like I said, that is all what I have heard from friends in that sector. My degree is in Finance so the only stuff I actually know what I am talking about is some banking opportunities.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks for the information. I figured as much with it being such a demanded sector right now. In this day in age you can't be picky, so I am open to anything. Really would just like to get out of Wichita and into the Tulsa area. Actually have a few opportunities within the financial/sales area there, but nothing set in stone yet. I will bookmark this thread for future reference. I may have questions regarding restraunts, places to live, nightlife, etc. if I move down there next fall. Thanks again.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:29 pm

pm'd you my email

I forgot to mention, the best way to get in to that field is having your dad's best friend be someone important. Typically it is who you know and not what you know.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby quackattack1991 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Got it.

Haha, that tends to be the case for anything.
2012-2013 Season

Looking forward to it
quackattack1991
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting