Game Wardens

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: Game Wardens

Postby dukhntr » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 pm

duckdozer wrote:You cops take your jobs too serious. Enforcing some of the most unjust laws ever known to man. Setting up entrapment checkpoints holding innocent peoples progress up with the flashing lights and asking for ID etc. Don't get me wrong I do like cops and they do have a purpose, but there are somethings that just irk me. One of them is the macho authoritarian need to be in power over people. The other day I saw a cop texting while driving as well as speeding 78 in a 65, without his emergency lights on in street clothes. I dont think he was going to a call because he was out of his jurisdiction. I called him in. I got a call back from the HP and they told me that cops were allowed to text and drive. How the hell is that constitutional? 28th amendment. Go on hold your head high. When it all comes down you are just as screwed as the rest of us.

Well, you certainly have your right to believe/feel what or how you want. LEO's are legal to text. Is it smart to text and drive...no it/s not. Is it smart to go into a theatre/school, mall, etc after an active shooter who's loaded with rifles and shooting people? Again, no it's not. But we do it. And we would do it knowing we were going to get shot and or get killed. Come take a ride with me for a weekend and see what we deal with on a daily basis and your perspective may change. That said, there are some real jerks in Law Enforcement with power trips. It's the same way in any authoritative position..wether it's Military, LE, business owners, etc...
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby dukhntr » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:46 pm

And BTW, as a Police Officer, one can never take his job "too serious"....being complacent is what gets one killed. I have a wife and 2 kids that I need to come home to every day. Not taking my job "too serious" can be the difference between coming home or not.
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby champer196 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:40 am

The sad reality is Dukhntr is exactly right. It's too bad that there are people out there that spoil it for the law abiding folks. The first time you let your guard down may be your last as an LEO. Sad fact but a true one. Why people feel the need to kill because they think that the unlawful act they are comitting is worth a working mans life is horrible.

If you remember, in 2012 there were two police officers shot and killed on a car stop right in front of a grocery store in the town I live and work in. All because they didn't think they needed to abide by the law. After the shooter was shot and killed later, the family stated they would seek revenge by killing another cop. ***? So because one of your family members shot and killed two LEO's (just days before Christmas) and in turn pulled a gun on more LEO's while they were conducting a search warrant of the house he was in is just reason to kill another cop?

I just don't get people.

These guys were just doing their job trying to make a buck to support their family and some D-bag decided they needed to die because they were "unjust" in trying to uphold the law of the land.

Police have one of the most difficult jobs there are.
champer196
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Duckdozer you are fool for your comments. My brother in law is a cop in Topeka and I'm damn happy he takes his job seriously so that my sister and my neices have a father. Keep your BS off this site.
MinneKans
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:43 pm

MinneKans wrote:Duckdozer you are fool for your comments. My brother in law is a cop in Topeka and I'm damn happy he takes his job seriously so that my sister and my neices have a father. Keep your BS off this site.

Great advice. :bow:
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby duckdozer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:58 pm

I said that I do think cops have a place and they I do respect them for what they do. But they take the unjust and unlawful to extremes. Warrantless checkpoints have been found unconstitutional many times. Giving someone a ticket for texting and driving when they do it all the time is hypocrisy, speeding is a victimless crime. If you want to get out and stop the real criminals look at the foreign offshore banks that have occupied our government. They are the ones that ship in the drugs and run them through criminal elements inside the CIA. Go after them they are the real crooks. When your pension gets stolen from you by a bankrupt govt you are in the same boat as the rest of us. WAKE UP!
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Dozer, *** are you talking about? Your rants are delusional.
MinneKans
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 am

research it minnie
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:31 pm

duckdozer wrote:I said that I do think cops have a place and they I do respect them for what they do. But they take the unjust and unlawful to extremes. Warrantless checkpoints have been found unconstitutional many times. Giving someone a ticket for texting and driving when they do it all the time is hypocrisy, speeding is a victimless crime. If you want to get out and stop the real criminals look at the foreign offshore banks that have occupied our government. They are the ones that ship in the drugs and run them through criminal elements inside the CIA. Go after them they are the real crooks. When your pension gets stolen from you by a bankrupt govt you are in the same boat as the rest of us. WAKE UP!

Call it unconstitutional if you want. If a person decides to drive through a check lane drunk, who's fault is it? Ever had anyone you know, love or care about get killed or hurt by a drunk driver? Think about it....That said, I hope you haven't. But every person we lock up for DUI is one that won't get the chance to hurt someone that night.

And stopping real criminals? Think about this..how do you think we get large loads of dope off the highways? This happens by stopping people for "victimless" speeding, and texting on the phone and tons of other infractions....It's pretty obvious you have no clue what your talking about. Lets keep this forum based on waterfowl, maybe you won't make yourself seem so silly.
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby reconcoupe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:59 am

dukhntr wrote:Call it unconstitutional if you want. If a person decides to drive through a check lane drunk, who's fault is it? Ever had anyone you know, love or care about get killed or hurt by a drunk driver? Think about it....That said, I hope you haven't. But every person we lock up for DUI is one that won't get the chance to hurt someone that night.

While I usually support most law enforcement, and respect a majority of what they do, I as well feel checkpoints are unconstitutional. "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Now while being ID'd and quickly evaluated at a checkpoint is ,IMHO, a very small violation of my liberty, throughout history, every police states begin somewhere. Call it a DUI checkpoint if you want, but I call it unwarranted search and seizure. Even warranted search and seizures are often overruled after the fact by higher courts (not just checkpoints). And for the record I've lost 3 friends, one of which was a very close friend, to drunk driving.

I also do not enjoy when cops do not know or even understand the law. I understand cops are not lawyers, but I have ran into many, whom I question their ability to comprehend reading over a 6th grade level.

All in all, most cops I know are good guys under constant criticism. Of course mistakes are always made but what is unacceptable is 1- cops who hide behind the shield and 2- the government who conveniences good cops to do un-moral and un-lawful things.

Proud libertarian who supports lawful law enforcement.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 am

reconcoupe wrote:
dukhntr wrote:Call it unconstitutional if you want. If a person decides to drive through a check lane drunk, who's fault is it? Ever had anyone you know, love or care about get killed or hurt by a drunk driver? Think about it....That said, I hope you haven't. But every person we lock up for DUI is one that won't get the chance to hurt someone that night.

While I usually support most law enforcement, and respect a majority of what they do, I as well feel checkpoints are unconstitutional. "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Now while being ID'd and quickly evaluated at a checkpoint is ,IMHO, a very small violation of my liberty, throughout history, every police states begin somewhere. Call it a DUI checkpoint if you want, but I call it unwarranted search and seizure. Even warranted search and seizures are often overruled after the fact by higher courts (not just checkpoints). And for the record I've lost 3 friends, one of which was a very close friend, to drunk driving.

I also do not enjoy when cops do not know or even understand the law. I understand cops are not lawyers, but I have ran into many, whom I question their ability to comprehend reading over a 6th grade level.

All in all, most cops I know are good guys under constant criticism. Of course mistakes are always made but what is unacceptable is 1- cops who hide behind the shield and 2- the government who conveniences good cops to do un-moral and un-lawful things.

Proud libertarian who supports lawful law enforcement.

Simply greeting a driver and advising them that they have just entered a check lane and asking if they have consumed any alcohol and letting them go, assuming they say no is not a fourth amendment violation. How could it be? When we conduct our check lanes we don't even ask for identification unless the've admitted to drinking or we suspect that they have been or we find another violation. I remember going through a check lane on Ft. Riley one night when I was about 10 years old when me and dad were coming home from a late night cat fishing trip. They asked if dad was drinking, he said no (which he wasn't) and we were waived through....Absolutely no search and seizure issue there. As far as I'm concerned if someone wants to complain about being stopped while driving up to a check lane, submit your drivers license. After all, driving is a privilege....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby reconcoupe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:55 am

dukhntr wrote:
Simply greeting a driver and advising them that they have just entered a check lane and asking if they have consumed any alcohol and letting them go, assuming they say no is not a fourth amendment violation. How could it be? When we conduct our check lanes we don't even ask for identification unless the've admitted to drinking or we suspect that they have been or we find another violation. I remember going through a check lane on Ft. Riley one night when I was about 10 years old when me and dad were coming home from a late night cat fishing trip. They asked if dad was drinking, he said no (which he wasn't) and we were waived through....Absolutely no search and seizure issue there. As far as I'm concerned if someone wants to complain about being stopped while driving up to a check lane, submit your drivers license. After all, driving is a privilege....

Not saying you do... but LEO often are malicious in using reasonable suspicion, but at the same time, unless I've been suspected of a crime, or being apprehended for a crime I've have no requirement to answer any questions by LEO, but for some reason, LEO's think that is reasonable suspicion. Its not. The supreme court has even upheld this. But for some reason, you LEO's get away with it at checkpoints. If you know the Kansas statue for requiring citizens to be unlawfully held and questioned against their constitutional rights, please share it, seriously, that's not sarcasm.

As far as Fort Riley goes, it actually is US Law, a title code somewhere I'd have to look up, that upon entering federally owned property you are required to submit search and questioning, or you will be denied access.

I contend that driving is indeed a right (freedom of travel), that can be revoked much like ones right to bear arms,(interesting read provided below) and my Constitutional rights are not waiver-able, even when driving (4th). The ability to travel freely and unharnessed is a right, not a privilege. Nor am I required to incriminate my self by answering any question asked of me(5th), to include have you been drinking, nor is a lack of a response indication of guilt or reasonable suspicion.

FYI, I'm glad you do not ask for ID, but many times travel through a DUI check point, even when cooperating I have been asked for ID, even after being informed I was not suspect of any violation, nor being detained. Once the officer even had the audacity to insist that I'm required to provide ID to LEO any time I'm asked...NOT TRUE.

Not trying to insult you or even start an angry argument, but we just clearly differ on what we perceive as constitutionally right and legal.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/drivingi ... pr05.shtml
http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Freedom ... Travel.htm

This is a debate that is still argued at the highest levels of the legislative and judicial branch of both state and federal government. So until, Jefferson, Washington and Franklin are brought back to life we may never fully understand their intentions of a a non-living constitution.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Coupe,
You've got many good points, but ask yourself this....If a check lane was truly unconstitutional do you think there would still be so many of them? If all the DUI cases we get on check lanes were dismissed, we wouldn't have them....The good thing is they don't get kicked and very seldom, if ever get lossed in court. Maybe some day we will share a blind together and I can tell you some stories/experiences I've seen go through court. You'd be amazed and some stuff that's been kicked and some stuff that stuck. Some of it is very confusing. Seems the supreme court tries every way possible to tie LEO's hands when it comes to taking criminals off the streets....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:51 pm

dukhntr wrote:Coupe,
You've got many good points, but ask yourself this....If a check lane was truly unconstitutional do you think there would still be so many of them? If all the DUI cases we get on check lanes were dismissed, we wouldn't have them....The good thing is they don't get kicked and very seldom, if ever get lossed in court. Maybe some day we will share a blind together and I can tell you some stories/experiences I've seen go through court. You'd be amazed and some stuff that's been kicked and some stuff that stuck. Some of it is very confusing. Seems the supreme court tries every way possible to tie LEO's hands when it comes to taking criminals off the streets....

And the damned ACLU
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:16 pm

While your right there are so many of them, I've done some research off and on in my free time today. And your kinda right, the supreme court ruled in 1990 M[ichigan]DSPv Sitz that checkpoints do not violate the 4th, leaving it to the states to decide on the legality of checkpoints. Currently 11 states do not allow this travesty of liberty. Do you agree with gay marriage, or marijuana. The great thing about America is that we have the option to live where it suits us because states are given such great freedom. Thankfully in 10 years, I'll move retire to the great state of Idaho, where LEO aren't forced to unjustly search people and we have awesome water rights. SO yes while its legal in Kansas it doesn't make it right. And while marijuana is legal in CO, it doesn't make it right.

Also, I'd love to hear your experience of stories from court. Being a history buff though, I'll share with you magnificent tales of how police states through out history and their humble, checkpoint laden beginnings. :beer:

Also, hunting sucked this morning, anyone else have any luck on the last day?
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:23 pm

dukhntr wrote:Seems the supreme court tries every way possible to tie LEO's hands when it comes to taking criminals off the streets....

Also, sometimes I agree. Other times I figure its to protect liberty. Its hard to agree all the time with a panel of old and out of touch people who range from left wing nut to basically racist conserative.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby FowlPwrcat » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:56 pm

But the legalization of weed IS right....
Last edited by FowlPwrcat on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
FowlPwrcat
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:29 pm

reconcoupe wrote:While your right there are so many of them, I've done some research off and on in my free time today. And your kinda right, the supreme court ruled in 1990 M[ichigan]DSPv Sitz that checkpoints do not violate the 4th, leaving it to the states to decide on the legality of checkpoints. Currently 11 states do not allow this travesty of liberty. Do you agree with gay marriage, or marijuana. The great thing about America is that we have the option to live where it suits us because states are given such great freedom. Thankfully in 10 years, I'll move retire to the great state of Idaho, where LEO aren't forced to unjustly search people and we have awesome water rights. SO yes while its legal in Kansas it doesn't make it right. And while marijuana is legal in CO, it doesn't make it right.

Also, I'd love to hear your experience of stories from court. Being a history buff though, I'll share with you magnificent tales of how police states through out history and their humble, checkpoint laden beginnings. :beer:

Also, hunting sucked this morning, anyone else have any luck on the last day?

Do I agree with Marijuana? Well, I'll say this. I have never smoked in my life. Not once. I've arrested alot of drunks for beating thier wives, DUI's, public intoxication, etc...that said, I've never arrested someone for beating his ol'e lady because he lit up a joint....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby duckdozer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 am

dukhntr wrote:
duckdozer wrote:I said that I do think cops have a place and they I do respect them for what they do. But they take the unjust and unlawful to extremes. Warrantless checkpoints have been found unconstitutional many times. Giving someone a ticket for texting and driving when they do it all the time is hypocrisy, speeding is a victimless crime. If you want to get out and stop the real criminals look at the foreign offshore banks that have occupied our government. They are the ones that ship in the drugs and run them through criminal elements inside the CIA. Go after them they are the real crooks. When your pension gets stolen from you by a bankrupt govt you are in the same boat as the rest of us. WAKE UP!

Call it unconstitutional if you want. If a person decides to drive through a check lane drunk, who's fault is it? Ever had anyone you know, love or care about get killed or hurt by a drunk driver? Think about it....That said, I hope you haven't. But every person we lock up for DUI is one that won't get the chance to hurt someone that night.

And stopping real criminals? Think about this..how do you think we get large loads of dope off the highways? This happens by stopping people for "victimless" speeding, and texting on the phone and tons of other infractions....It's pretty obvious you have no clue what your talking about. Lets keep this forum based on waterfowl, maybe you won't make yourself seem so silly.

Hey Pot, Kettle is calling.

The government ships in the drugs, why do you think we are still in Afghanastan? It isnt to find Osama Bin Laden (Tim Osman CIA asset name) he is dead now. We are there controlling the poppy fields and making sure the farmers sell it to the right people. So that the global banks can have it shipped here to create a drug war to heighten police state and lower civil liberties. As well as create poverty and and imprison the users.

Also these check points are not quick sometimes the lines can be over mile long with rush hour type traffic how is this not infringing on my right to get home in a timely manner.
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
duckdozer
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Wow!
MinneKans
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:13 pm

MinneKans wrote:Wow!

Wow X2 I thought the topic was game wardens not a political debate on the pros and cons of LEO, the US Government and the price of wheat. I did see wheat mentioned some where I think but I may have imagined it My mind was a bit cloudy after reading every post. Whew
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:35 pm

It was Game Wardens, and I thought dukhntr and myself were a very gentlemanly discussion, not a debate. I don't know about the whole CIA thing going on though. This has gotten out of hand. I demand order. :hammer:
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:02 pm

reconcoupe wrote:It was Game Wardens, and I thought dukhntr and myself were a very gentlemanly discussion, not a debate. I don't know about the whole CIA thing going on though. This has gotten out of hand. I demand order. :hammer:

I stand corrected gentlemanly discussion not debate

BTW did you see anything about wheat prices LOL
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:35 pm

cluckmeister wrote:I stand corrected gentlemanly discussion not debate

BTW did you see anything about wheat prices LOL

http://www.wheatgrowers.com/Grain/Grain_Prices

Now that is out of the way... :beer:
reconcoupe