My Season

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

My Season

Postby reconcoupe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:50 am

Well guys, my season is over, for the most part. Thought I would show how it went. Spent most of the days with a guy from my unit on an apprentice license, never shot a scatter gun before, so spent a few days of teal season showing him how to shot and what not, and he did very well this season. Just a natural shot and is now hooked. The wife went out a few times with us, she didn't do as well but got a few ducks.
Attachments
032.jpg
Buddies first Mallard
031.jpg
Buddy being bored in the blind
029.jpg
My First Wood Duck, same as the pintail
028.jpg
My first Pintail, not many in Idaho
027.jpg
Buddies first duck opening day of season
reconcoupe
hunter

Re: My Season

Postby reconcoupe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

And a few more. Had a lot of other good days, but didn't take pics. Some of em were just a few 3 or 4 duck days, with nothing special.
Attachments
121.jpg
Another limit
045.jpg
Another good limit for me and the buddy.
038.jpg
Good day limiting for me and the buddy got 5, wife got a shovler and a teal.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm

nice job! Looks like a nice Can in the last picture?? I have shot 2 only. Killed a ton of ducks the last 12 years to get my 2!
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby reconcoupe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:32 pm

dukhntr wrote:nice job! Looks like a nice Can in the last picture?? I have shot 2 only. Killed a ton of ducks the last 12 years to get my 2!

Thanks. Yep, that was a Canvas. Took in early to mid November if I recall correctly. Wasn't even hunting deep water, bombed into my mallard decoys like he was about to get his interspecies groove on. I've hunted duck since I was twelve. But almost all in Idaho with about 5 year break due to deployments and such, and this season held a lot of firsts for me. First BW, redhead, canvas, woody and pintail. Ducks that just aren't that common in Idaho.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:37 pm

And dukhntr, you've probably seen me running around, I'm the only retard running around with a boat blind and only a camo net on it, but its work so far and hasn't flared to many ducks.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby EcatMagoo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks for posting the pics! Love to hear about others success!
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby champer196 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Looks like you had a nice season!
champer196
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm

reconcoupe wrote:And dukhntr, you've probably seen me running around, I'm the only retard running around with a boat blind and only a camo net on it, but its work so far and hasn't flared to many ducks.

Can't say that I've seen you...But whatever works man! Pretty isn't always affective! :thumbsup:
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby John O`Neal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Well done . Enjoy your stay in Kansas and thank you for your service to our country .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:53 am

Yes, nice work. Hope our weather gives you the opportunity to repeat your successes next year.
mudpack
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks Mudpack, unfortunately I probably won't be here next season. I have a short upcoming deployment, then I have been accepted for reclass to be the most despised person in the Army, a recruiting station commander. So chances are I won't be in KS come next season.

I do have to say though, last season I was not impressed with Kansas hunters, and the hunting was mediocre with the lack of water.

This season though has been great, met and talked to a lot of good hunters while I was out and about (minus one group on the Kansas River this year that set up 75 yards from me).

Kansas hunting has given me some good memories.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby radfordc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 am

Well, hopefully you won't be too despised. I was a recruiting Area Commander about 30 years ago and it was one of the toughest jobs in the Army. Good luck to you.
radfordc
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 pm

radfordc wrote:Well, hopefully you won't be too despised. I was a recruiting Area Commander about 30 years ago and it was one of the toughest jobs in the Army. Good luck to you.

I can handle being despised for sake of the Army, but so help me if they put me some where there isn't good duck hunting...
reconcoupe
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting